Thread: Twitter liberals fall for Rand Paul joke

Twitter liberals fall for Rand Paul joke

How stupid are they?

-

In a joke that seems to have gone over the heads of outraged Twitter users, Andy Borowitz of the New Yorker wrote in a satirical article on Wednesday that Obama had been asked to resign by leading GOP members including Sen. Rand Paul, because of reports saying that Beyoncé lip-synced during the presidential inauguration.

Borowitz, who is known for his snarky, Onion-esque column “The Borowitz Report,” provoked a wave of anger and disbelief across Twitter on Thursday when readers mistook his humorous article for truth. In the short piece, Borowitz writes that, “A rising chorus of congressional Republicans are calling on President Obama to acknowledge that the pop singer Beyoncé lip-synched during his inaugural festivities on Monday and resign from office, effective immediately.”

He goes on to quote GOP members including Sen. Rand Paul, who are supposedly pressuring the President to tender his resignation. “By lip-synching the national anthem, Beyoncé has cast a dark cloud over the President’s second term. The only way President Obama can remove that cloud is by resigning from office at once,” Paul is quoted as saying.

“If Beyoncé lip-synched the national anthem, how do we know President Obama didn’t lip-sync his oath of office?” he supposedly adds. “If that’s the case, he’s not legally President. But just to be on the safe side, he should resign anyway.”

Borowitz has a longer roster of similar pieces he has written for The New Yorker, including, “Congress Collapses From Exhaustion After Doing Job,” “TIME Names Mitt Romney Man Of The Year 1912,” and “Al Qaeda Disbands; Says Job Of Destroying U.S. Economy Now In Congress’s Hands.”

But hundreds of Twitter users evidently didn’t catch onto the intended parody, responding with remarks fervently defending Obama and chastising the Republican party for its pettiness.

“Yep, Beyonce did lip sync/fake it but it's not the President's fault. Fine Beyonce for being a fake,” @musicmaven9 tweeted.

“I really thought this was an ‘Onion’ article; Rand Paul is nuts! – ‘Obama Urged to Resign Over Beyoncé Scandal,’” tweeted user @dhutch.

“Today's Idiot Ting! A Senator thinks Obama should resign over Beyonce's lip-syncing controversy,” Canadian radio station G98.7 wrote in a message to followers.

http://www.ibtimes.com/rand-paul-rea...rker-magazines

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LMAO!!

Lol.

I'm calling Twittering liberals "$#@!tals" from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Lol.

Twittards.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Twittiots?
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Twittiots?
    I vote for this!!

Sadly there are HORDES of them on twitter, it's crazy.

You need to be careful not to get into arguments with them or they report you for spamming etc.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dumb as a box of nails... LOL!

-t

This sort of thing may be funny but it can actually be damaging. Remember "I can see Russia from my house"?
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate View Post
    This sort of thing may be funny but it can actually be damaging. Remember "I can see Russia from my house"?
    Yeah. Something she never said. It came from a skit on SNL as I recall. People on here fell for it too.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Unfortunately, this was pushed out there as an accusation that Rand Paul is a racist. This is propaganda.

See this link for example:
    http://newsone.com/2161722/rand-paul-beyonce-obama/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Unfortunately, this was pushed out there as an accusation that Rand Paul is a racist. This is propaganda.

See this link for example:
    http://newsone.com/2161722/rand-paul-beyonce-obama/
    No, this is satire. Heck, the first paragraph reads

Just to make sure, we also contacted Sen. Paul’s Communications Director, Moira Bagley, who said that the Senator never made the remarks
    People who think it's racial are just reading too much into what's not there.
    Last edited by Mr.NoSmile; 01-24-2013 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    No, this is satire. Heck, the first paragraph reads

People who think it's racial are just reading too much into what's not there.

That first paragraph was just added to cover their ass. Read the comments, most of them think he actually said it.
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

That first paragraph was just added to cover their ass. Read the comments, most of them think he actually said it.
    Then those people are morons. You don't see The Onion putting a disclaimer at the top of every single one of their stories so people know it's satire.

This country is such an idiocracy. I just scanned Twitter and people rip Rand (a Duke Medical School grad) about self-licensing and his views on 1 aspect of the Civil Rights Act.

I can't think of a substantive argument against Rand. Everyone just tries to marginalize him as "extreme" and "crazy." The guy is great. I doubt there has ever been a President with Rand's understanding of the way the world works and these people call him dumb.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Twittiots?
    Mrs. Kathy you are hilarious!!!
    Peace sells, but who's buying?

Twittiots?
    What about a 'Twit' ?

twit (twt)
    tr.v. twit·ted, twit·ting, twits
    To taunt, ridicule, or tease, especially for embarrassing mistakes or faults. See Synonyms at ridicule.
    n.
    1. The act or an instance of twitting.
    2. A reproach, gibe, or taunt.
    3. Slang A foolishly annoying person.

Yes because if the Left can't attack someone they will just flat out make something up.

Fake quotes, positions, misrepresentations and they will have their twitter army and Democrat affiliated PACs push it out there to smear and destroy anyone who is principled and opposed to their agenda.

It's quite a sophisticated operation and believe me, they're just getting started on Rand.

Liberals are trying to take over Rand's facebook page "updates".

This thread is twitarded.
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Jon311 View Post
    How are they doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    How are they doing that?
    Check out the comments section under his last update.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Exactly. That was added because they screwed up. They were not the original source of the satire. They believed the satire and spread it. And they also added racism to the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    Then those people are morons. You don't see The Onion putting a disclaimer at the top of every single one of their stories so people know it's satire.
    The link I provided was one media outlet's reaction to the original satire piece. They did not write the original. Once again, they believed it, they spread it, and they added racism to fuel the fire. Did you see the "poll" that they included at the end of the story? Race baiting nonsense, as the left loves to do these days. Disagree with them on anything? You're a racist!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

This thread is twitarded.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to kathy88 again.

I'm gonna owe ya one!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon311 View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about this. If the GOP base thinks Rand really did this, it will only increase their respect for him.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Lol.

Why not just "Twits"?
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    What about a 'Twit' ?
    Gah, beaten to the punch. Well played, Luctor. Well played.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.