Thread: Which assult weapons?

Which assult weapons?

What if anything do you guys think they're going to get?

I'd assume AR15's are done. I'd assume they're going to get all larger then say 10 round magazines. Do you guys think they'll get every weapon with a clip?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Any weapons that meet ONE of these criteria:

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
    Folding or telescoping stock
    Pistol grip
    Bayonet mount
    Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
    Grenade launcher (more precisely, a muzzle device that enables launching or firing rifle grenades, though this applies only to muzzle mounted grenade launchers and not those mounted externally).

Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
    Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
    Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
    Barrel shroud that can be used as a hand-hold
    Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more
    A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm.

Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:
    Folding or telescoping stock
    Pistol grip
    Fixed capacity of more than 5 rounds
    Detachable magazine.

I pretty much don't want to have to register anything.

Is it safe to assume the ruger mini 14 is going to be good?

Bought it because it doesn't look scary.

They are not taking anything from me. Period.

The only thing they are going to get with that law is civil war.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

You citizens dare question the wisdom of our overlords? Reported.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    Thats what they want, they already have their Lincoln in the white house.
    Insanity should be defined as trusting the government to solve a problem they caused in the first place. Please do not go insane!

I stick with my prediction: there will be no ban on any rifle. There will be no new registration of any rifle. There might be a high-cap mag ban, but I doubt it.

Use this opportunity to call your legislators.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    I stick with my prediction: there will be no ban on any rifle. There will be no new registration of any rifle. There might be a high-cap mag ban, but I doubt it.

Already done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    What if anything do you guys think they're going to get?

I'd assume AR15's are done. I'd assume they're going to get all larger then say 10 round magazines. Do you guys think they'll get every weapon with a clip?
    I'm not that pessimistic. Maybe the magazine ban and restrictions on imports.

Someone going to loose on this and they're going to loose badly. I doubt they'll get much of anythign through the house as it sits today. But that doesn't take it off the table in my opinion.

I disagree. The media is ready to pounce on even the most trivial of shootings. One more event and I think we will see many of these points enacted.

ETA: http://www.gallup.com/poll/160085/am...-violence.aspx
    Last edited by phill4paul; 01-24-2013 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I disagree. The media is ready to pounce on even the most trivial of shootings. One more event and I think we will see many of these points enacted.

That's so disappointing. I can conceive of how people could be for some of those things in the abstract, without thinking about what they would really entail.

But any time any poll has something about "increasing government spending for..." it should get an automatic 40% against it without even needing to hear the rest of the sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by TonySutton View Post
    Thats what they want, they already have their Lincoln in the white house.
    If it came to that there will probably be plenty of blue helmets marching on US soil.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

What is the percentage of people who actually believe any of these bans will help to curb violence and not just make the criminal a little more creative with their weapons of choice?

60% for the gun ban and less for a mag ban? Those are really weak numbers for those proposals because, as Bill Clinton is trying to tell them, what matters is how strongly people feel about the issue because that is what determines who remembers what was done and and who votes on it. Believe me, no congressman with any brains is looking at a 60% number and feeling confident about it.

Also, if you take out congressional seats like urban areas in the East and in Kalifornia, the numbers look much worse for gun banning. There are a few safe seats for gun banners - those are the people shooting off their mouths - but many more that are very dangerous. There are not very many Representatives who want to touch this.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    60% for the gun ban and less for a mag ban? Those are really weak numbers for those proposals because, as Bill Clinton is trying to tell them, what matters is how strongly people feel about the issue because that is what determines who remembers what was done and and who votes on it. Believe me, no congressman with any brains is looking at a 60% number and feeling confident about it.

Also, if you take out congressional seats like urban areas in the East and in Kalifornia, the numbers look much worse for gun banning. There are a few safe seats for gun banners - those are the people shooting off their mouths - but many more that are very dangerous. There are not very many Representatives who want to touch this.
    Yes. But only half that number is against. One more shooting of consequence. One more news cycle. I don't think this bill is something that should be taken lightly. I think it has the capability to pick up traction.

If you get an assault weapon, just remember that you must get a CLEO signature and pay an ATF tax. Also, you are subject to inspection and may not transfer the weapon to another person.

Now if you get a SEMI-AUTO, scary looking rifle, I would recommend something that is reliable and well known. Personally, I would go with an ArmaLite AR-10 .308 or Saiga .308. There's also nothing wrong with the Saiga AK 7.62X39 variant either.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

Yes. But only half that number is against. One more shooting of consequence. One more news cycle. I don't think this bill is something that should be taken lightly. I think it has the capability to pick up traction.
    Oh, I don't take it lightly. But I don't see the sky falling either. And the harder they push this the worse it is for them when they fail. They have clearly taken out ALL the stops and everyone knows it. If they fail, it will be a HUGE setback for them. So we need to make sure they fail. And then we should push back in the other direction.

Quote Originally Posted by AFPVet View Post
    If you get an assault weapon, just remember that you must get a CLEO signature and pay an ATF tax. Also, you are subject to inspection and may not transfer the weapon to another person.

Now if you get a SEMI-AUTO, scary looking rifle, I would recommend something that is reliable and well known. Personally, I would go with an ArmaLite AR-10 .308 or Saiga .308. There's also nothing wrong with the Saiga AK 7.62X39 variant either.
    I have stopped fighting the misuse of the term assault rifle and am instead embracing it because I want to see REAL assault rifles back on the market. If the public doesn't want to ban assault rifles, which I think will turn out to be the case, then we should be able to get assault rifles!

I have stopped fighting the misuse of the term assault rifle and am instead embracing it because I want to see REAL assault rifles back on the market. If the public doesn't want to ban assault rifles, which I think will turn out to be the case, then we should be able to get assault rifles!
    I would push the rhetoric in the other direction, and call all rifles assault rifles, without exception.

This should answer your question, OP:

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post

Is it safe to assume the ruger mini 14 is going to be good?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris from Upstate NY View Post
    What is the percentage of people who actually believe any of these bans will help to curb violence and not just make the criminal a little more creative with their weapons of choice?
    Actually believe? No idea.

It will create a lot of criminals that did not previously exist.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 01-24-2013 at 01:12 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

If they pull ANY of this junk in Texas, I can assume that is correct. By the way Pericles, I spent the three day weekend with Rick Light over in West Texas. He pretty much reassured me we in Texas are going to be pretty cool and relax. He even convinced me to join up with the the national Well Regulated American Milita (WRAM) and Texas State Milita (TSM). I'm glad I took your "start a milita" advice! Thanks!
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Last edited by presence; 01-24-2013 at 04:57 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Amen brother!
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

Nice to see my SKS on the list. My Model 60 isn't on the list. At least they won't be coming for it.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

Quote Originally Posted by shane77m View Post
    Nice to see my SKS on the list. My Model 60 isn't on the list. At least they won't be coming for it. Yet.
    FTFY.

FTFY.
    It does hold over 10 rounds.