Thread: Have to write bios...

Have to write bios...

Hello,

one of the things I have neglected is to have a set of pre-written bios to distribute ahead of speaking engagements. This neglect has been no end of headaches. I think 4 or 5 primary different bios to suit dramatically differnt audiences, and maybe they can be customized from there to fit individual situations.

In any case, here is one I just wrote extemporaneous for a Liber-Tea-Publican thing I am keynoting Saturday.

Former North Carolina State House Representative Glen Bradley is a respected liberty activist, and he has been a bold advocate for constitutional government for 16 years. Activated by the Ron Paul Revolution in 2007, and elected to the General Assembly in the Tea Party Rebellion of 2010, Glen has not swerved in his commitment to carry out Constitutional government in North Carolina and the United States.

Glen has spent most of his inter-party efforts since 2009, building bridges between the Conservatives, Constitutionalists, Goldwaterites, Libertarian Republicans, Ron Paul Republicans, Tea Partiers, Fiscal Conservatives, and populist Republicans, while outside of the Republican Party, he has worked to advance the cause of constitutional government through demonstrations, rallies, education, and political action conferences designed to produce constitutionalist legislation, and a constitutionalist electorate.

Most recently, Glen Bradley levied his own Constitutionalist Alliance organization to host an "Honor the Oath" Rally adjacent to the General Assembly on Opening Day, January 9th, 2013, intended to remind our legislators that more people than ever are waking up to the corruption of government, and We the People mean to see that our elected officials uphold and defend our constitutions.

Glen Bradley currently travels North Carolina speaking to the conservative grassroots about the importance of rallying around a unifying principle like Constitutional compliance as the answer to building non-establishment conservative coalitions large and powerful enough to change the course of history.
    That's probably the most flattering bio I've ever written for myself, and it makes my teeth hurt.

Still, I need to have a short handful of these things polised and media-ready to just dispatch on call.

So feedback and input as always.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What about that whole military service thing? The crowds almost always like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    What about that whole military service thing? The crowds almost always like that.
    ^^^ Don't short yourself when it comes to service to country. Pull those teeth! lol.

Former North Carolina State House Representative Glen Bradley is a respected liberty activist, and he has been a bold advocate for constitutional government for 16 years. Activated by the Ron Paul Revolution in 2007, and elected to the General Assembly in the Tea Party Rebellion of 2010, having first sworn the oath to uphold and defend the US Constitution in 1993, upon enlisting into the United States Marine Corps, Glen has not swerved in his commitment to carry out Constitutional government in North Carolina and the United States.

Glen has spent most of his inter-party efforts since 2009, building bridges between the Conservatives, Constitutionalists, Goldwaterites, Libertarian Republicans, Ron Paul Republicans, Tea Partiers, Fiscal Conservatives, and populist Republicans, while outside of the Republican Party, he has worked to advance the cause of constitutional government through demonstrations, rallies, education, and political action conferences designed to produce constitutionalist legislation, and a constitutionalist electorate.

Most recently, Glen Bradley levied his own Constitutionalist Alliance organization to host an "Honor the Oath" Rally adjacent to the General Assembly on Opening Day, January 9th, 2013, intended to remind our legislators that more people than ever are waking up to the corruption of government, and We the People mean to see that our elected officials uphold and defend our constitutions.

Glen Bradley currently travels North Carolina speaking to the conservative grassroots about the importance of rallying around a unifying principle like Constitutional compliance as the answer to building non-establishment conservative coalitions large and powerful enough to change the course of history.

The second sentence of the first paragraph needs work.

You should never ask for edits. I'm going to mark it up...
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

OK, my suggestions are below. I just rewrote the second sentence of your first paragraph. Thereafter, where I deleted your language it is in strikes, and where I add my own, it is in bolded brackets.

Former North Carolina State House Representative Glen Bradley is a respected liberty activist, and he has been a bold advocate for constitutional government for 16 years. While Rep. Bradley was galvanized by the Ron Paul Revolution in 2007, and was elected to the General Assembly in the Tea Party Rebellion of 2010, he first swore his oath to uphold and defend the US Constitution in 1993, upon enlisting into the United States Marine Corps. Glen has never swerved in his commitment to Constitutional government in North Carolina and the United States.

Glen has spent most of his inter-party efforts since 2009, building bridges between the Conservatives, Constitutionalists, Goldwaterites, Libertarian Republicans, Ron Paul Republicans, Tea Partiers, Fiscal Conservatives, and populist Republicans,. while Outside of the Republican Party, he has worked to advance the cause of constitutional government through demonstrations [protests], rallies, education, and political action conferences designed to produce constitutionalist legislation, and a constitutionalist electorate.

Most recently, Glen Bradley levied his own Constitutionalist Alliance organization to host an "Honor the Oath" Rally adjacent to the General Assembly on Opening Day, January 9th, 2013, intended to remind our legislators that more people than ever are waking up to the [all too common] corruption of government,. and

[Glen Bradley's message to the legislature is and has been that]We the People mean to see that require our elected officials [to] uphold and defend our constitutions.

[Currently,] Glen Bradley currently travels[is focused on working with ] North Carolina speaking to the conservative grassroots[, relating] about the importance [he has found in] of rallying around a unifying principle like Constitutional compliance as the answer to building non-establishment[developing] conservative coalitions large [enough] and powerful enough to change the course of history.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-24-2013 at 10:16 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I like it a lot, thank you!

Great edit, Sailing!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yea, Sailingaway...
    Go get 'em Gunny !