Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CSPAN Live right now (link) Feinstein announcing firearms ban legislation...!

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    They don't care about fact. Again, this is a power grab.
    Exactly so Angela - they are going for broke and all they need to get what they want is that MOMENTARY lapse. Long enough to get the vote in and signed. After that, the "people" can whine about it all they like as the jackboots kick in their doors just a couple at a time. It is all they need.

The fact is that if they were going about this legitimately, they'd be making noise about repealing the 2nd Amendment. I would not support that, but at least that would be honest.
    That is insufficient. They would have to repeal 9A and 10A as well.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    But who is going to pay for it? There is no money in banning guns. If anything, the money is on the other side. I would be the last to say that these bills will be defeated by patriotic representatives defending the Constitution. On the contrary, they will be defeated by representatives who are afraid of losing their phony balony jobs. Help them to cultivate that fear.
    How many of those congresscritters would exchange a vote on a watered down Feinstein ban, for a big increase in MIC, and promised cuts to future increases of welfare spending?

Quite a few, I'd imagine.

The gun lobby is powerful.. but so is the MIC. And there are countless other deals that could be arranged as well
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Nobody really objects to handing out money because it is just another little squirt in a waterfall of spending (not that it isn't ruining the country). But gun owners get PISSED and throw people out of office. It has happened before and it is going to be even worse this time because the internet is allowing faster and better organizing.
    I hope you're right. With gun related tragedies being propagated daily on the MSM the tides are turning quickly to a majority supporting a AWB as well as magazine size/ammunition restrictions. I hope we are as large and as politically vocal as you think. Everyone needs to call their respective congressmen. State in no uncertain terms that should they vote for more gun regulations you will actively campaign to remove them from office.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

It's amazing listening to them bray about doing this "for the children." Very sad; very sad that such dangerous people hold such great power in this country. I think Sen. Feinstein said that since the ban was lifted in 2004, 350 people have perished from "assault rifles" in the USA? That few???? We're going to infringe on the rights of 300 million people for that? I know it's insensitive, but based on the raw numbers, this has NOTHING to do with public safety, and everything to do with a power grab.
    I think she misplaced a decimal point. 35.5? In 7 years - yeah, sounds more accurate. According to FBI stats, 2% of shootings happen with long guns, and a tiny percentage of that is with "Assault Weapons".

TOTAL POWER GRAB!

$#@! YOU FIEND STEIN!!!

-t

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Everyone needs to call their respective congressmen.
    Especially their state congressmen.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    tangent,

Don't say that stuff here. We are a non-violent group. The last thing we need is something happening and the new quoting stuff from here or any other liberty site.
    Nothing he wrote suggested violence. Let's not go all panty-waist here.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

But who is going to pay for it? There is no money in banning guns. If anything, the money is on the other side. I would be the last to say that these bills will be defeated by patriotic representatives defending the Constitution. On the contrary, they will be defeated by representatives who are afraid of losing their phony balony jobs. Help them to cultivate that fear.
    Private prisons

-t

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Especially their state congressmen.
    THIS. As well. Must spread some rep around. We need to put pressure on our respective states to use the power afforded to them to check the feds' power grabs every step of the way.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Wasn't her husband killed by gun violence? I'm not really sure if I'm confusing her with another gun grabber or not. Their tones are all eerily alike.
    She replaced Harvey Milk after he was assassinated.

I wonder if this will be tied to the looming debt negotiations? Dems agree to cave on financial issues for a passage of this law?

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Exactly so Angela - they are going for broke and all they need to get what they want is that MOMENTARY lapse. Long enough to get the vote in and signed. After that, the "people" can whine about it all they like as the jackboots kick in their doors just a couple at a time. It is all they need.

That is insufficient. They would have to repeal 9A and 10A as well.
    POWER GRAB! 9'TH AND 10TH WHAT? THAT AIN'T IN MY JBT HANDBOOK! - UP AGAINST THE WALL MF!

-t

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    How many of those congresscritters would exchange a vote on a watered down Feinstein ban, for a big increase in MIC, and promised cuts to future increases of welfare spending?

Quite a few, I'd imagine.

The gun lobby is powerful.. but so is the MIC. And there are countless other deals that could be arranged as well
    It's a gamble for many of them. Gun owners really DO get even. More than any other group I can think of. And no deal does you any good as a congressman if it costs you your seat. Unless it is a deal to set you up for life in a cushy position in the "private" sector. But their really isn't a crony-capitalist gun control lobby.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

With gun related tragedies being propagated daily on the MSM the tides are turning quickly to a majority supporting a AWB as well as magazine size/ammunition restrictions.
    Where do you see that? The polls I have seen show the opposite. There was a little blip of increased support right after the murders and then a slow decline. And the opinions are polling as "strongly held". The media has been hysterically pushing it and getting nowhere.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

Harry and McConnell reach filibuster deal...

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarLocke View Post
    She replaced Harvey Milk after he was assassinated.
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. +1. She replaced San Francisco Mayor George Moscone after he was assassinated. (Milk and Moscone were assassinated at City Hall at the same time by disgruntled former San Francisco Supervisor Dan White) I recall Feinstein bringing up this tragedy a few times.

The mentally challenged/Mental Health have practically no voice in Washington DC. Oh wait, let me rephrase it, what's the lobbying totals say, compared to; MIC, NAB, NRA, PHARMA, MPAA, PNAC, AMA, or AIPAC?

When the country's monetary system fails and despotism reigns... they realize those with nothing, have nothing to lose. Their actions can be anything and would threaten those that have plenty to lose. So it is is power grab now, to protect those elitists and their political partners for the future.

Thomas Jefferson was dead on, Rights and Liberties won't be taken overnight, they will slowly be chipped away.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Where do you see that? The polls I have seen show the opposite. There was a little blip of increased support right after the murders and then a slow decline. And the opinions are polling as "strongly held". The media has been hysterically pushing it and getting nowhere.
    Agree - I can see dispersing into the news stream...

Quote Originally Posted by TomtheTinker View Post
    Harry and McConnell reach filibuster deal...
    But this again, something like this is seriously SCARY!!!!

-t

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    If you shoot something with something like that (.223 cal) there will be nothing left to eat!

LOL!
    Gun-grabber logic at its finest...

Quote Originally Posted by VanBummel View Post
    Gun-grabber logic at its finest...

You forgot the .50 and .20mm rounds...

-t

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I see it from a variety of ways. (I have yet to see definitive (i.e. reliable- I'm not quite sure how you could definitively get nonbiased poll results) polls showing sentiment increasing or decreasing) The variety of things that lead me to believe that the tides are turning on the issue of gun rights is comments, videos, MSM articles, celebrity figures speaking out, and just the general attitude I pick up when mentioning gun rights in light of these recent tragedies. Many people I speak with seem more and more willing to concede their values and take the stance that clearly only the military should have these weapons. There are seemingly daily (two to three a week) big ass headlines saying "SCHOOL SHOOTING," or, "X PEOPLE SHOT AT SCHOOL." I don't feel many people are awake enough, or principled enough, to see the problems with being able to restrict people deemed mentally ill from owning guns. This is another area that will undoubtedly gain traction. I mean, what kind of "nut job" would fight for the rights of someone who has been diagnosed as mentally incompetent to own a firearm? They would become the laughing-stock of all MSM. They can't grasp that there may come a time when they themselves are deemed mentally incompetent. Or the broader implications of having the government determining mental competency in the first place. They are limited in their foresight. And many people who are less principled than us are undoubtedly being swayed by this barrage of MSM propaganda.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 01-24-2013 at 12:55 PM.

I see it from a variety of ways. (I have yet to see definitive (i.e. reliable- I'm not quite sure how you could definitively get nonbiased poll results) polls showing sentiment increasing or decreasing) The variety of things that lead me to believe that the tides are turning on the issue of gun rights is comments, videos, MSM articles, celebrity figures speaking out, and just the general attitude I pick up when mentioning gun rights in light of these recent tragedies. Many people I speak with seem more and more willing to concede their values and take the stance that clearly only the military should have these weapons. There are seemingly daily (two to three a week) big ass headlines saying "SCHOOL SHOOTING," or, "X PEOPLE SHOT AT SCHOOL." I don't feel many people are awake enough, or principled enough, to see the problems with being able to restrict people deemed mentally ill from owning guns. This is another area that will undoubtedly gain traction. I mean, what kind of "nut job" would fight for the rights of someone who has been diagnosed as mentally incompetent to own a firearm? They would become the laughing-stock of all MSM. They can't grasp that there may come a time when they themselves are deemed mentally incompetent. Or the broader implications of having the government determining mental competency in the first place. They are limited in their foresight. And many people who are less principled than us are undoubtedly being swayed by this barrage of MSM propaganda.
    The media is clearly on the side of firearms restrictions. But they don't reflect the general public. I was at the gun range on Monday and I have never seen it so crowded. I go to a huge gun range and I couldn't get a bench.

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Every day 50 children are shot (w/ assault weapons? - if so TOTAL BS!)
    8 die
    5 are murdered....

soooo 3 of the 8 off themselves with an AK or AR? WTF???

-t

ALL this shows, as if it needed showing, is that they DO want to take ALL guns.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

The reverend is demon possessed.

"But I can no longer justify a society that allows people, other than military and police, to own weapons like these."

Last edited by EBounding; 01-24-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post

"But I can no longer justify a society that allows people, other than military and police, to own weapons like these."
    Washington National Cathedral should tell you all you need to know about his character...

Where did we hear that before? Oh this guy would no doubt agree with him.

USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

VOMIT!!!!

-t

"But I can no longer justify a society GOVERNMENT that allows people, other than military and police, to own weapons like these."

Say what you f'n mean you spawn of Satan.

Pure $#@!in' evil.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    It's amazing listening to them bray about doing this "for the children." Very sad; very sad that such dangerous people hold such great power in this country. I think Sen. Feinstein said that since the ban was lifted in 2004, 350 people have perished from "assault rifles" in the USA? That few???? We're going to infringe on the rights of 300 million people for that? I know it's insensitive, but based on the raw numbers, this has NOTHING to do with public safety, and everything to do with a power grab.
    Not even that. Tens of millions, if not hundreds of millions of people without the right to bear arms have been murdered. They want to take this all away for a classroom of children who the government failed to protect. The even sadder part is restrictive gun laws created the environment for them to be defenseless.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Whether this or a watered down bill passes or not, one thing is clear: the Federal government is unlawful and no longer fit to hold any authority.

This has been true for some time, of course, but never has it been so clear.
    - Kim Kardashian

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast