Thread: What will Rand ask John Kerry?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What will Rand ask John Kerry?

Do you think he will probe him on his interventionist views? Like ask him about his Iraq war vote or something ?

does he get to question him ?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I dunno, but listening to McCain talk a few minutes ago made me ill. Whenever he talks about how he worked to declare there were no POWs left in Vietnam, I truly understand why so many POW families detest this man.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

"We should not have gone to war knowing the information that we know today," Kerry said Wednesday on ABC's "Good Morning America." "Knowing there was no imminent threat to America, knowing there were no weapons of mass destruction, knowing there was no connection of Saddam Hussein to al Qaeda, I would not have gone to war. That's plain and simple."

But on Aug. 9, 2004, when asked if he would still have gone to war knowing Saddam Hussein did not possess weapons of mass destruction, Kerry said: "Yes, I would have voted for the authority. I believe it was the right authority for a president to have." Speaking to reporters at the edge of the Grand Canyon, he added: "[Although] I would have done this very differently from the way President Bush has."

The Kerry campaign says voting to authorize the war in Iraq is different from deciding diplomacy has failed and waging war. But Kerry's nuanced position has contradicted itself on whether it was right or wrong to wage the war.

In May 2003, at the first Democratic primary debate, John Kerry said his vote authorizing the president to use force was the "right decision" though he would have "preferred if we had given diplomacy a greater opportunity."

But then in January 2004, Kerry began to run as anti-war candidate, saying, "I don't believe the president took us to war as he should have."

Patriot Act

Kerry joined with 97 other senators and voted for the Patriot Act in October 2001. Campaigning in New Hampshire in June 2003, he defended his vote, saying, "it has to do with things that really were quite necessary in the wake of what happened on Sept. 11."

But last December in Iowa, Kerry advocated "replacing the Patriot Act with a new law that protects our people and our liberties at the same time."

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-250_162-646435.html
    -

Rand should use the opportunity to expose Kerry's hypocrisy to the liberals, it would be perfect.

What happened to the reps for everyone?

He'll ask him about foreign aid. You can be sure of that.

Now, Kerry is advocating more of the same 'ol interventionist bull$#@! that our government has been doing. In fact, he is recommending it be increased.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Now, Kerry is advocating more of the same 'ol interventionist bull$#@! that our government has been doing. In fact, he is recommending it be increased.
    Then it seems weird that Obama nominated a Secretary of State and a Secretary of Defense who seem to have diametrically opposite views.

New world order but we're conspiracy theorists.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    New world order but we're conspiracy theorists.
    what was the exact Kissinger quote? I need to find it.

//
    Last edited by July; 01-24-2013 at 10:12 AM.

The same actors have been changing rolls my whole life.

Protest!

Order, order!!

did ask him about his time with the munsters ?

Oh, I am just so happy to know that the plan is to provide scholarships for Afghani women. Someone should tell these jerks in D.C. that they have bankrupted our country.

This whole thing has been intervention, intervention, intervention. That we should tell every other damn country on the face of the earth how to live.
    ================

I just saw Rand next to Ron Johnson, he will come up next.

edit: nevermind it was Flake.
    Last edited by itshappening; 01-24-2013 at 11:15 AM.

So has Rand spoken yet?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    So has Rand spoken yet?
    No, but surely coming up soon as they've gone through everyone...

So has Rand spoken yet?
    they took a commercial break just as Rand was about to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    they took a commercial break just as Rand was about to speak.
    I don't think CSPAN has commercials.

I don't think CSPAN has commercials.
    sure they do. I'm watching one right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    sure they do. I'm watching one right now.
    You must be watching it on a different channel than I am. I've been watching the hearing on the regular CSPAN station and there hasn't been a commercial for the 30 minutes that I've been watching.

Rand just got done speaking and asking questions.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kerry should be asked about white washing Iran Contra and CIA crack dealing in the 1980's.
    Last edited by anaconda; 01-24-2013 at 05:34 PM.