Thread: Hopefully after today more ammo will start being available

Hopefully after today more ammo will start being available

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...s-ban/1856613/

Feinstein's new bill, which will be introduced Thursday in the Senate, among other things proposes to:

Ban the sale, transfer, importation or manufacturing of about 150 named firearms, plus certain rifles, handguns and shotguns fitted for detachable magazines and having at least one military characteristic.
    Strengthen the 1994 ban by moving from a two- to a one-characteristic test to determine what constitutes an assault weapon.
    Ban firearms with "thumbhole stocks" and "bullet buttons."
    Ban the importation of assault weapons and large-capacity magazines.
    Ban high-capacity ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.
    Hopefully if this falls through it will start getting easier to find ammo. Me and some family members have been looking for 22lr without any success. My bullets to reload my 270 are still on back order. Hopefully they will ship within the next couple of weeks. This is crazy. I wonder how much ammo has been sold in the last couple of months? It has to be a lot. Hopefully most of the sells are not goobers hording it to try and resell it at a heavily inflated price.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by shane77m View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...s-ban/1856613/

Hopefully if this falls through it will start getting easier to find ammo. Me and some family members have been looking for 22lr without any success. My bullets to reload my 270 are still on back order. Hopefully they will ship within the next couple of weeks. This is crazy. I wonder how much ammo has been sold in the last couple of months? It has to be a lot. Hopefully most of the sells are not goobers hording it to try and resell it at a heavily inflated price.
    The stores have been looted here as well. I had my dad buy up all the .22lr he could find 3 weeks ago. He thought I was nuts telling him to buy up the remaining bulk ammo. We've got a couple thousand rounds sitting now.

I WANT Z-MAX AMMO! Damn my procrastination!
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

The lesson to be learned from this whole experience is this:

From now on, if you see ammo, buy it.

Last year I paid $17.99 for a 525 round box of .22lr. Last week I paid $29.99 for 10 fifty round boxes (no "bulk" boxes available).
    Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense.
    -Ron Paul

Fortunately I have a nice supply of ammo that will last me a long time if I use it sparingly. I just wish I had more to practice with.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

Fortunately I have a nice supply of ammo that will last me a long time if I use it sparingly.
    Noted.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Noted.
    I bought most of it online with my debit card. You are too late. Your superiors already know.

You will not make your quota with me.

Note to self. Danke is a Fed.
    Last edited by shane77m; 01-24-2013 at 06:01 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I bought most of it online with my debit card. You are too late. Your superiors already know.

You will not make your quota with me.
    Thanks that saves me a lot of time and paperwork.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Handgun ammo seems to be readily available still. Any evil assault weapon ammo is like hen's teeth right now. .223/5.56 .308/7.62 .22lr and 12/20ga buck shot/ defense shot good luck finding it. I $#@! you not, I have seen old Pakistani steel lacquered case 5.56 for a DOLLAR a round!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris from Upstate NY View Post
    Handgun ammo seems to be readily available still. Any evil assault weapon ammo is like hen's teeth right now. .223/5.56 .308/7.62 .22lr and 12/20ga buck shot/ defense shot good luck finding it. I $#@! you not, I have seen old Pakistani steel lacquered case 5.56 for a DOLLAR a round!
    Went to walmart today, and decided to see what their ammo stock looked like just out of curiosity. Ammo display was nearly empty (90%+), and there was a new notice I'd never seen before that said "To better serve more customers, ammo purchases are limited to 3 boxes per customer per day." There was one box of 9mm in the case, but nobody around to get it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
    Went to walmart today, and decided to see what their ammo stock looked like just out of curiosity. Ammo display was nearly empty (90%+), and there was a new notice I'd never seen before that said "To better serve more customers, ammo purchases are limited to 3 boxes per customer per day." There was one box of 9mm in the case, but nobody around to get it for me.
    Sounds like every Walmart I have ever been in.

Quote Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
    Same by me... Walmart is not restocking ammo from suppliers until the talk of new national gun legislation is worked out. What do they know that we don't? Also, it is a un written policy of Walmart to not have any active store associates in sporting goods. You have to go and track down someone nearby and hope they have a key for the case or at least the brain capacity to call someone who does. And when buying handgun calibers, in permit states they require to see your permit, even though most calibers are also for rifles. The exception is 22lr. Before I had my pistol permit, I was unable to purchase 9mm for my highpoint carbine. If you are looking for 9mm specifically, there are many online store with plenty in stock for cheap. Sportsman's guide is your best bet.

...Also, it is a un written policy of Walmart to not have any active store associates in sporting goods...
    That may vary from state to state or locale to locale. I don't go into Walmart often, but when I've been there in recent memory, there's always been at least one person in sporting goods. I was there a few weeks ago and there were two, one behind the counter ready to pull ammo for you, and another guy that was, well, just there.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

I $#@! you not, I have seen old Pakistani steel lacquered case 5.56 for a DOLLAR a round!
    Thank God that I'm not that desperate - yet.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    Thank God that I'm not that desperate - yet.
    We were prepared on that front with about 30K rounds of various.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ammoman has 2 different kinds of AK chow for $350 per 1,000 in bulk.

.223 and .22LR is blanks only.

I've never seen that site that empty.

-t

pretty sure you're going to be down to buying auction style from a place like gunbroker.com

And when buying handgun calibers, in permit states they require to see your permit, even though most calibers are also for rifles. The exception is 22lr. Before I had my pistol permit, I was unable to purchase 9mm for my highpoint carbine.
    Yea, that one always pissed me off, especially when I was younger than 21. There are plenty of carbines that fire typical handgun rounds, but they won't sell them to you unless you're old enough (i.e =>21) to buy a handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Athan View Post
    I WANT Z-MAX AMMO! Damn my procrastination!
    I ordered 250 rounds of 168 grain .308 Win. Z-MAX from Midway 12/28 and received it about 2 weeks later.
    Last edited by mad cow; 01-25-2013 at 11:00 PM.

Stopped in at the local gun store tonight and they had gotten a shipment of ARs and similar in stock. No magazines or ammo to go with them, though....
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Any body need 10mm? Got 20 boxes sitting on my bench. 20$/box Federal JHP 180 Gr. PM me.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO