Thread: I've been reading blogs and comments

I've been reading blogs and comments

I've been reading most every blog or write up in Rand over the last few weeks it seems. The blogs I'm reading are from his cnn, fox, and other mainstream sources. I admit I'm not reading blogs about Rubio even though some blogs have mentioned him.

The feeling I'm getting from these write ups is basically the GOP nomination is already Rand's.

I'd be shocked if Fox news didn't turn on Rand come election time. Ron never got the extended love Rand is getting.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by american.swan View Post
    I've been reading most every blog or write up in Rand over the last few weeks it seems. The blogs I'm reading are from his cnn, fox, and other mainstream sources. I admit I'm not reading blogs about Rubio even though some blogs have mentioned him.

The feeling I'm getting from these write ups is basically the GOP nomination is already Rand's.

I'd be shocked if Fox news didn't turn on Rand come election time. Ron never got the extended love Rand is getting.
    Expecting Rand to be Ron is rather a tyrant notion. He goes back to the end of the line as far as I'm concerned. There isn't any reason he should be anything like his daddy. I think both to them would agree with me. If he happens to mature to be like his daddy, fine. But I'm expecting someone else as water needs to be thicker than blood.

You probably shouldn't base this opinion on Internet comments. If that is your method you might have thought Ron would be president. We tend to be over-represented on the internet sometimes.

I read this as: Posts about Rand Paul attract fans of Rand Paul.

I wouldn't read much beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarLocke View Post
    I read this as: Posts about Rand Paul attract fans of Rand Paul.

I wouldn't read much beyond that.
    Rand Paul is top tier though. He has a very real shot at being the nominee. Unless they start a smear/blackout campaign of course.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Unless they start a smear/blackout campaign of course.
    Aquaracisthomophobicisolationistantisemiticrightwi ngdomesticterroristbuddha. And his son tried to bring down an airliner.

Quote Originally Posted by american.swan View Post

I am not sure of the point you are trying to make here. At any rate, Rand is better than most of the scum in Congress, but I would thus far rate him at about 25% the man his father is. That may piss some of you off, but that is how I see him. He should have destroyed Hillary Clinton so that not so much as fly-ash remained. He basically gave her $200 and the get-out-of-jail-free card. And what in hell was that bull$#@! about being sure her intentions were "good"? First of all, he has no idea what her intentions were and on that basis alone should keep such stupid comments to himself. Let me sit in his chair for a day and put that scurrilous woman before me and I would show you how to slice and dice her kind. By the time I was through she would have every mafia hit man on the planet after me, but I would have gotten to the truth or would have exposed her for the criminal that she is. How can it be that these people who seem so promising as they are rising suddenly turn into incompetents once they achieve office? Ron Paul is one of not even a handful of men of whom this was not the case and he is on his way out. Glen Bradley, bless his head, seems to have remained on the path thus far. I hope Thomas Massie does the same. But that is only three voices. We need worlds more than that and I just do not see it happening. Hell, I would run for office but cannot find ANYONE in the state of WV interested in helping and I have no idea how to get started and am not the sort to do this on my own. I find it not very promising to find such apathy in a time when the nation is teetering on the brink. Lots of people talk about it but do nothing. They don't run for office and they do not help others to run. That is not a formula for success... but I'm running afield of the original topic.

It will be interesting to see how Rand Paul develops in the next year or so, but I would say that if by '14 he is not firmly planted on the side of liberty and does not show a distinct unwillingness to compromise with the devil, time to kick him to the curb with the rest.

Now, if I have missed something truly and monumentally fundamental that should alter my assessment of Rand Paul, someone please let me know because it is not my goal to hold an undeserved opinion of anyone. If I have missed the boat, someone please tell me know. My mind is open and I truly want to be wrong on this.
    Last edited by osan; 01-24-2013 at 05:09 PM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.