Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What if you had a chance to re-write the Constitution?

I don't see why it matters exactly what kind of taxes are constitutional.

Wherever the Constitution says any kind of tax is ever ok, the Constitution is just wrong and should be ignored.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Wherever the Constitution says any kind of tax is ever ok, the Constitution is just wrong and should be ignored.
    Which is what many a tax protester has done before taking up residence in the pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    Which is what many a tax protester has done before taking up residence in the pen.
    I wasn't speaking about practicality.

As with other thieves who threaten you with violence demanding money from you, it's probably the case that giving some to them is your best alternative. It's also probably the case that any means you may have of holding onto any of your money without their knowledge should be used. As long as you understand that they have no real moral claim to your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    "Finally, there seem to be but three ways for a nation to acquire wealth. The first is by war as the Romans did in plundering their conquered neighbours. This is robbery. The second by commerce which is generally cheating. The third by agriculture the only honest way; wherein man receives a real increase of the seed thrown into the ground, in a kind of continual miracle wrought by the hand of God in his favour, as a reward for his innocent life, and virtuous industry."

-- Benjamin Franklin
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would put a constitutional limit on taxation. Specifically, I would prohibit all taxes to the Federal government except a tax on taxes. You would pay taxes to the State or local government and Congress would set a certain rate where a % of other government bodies would have to forward tax receipts. So if you paid $1000 in local property tax and the federal tax rate was 2%, that local government would owe the Feds $20, keeping the rest for theirselves.

This would do two things:

1. Keep tax rates low at all levels. In effort to keep money local, there would be a focus on keeping taxes low because any $ that goes to Washington does leaves the State/county/city. Plus states would pressure Congress to keep Federal rates low so that the state could keep more of their revenue.

2. It would localize most spending. If there is going to be government involvement in healthcare, welfare, infrastructure, etc., it will be done on the local level.

A tax on taxes. That's where it is at.

I would amend the constitution so that everyone in America shall receive millions and millions of dollars and all Americans shall be rich and happy, the end. Nice story for the constitution eh?
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss, from The Lorax

I would clarifye that the bill of rights is to be strictly interpreted, and that no law passed shall supersede them. Then I would inject some competition into the courts.
    Best of luck in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilluxe View Post
    I would amend the constitution so that everyone in America shall receive millions and millions of dollars and all Americans shall be rich and happy, the end. Nice story for the constitution eh?
    Great idea, I have expended upon it with this: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post4869742
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

I'd amend the 14th amendment to clearly define the citizen as "natural citizen". It would change absolutely everything and restore control to the genuine people of, by and for them. In it's current states, corporations interpret themseves to be people. As such, they lobby for representation and run the show. If it remains this way, rest assured that repatriation will certainly premise upon growth rather than survival.Obviously there are two entirely different models there.

Will never happen politically though. As it is, these "persons" benefit from representation and as such dictate the rules. Will have to be approached from the technology/science department I'm afraid. But, who say's it already isn't awork in progress?
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 02-12-2013 at 07:17 AM.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

The restraint of tyranny both foreign and domestic being necessary to the security of a free people, the right of the people to, own, possess, keep, and bear every terrible arms of the soldier shall not be infringed or regulated by any government or government sanctioned private organization.

(I may want to edit that)

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

This is just a start:

1) Prohibit the use of Party labels on ballots

2) Make the census count only citizens and those who have declared intent to become citizens.

3) Recognize the original 13th Amendment as ratified.

4) Repeal the 17th and require the legislatures to actually elect their senators. Prohibit use of rubber stamp election polls (before the 17th progressive states required the legislature rubber stamp voter approved senate candidates). Allow for a plurality of 40% to elect a senator and allow a senator to be recalled by 2/3 of the legislature. Require legislatures to actually elect a senator (states would sometimes go for years without a two senators, e.g. New Jersey). Allow for the Congress to convene a state legislature to force them to sit in joint continuous session to elect a senator - No other business would be allowed until the legislature elected a senator - Allow Congress to declare any or all legislative seats vacant if legislators failed to appear at the legislature to elect a senator (and prohibit any such legislator from running for public office for 10 years and taxing the cost of any special election to fill vacant seats to the individual ousted legislator.) Change the title of "Senator" to that of "Ambassador."

5) Make the vice-president elected by state Governors who could only elect one of their own or a previous vice-president. Prohibiting a VP who becomes President from seeking election as President. If the Governors can't elect a VP then the office goes vacant. Change the office of Vice President to that of "President of the Senate."

6) Make election fraud that can influence a federal election punishable by loss of citizenship, loss of all property and death. (Would prohibit election fraud for state legislative office since it elects senators.)

7) Require all Congressional votes based on total authorized membership (No 50% plus one of a quorum.) Thus, the senate would require 51 votes on all legislation (67 for a proposed amendment or treaty) even if there are only 99 or less who have been elected and seated. Same for the House.

8) In increase the size of the House to one rep for every 30,000. (thirty-thousandproject.org)

9) Create a "Sovereign Jury Grand" (Jail for Judges) who could indict, impeach, and/or allow an aggrieved party to sue the judge without the judge claiming "judicial immunity." Prohibit any person with a sworn oath of office and appearing before a Sovereign Grand Jury proceeding from claiming the "5th." Under Master/Servant law the Master is entitled to all the knowledge of the Servant acquired while in the course of duties to the Master. Same applies to judges and others with oaths.

10) Require all legislation start in the House (even treaties but without 2/3 vote in the house). Allow for the Senate to submit proposed amendments to a bill but if the House rejects the amendments require the Senate to vote on the bill as proposed by the House (allow the bill to bounce back and forth 3 times before requiring a Senate up or down vote).

11) Prohibit "saving clauses" in legislation - if one part is unconstitutional the whole is unconstitutional.

12) Allow the President to issue pardons, etc, for crimes 5 years after conviction but allow the President to ask Congress for a pardon in other cases - allowing for stays from enforcement of judgments until Congress acts or fails to act. Except in cases involving the Sovereign Grand Jury - then the President must present his request for a pardon to the SGJ who must give a 2/3 approval.
    Last edited by John of Des Moines; 02-13-2013 at 11:03 AM.

I'd add this:

Any attempt to institute a Central Bank of any form shall be considered to be a High Crime and an Act of Sedition or Treason.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I saw this thread and couldn't help but point out that you can all re-write the Constitution at the Second Constitutional Convention. It's in Beta testing right now so every one of your ideas and concepts would help debug and make it better.

It would be great to move out from beta and perfect this, but the problem with the con-con happening in real life is that we are currently outnumbered by Demon-crats and neo con Retard-icans. I would love to go on an Al Gore or Rick Santorum fan page and see what amendments those people would come up with.
    Last edited by pahs1994; 02-21-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crager View Post
    I saw this thread and couldn't help but point out that you can all re-write the Constitution at the Second Constitutional Convention. It's in Beta testing right now so every one of your ideas and concepts would help debug and make it better.
    Would you really trust the $#@!s we have in Congress right now with a Con Con?

(Con Con = Constitutional Convention)
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I'd erase everything the whole document except the Bill of Rights 1-10 and amendment #13

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123