Thread: Constitution eBooks

Constitution eBooks

Does anyone know a good resource site to download Constitution-related material in eBook form? I'd prefer free versions.

Amazon has The Constitution and Federalist Papers for free... but I think it's DRMed. They also make it fairly hard to download. I either have to use their "Whispernet," or read it online through their Kindle Flash app, or download it with their Amazon download app, which they don't provide for Linux.

I thought Mises.org might have some of this, and while they have a TON of great free eBook content, I don't see anythink like that.

Anyway, if anyone could point me to either a place to find eBook versions, that would be great.

Thanks!

Edit: I found a version on Project Gutenberg. Does anyone know anything about this site? Whether it's reputable? This version is plain-text, though, and has a lot of unnecessary text.

- Darin
    Last edited by Darin; 01-10-2012 at 07:18 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am not sure how much this counts so far as eBooks go, though I have two key projects in the works, neither are entirely complete yet, although are functional. The HDV which contains html pages of documents and books pertaining to America and the LRDC which contains PDF’ of various topics and resources including a historical library with many PDF’ also pertaining to America.

The Historical Documents Viewer: http://www.hdv.defendindependence.us/
    The Learning Resource & Discovery Center: http://www.lrdc.defendindependence.us/
    Last edited by Weston White; 01-10-2012 at 10:08 AM.

There is a constitution APP on Android phones

I'm currently working on something similar. I'm researching what e-books are available in the public domain related to liberty issues, and I'm going to release them as free downloads on my website. I've got a ton of e-books on the subject, but I'm having a hard time determining the specific public domain status of each.

I realize this is a very old thread, but I thought I would point out that a site I made, uscon.mobi, has ebooks of the Declaration of Independence, the Articles of Confederation, and the U.S. Constitution on the downloads page in several formats.