Thread: 2013 NHGOP Annual Meeting

2013 NHGOP Annual Meeting

2013 NHGOP Annual Meeting

The meeting opened well. NH Senator Andy Sanborn was the opening speaker.

A Voluntaryist activist received the Norris Cotton annual award from the Concord City Committee.

There aren't expected to be many controversial things today. I have a great Internet connect and will keep people informed.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 01-26-2013 at 11:45 AM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The current NHGOP Chair just thanked former Chair Jack Kimball for his service as the former NHGOP Chair.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

List of bylaw amendments and details. http://nhgop.org/pages/detail/141

1. Government Employees cannot be State Committee Members
    2. Amending qualification provision under County/City Committees
    3. The Platform must be under one page in length and shall be approved by the State Committee before passage
    4. Creation of a "Chairman Emeritus" position on the Executive Committee
    5. Creation of a "Coalitions" and "Technology" appointed positions on the Executive Committee and State Committee
    6. Amending the Vacancies Provision under County and City Committees
    7. The Executive Committee may not impose a fee or tax upon members
    8. Any fees or taxes must be approved by 3/5 of the entire State Committee
    9. The Chairman can be compensated based on a recommendation by the Executive Committee

Takes 2/3s to pass an amendment.

None are big liberty issue.
    There are 9 proposed bylaw amendments.
    Amendment 1, withdrawn
    Amendment 2, failed by 2 votes
    Amendment 3, failed
    Amendment 4, failed
    Amendment 5, failed
    Amendment 6, failed
    Amendment 7, passed
    Amendment 8, withdraw because since 7 passed, 8 wasn't needed
    Amendment 9, failed
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 01-26-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Elections of officers:
    There were only 3 contested races.

Chairman race - Winner Jennifer Horn
    Andrew Hemingway (a liberty Republican) - Rep. Pamela Tucker (a somewhat liberty Republican) and Omer Ahern (a Tea Party type Republican) nominated Andrew
    Jennifer Horn (a social and fiscal conservative Republican) - Rep. William O'Brien (the former NH speaker of the house, a somewhat liberty and Tea Party Republican), Tammy Simmons (a liberty Republican, she endorsed Ron Paul while she was a state rep., she even mentioned Ron Paul in her speech) and Kevin Smith (former leader of Cornerstone, a social and fiscally conservative organization) nominated Jennifer

1 of the pro-liberty county chairs said the vote count was 222-189.

Assistant Secretary race - Winner Fran Wendelboe
    Jeffrey Newman (a moderate establishment type guy) - Don't remember who nominated him
    Fran Wendelboe (a fiscal and social conservative) - Rep. George Lambert (a liberty Republican, he endorsed Ron Paul) and someone else nominated Fran.

I doubt the vote was close.

Area 4 Vice Chairman race - Winner Robert Kasper
    Thomas Howard (a somewhat liberty Republican) - Spec Bowers (a liberty Republican) nominated him.
    Robert Kasper (I have no idea where he stands on any of the issues as he doesn't bring the issues up much other than to say we need to try to appeal more to the youth and the issues that are important to them) - Allie Bedell (Don't know where she stands, I heard she wasn't pro-liberty from someone else but I know she has helped liberty people promote liberty) and the chair of the Concord Republican City Committee (don't know where she stands but her committee awarded a Voluntaryist with their big award, as I mentioned in the OP) nominated Robert.

Out of the 9 bylaw amendments and 3 contested races, the way I voted won all but once. All in all, a pretty boring but good day.

I only know about where 3 of the 14 county and city committee chairs stand on the issues. 2 of the 3 chairs are pro-liberty. In the committee where the chair isn't pro-liberty, both the current vice chair and the ex-chair are pro-liberty.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 01-27-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Here is the Union Leader article on the Annual Meeting if you want to read it.
    http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...WS06/130129319