Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Rand Paul on Wolf Blitzer 1/23/2013

  1. #1

    Default Rand Paul on Wolf Blitzer 1/23/2013




  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    Not a big fan of the spending more money thing...

  4. #3

    Default

    Spend money on that bill from where?

    the government is broke.

  5. #4

    Default

    He's on roll lately, good stuff.

    His budget cuts a lot of stuff elsewhere no doubt to pay for security

  6. #5

    Default

    Yeah..I wished Rand hadn't made the "worst since 9-11" comparison. He definitely had to back track on that with Wolf.
    Last edited by anaconda; 01-23-2013 at 07:07 PM.

  7. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Yeah..I wished Rand hadn't made the "worst since 9-11" comparison. He definitely had to back track on that with Wolf.
    It's not like it dominated the conversation, it took all of :10 seconds to explain. Obviously he meant a diplomatic blunder, this was a good interview.

    As for the appropriation remarks. The appropriation will probably come out of the DOD's current budget. And frankly aslong as we have diplomats overseas we're responsible for their safety. This is spending we shouldn't be cutting; the issue is the military budget.

  8. #7
    Member Inkblots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    in darkest California
    Posts
    1,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Yeah..I wished Rand hadn't made the "worst since 9-11" comparison. He definitely had to back track on that with Wolf.
    It's easy enough to clarify: say he meant it was the most deadly terrorist attack against a US civilian target since 9/11. 'Cause, you know, it was the most deadly terrorist attack against a US civilian target since 9/11. He shouldn't need to backtrack.
    Violence will not save us.

    Let us love one another, for love is from God.

  9. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dskalkowski View Post
    It's not like it dominated the conversation, it took all of :10 seconds to explain. Obviously he meant a diplomatic blunder, this was a good interview.

    As for the appropriation remarks. The appropriation will probably come out of the DOD's current budget. And frankly aslong as we have diplomats overseas we're responsible for their safety. This is spending we shouldn't be cutting; the issue is the military budget.
    By way of the Vienna treaty, countries in which embassies and consulates are located are responsible for their security.

    Additionally, arguing for military defense of these consulates and embassies is arguing for empire and overseas bases. Far from non-interventionism, this is an endorsement of our foreign policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

  10. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    2,882

    Default [Video] Rand Paul: Benghazi A Judgement Failure By Secretary Clinton - CNN 1/23/2013

    Rand Paul: Benghazi A Judgement Failure By Secretary Clinton
    CNN | January 23, 2013


    http://youtu.be/3WXfIyYcMxc

  11. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    Not a big fan of the spending more money thing...
    Just wondering where's he getting the $55 billion from when the budget isn't balanced?
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

    Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

    Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

    http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

    http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

    http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)


    Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !


  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    By way of the Vienna treaty, countries in which embassies and consulates are located are responsible for their security.

    Additionally, arguing for military defense of these consulates and embassies is arguing for empire and overseas bases. Far from non-interventionism, this is an endorsement of our foreign policy.
    I don't think that the treaty applies when you are at war with country you have an embassy in.And the USA was at war with Libya.You can not go around the world attacking countries on all continents and have your fingers in every war,rebellion,dictator and not expect blow back.You reap what you saw,and when you saw death you certainly are not going to reap hugs and kisses.

    There never are any reports about Chinese,Japanese,Brazilian embassies being burned down and that is because they mind their own business.

    Not to mention that USA embassies in almost every country are just a screen for the CIA,if you add marines to them as well they are completely legitimate targets.

    .
    Last edited by Demigod; 01-24-2013 at 05:27 AM.

  13. #12

    Default

    Obsessing about Benghazi didn't exactly lead Romney & the GOP into the White House. Such things may have traction in the over 60 GOP crowd, which will be over 64 in 2016, but not too many other places.

  14. #13
    Mr. Republitarian FSP-Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    A^2
    Posts
    10,361
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by furface View Post
    Obsessing about Benghazi didn't exactly lead Romney & the GOP into the White House. Such things may have traction in the over 60 GOP crowd, which will be over 64 in 2016, but not too many other places.
    He's clearly riding the wave of this current media topic to the fullest extant and keeping his name out there. Above all, he's getting the most press out of this, pissing off the left and getting major gravitas from most of the right wing media. He's playing each issue for all they are worth. If you're on Hannity and Levin in one day on a current major issue, you're doing something right in terms of being from the pro-liberty camp.

  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    He's clearly riding the wave of this current media topic to the fullest extant and keeping his name out there. Above all, he's getting the most press out of this, pissing off the left and getting major gravitas from most of the right wing media. He's playing each issue for all they are worth. If you're on Hannity and Levin in one day on a current major issue, you're doing something right in terms of being from the pro-liberty camp.
    Yeah, but if the stances you're taking aren't pro-liberty (and let's be clear, he's calling for more security spending and for additional military bases in foreign countries - that is anti-liberty), you aren't helping the pro-liberty cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

  16. #15

    Default

    Romney didn't obsess over Benghazi. He pushed one little thing about it when under fire in the debate and failed. It was another example of Romney trying to "run to the middle."

  17. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Yeah, but if the stances you're taking aren't pro-liberty (and let's be clear, he's calling for more security spending and for additional military bases in foreign countries - that is anti-liberty), you aren't helping the pro-liberty cause.


    wait what where in the interview did he ask for more military basis?
    I thought he asked for more money to protect our embassies. I see nothing wrong with that.

  18. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cero View Post
    wait what where in the interview did he ask for more military basis?
    I thought he asked for more money to protect our embassies. I see nothing wrong with that.
    Watch his Hannity interview from last night.



    Also, he mentions having militarization of embassies at the 4:50 or so mark in the Blitzer video.
    Last edited by Feeding the Abscess; 01-24-2013 at 11:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

  19. #18

    Default

    Whoa whoa. I want to hear about budget cuts elsewhere before I want to hear about increasing billions for security for CIA black sites.

    Note to Rand: Don't talk about 9/11 ever. Learn from Debra Medina's path on this. Wolf appeared to be setting you up for a later "truther" interview. And for god sake don't talk about increasing budgets for any department unless your answer starts with cuts elsewhere. Talk about where you will cut FIRST. Then talk about where you think money can be better spent. /sigh
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    Internet shills exposed: (Yes, there are plenty on RPF)
    http://the-tap.blogspot.com/2012/10/...eyre-real.html

    Why most RPF members are against the US involvement with Israel explained by Mini-Me:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=218093
    No anti-semitism, just logic.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks Fishing Boat Rentals

  20. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Yeah, but if the stances you're taking aren't pro-liberty (and let's be clear, he's calling for more security spending and for additional military bases in foreign countries - that is anti-liberty), you aren't helping the pro-liberty cause.
    Where in the video did he say he wanted additional military bases, Abscess? All I heard him say is that they need more protection in dangerous countries.
    I have many friends in the libertarian movement who look down on those of us who get involved in political activity,
    he acknowledged, but "eventually, if you want to bring about changes what you have to do is participate in political
    action.
    -- Ron Paul


    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% the same on issues." "People Try To Drive Wedges Between Rand And Me." --Ron Paul

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=pB5JgzBVHN0

    The Property Basis of Rights

  21. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    2,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Yeah, but if the stances you're taking aren't pro-liberty (and let's be clear, he's calling for more security spending and for additional military bases in foreign countries - that is anti-liberty), you aren't helping the pro-liberty cause.
    He didn't call for more spending though, he said the State Department shouldn't be spending millions of dollars on idiotic things like charging stations for electric cars and sending comedians to India and instead dedicate those funds for things it should be doing such as guarding embassies and protecting diplomats.

  22. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Where in the video did he say he wanted additional military bases, Abscess? All I heard him say is that they need more protection in dangerous countries.
    Yes, more protection that he specifically called to be carried out by the military. And even suggested aircraft carriers and other warships should be moved to North Africa. There is no spinning this in a positive manner. Rand isn't suggesting non-intervention. At all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

  23. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    2,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Yes, more protection that he specifically called to be carried out by the military. And even suggested aircraft carriers and other warships should be moved to North Africa. There is no spinning this in a positive manner. Rand isn't suggesting non-intervention. At all.
    1) He said the Marines who currently guard documents at embassies and consulates should instead be guarding the actual embassies and the diplomats
    2) He questioned why our aircraft carriers are not near the places our troops are stationed on the ground in case they need assistance in cases like Benghazi





« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •