Thread: GUN CONFISCATION: Chenango County, NY

GUN CONFISCATION: Chenango County, NY

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Offic...188298081.html

Afton, NY (WBNG Binghamton) Officials are working hard to keep schools safe after a threat is made in Afton.
    Those close to the situation say an Afton student made a verbal threat at approximately 8:30 p.m. Wednesday during an after school activity.

The minor was detained and the situation was handled immediately by coaches, adults and the Chenango County Sheriff's Office.

Three long guns were removed from the home of the student in question.

At no time were students or staff members in any immediate danger, nor were any weapons brought onto school property, according to a post on the sheriff's office's Facebook page.

Parents of students present at the time of the incident were notified, and an emergency message was later sent to all parents.
    "I feel safe knowing that the faculty, coaches, and proper authorities responded as immediate as they did. That gives me a good feeling that they didn't take this lightly. I'm very proud of them," said Stephanie Pisani, an Afton parent.

The student will not be returning to school at this time. Faculty and other school authorities will be holding meetings to discuss the incident.
    An officer has been placed in the school for the time being for security purposes, and parents with further questions or concerns were encouraged to contact the superintendent.
    Add a comment

Randy Brooks One verbal mistake by a teenager is a far cry from a massacre. Intervention is definitly needed,

but the confiscation of weapons from the parents is uncalled for.

The parents could have just as easily been directed to secure them safely and left it at that.

Telessa Gehm Bean · Now, if they want to take your guns away, they can just use anything your child says in impulsive anger to do it.

see also:

GUN CONFISCATION: Roxbury, Massachusetts

GUN CONFISCATION: Quaker Hill, Connecticut

GUN CONFISCATION: Hartford Connecticut

For decades we’ve been hearing the rhetoric from Second Amendment defenders:

“You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers.”

Indeed, it did once seem far-fetched that the kind of gun restrictions we saw in the Soviet Union, Nazi Germany and Red China could ever come to the United States – with its constitutional protections, its broad private ownership of hundreds of millions of firearms and its unique 230-plus years of history of liberty.

But then they came for the guns in the United Kingdom. And Brits gave them up. Then they came for the guns in Australia. And the Aussies gave them up.

The excuses were always the same. Gun confiscation always comes in the name of safety and security. But it brings only death and tyranny.

I always thought America would forcefully resist the constant cries from those who want to see government maintain a monopoly on force.

I am beginning to have my doubts.
    Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/will-amer...wglzWjAub21.99
    Last edited by presence; 01-26-2013 at 06:52 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Such a lovely place!

Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

I'm reading on twitter that there is mass noncompliance with their new gun law. has it even been out yet long enough to know?
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Gun-grabbing co-conspirator
    That gives me a good feeling
    I'm glad it makes you feel better.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I'm reading on twitter that there is mass noncompliance with their new gun law. has it even been out yet long enough to know?
    Is there anything to even non-comply with yet? Thought it doesn't take effect for another year
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

And if a cop's child said such a thing...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Didn't Canada have that problem when they implemented their long gun registry? Then they had massive cost overruns....
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    Didn't Canada have that problem when they implemented their long gun registry? Then they had massive cost overruns....
    And today the average Canadian bows down and licks the governments boots.

[QUOTE=bxm042;4837539]Is there anything to even non-comply with yet? Thought it doesn't take effect for another year[/QUOTE

Private sales are over in march...mag ban is in effect a month after that...we are suppose to register within a year
    Last edited by TomtheTinker; 01-26-2013 at 02:25 PM. Reason: typo
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Quote Originally Posted by TomtheTinker View Post

Private sales are over in march...mag ban is in effect a month after that...we are suppose to register within a year are.
    Well if they have problems with trying to enforce the magazine ban then they ought to know good-and-well that registration will be practically impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.