Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: McConnell targeted by Kentucky tea partiers

control the endorsements = liberty candidate.

fsp rebel is spot on.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTyke View Post
    Exactly. This may turn into much more, but the truth is even if no one chooses this as a worthwhile cause to donate to, without spending a penny we've already caused McConnell a huge headache in the national media. After all the bad votes, it's the least Kentuckians could do for everyone's favorite senator!
    I can't rep you again this soon.... but I will!

I look forward to seeing what happens out there.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    rand paul is being taken seriously at the national level as evidenced by the press coverage of john kerry's confirmation hearings

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    it's virtually impossible to remove them and would cost millions of dollars and result in failure. contrary to your beliefs the likes of Boehner and Pelosi are hugely popular back in their district and are national figures, same with McConnell. They have plenty of money and good will and will cruise to victory every time.

What's the point?

Do you know how much it costs to run a senate campaign, dear lord...

Much easier to focus on WV where 2 million will win you the seat than try and dethrone McConnell in Kentucky which would cost 5-10m just to try and make it competitive and unlikely to succeed because no one decent will run against him, certainly no elected official and no one with a brain will waste a year of their time going round Kentucky trying to beat him in a primary .
    you're right. we should let these scumbags get away with their $#@! and just go for the low hanging fruit, always. challenges are to be ignored.

in other words: politics is hard, lets go shopping!

I'd love to see McConnell taken down, make no mistake. That would be wonderful. I don't see it being likely whatsoever though, so in that case it would be a waste of resources in that venture, to attempt it at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by VBRonPaulFan View Post
    you're right. we should let these scumbags get away with their $#@! and just go for the low hanging fruit, always. challenges are to be ignored.

in other words: politics is hard, lets go shopping!
    You think you'll make him cry when you run against him. There is always that. You might make him cry. That'd feel good.

When he still wins, and you've put limited money down the hole for basically nothing, instead of toward campaigns where there could of been gains made, beyond simple minded pud pulling, that as a result of which would in time lead to a political situation where successful campaigns against major candidates akin to McConnell were made possible...

well, that won't happen so do enjoy beating that meat I guess.
    Last edited by Victor Grey; 01-25-2013 at 02:08 PM.

why are some so controlling of where OTHERS put their money? At this point there isn't even a candidate to decide on. If Kemper were running, even building up name familiarity might be worth some dollars to some people, and to others, just opposing a horrible majority leader who has gotten away with political murder is worth some. Some think making consequences exist is a bit more than 'beating meat'. If you don't, obviously, you will make your own support decisions.

Meanwhile, kudos to the Kentucky grass roots. Just the headlines making their independence clear is worth a bit, in my book.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-25-2013 at 02:14 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    why are some so controlling of where OTHERS put their money? At this point there isn't even a candidate to decide on. If Kemper were running, even building up name familiarity might be worth some dollars to some people, and to others, just opposing a horrible majority leader who has gotten away with political murder is worth some. Some think making consequences exist is a bit more than 'beating meat'. If you don't, obviously, you will make your own support decisions.

Meanwhile, kudos to the Kentucky grass roots. Just the headlines making their independence clear is worth a bit, in my book.
    I agree! Here in California, I donated to Rick Williams and John Dennis even though I knew they didn't have a very good chance. And while there are some here who would say that I'm "throwing my money away." I feel like anyone who is willing to challenge the establishment deserves my support no matter how long of a shot it is. They deserve to know that there are people who support them and that they should continue the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Grey View Post
    I'd love to see McConnell taken down, make no mistake. That would be wonderful. I don't see it being likely whatsoever though, so in that case it would be a waste of resources in that venture, to attempt it at this time.

You think you'll make him cry when you run against him. There is always that. You might make him cry. That'd feel good.

When he still wins, and you've put limited money down the hole for basically nothing, instead of toward campaigns where there could of been gains made, beyond simple minded pud pulling, that as a result of which would in time lead to a political situation where successful campaigns against major candidates akin to McConnell were made possible...

well, that won't happen so do enjoy beating that meat I guess.
    he might not be beat this time, maybe not the next. but you're looking at this as an all or nothing deal. sure, he's strong there. but run a couple of pretty good campaigns against him, and his 'rock-solid support' will begin to waver when they realize he's just as bad as most dems are. it's an investment, and if nothing else, it shows establishment folks that people are willing to primary them if they make $#@!ty votes. that may keep them from continuing to make those $#@!ty votes.

Hope there are some good candidates to challenge.

We might not beat McConnell, but he could turn into Orrin Hatch and suddenly have a 100% JBS voting record.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12