Thread: Old Video: Ron Paul in 1989 on His 1988 Presidential Run

Old Video: Ron Paul in 1989 on His 1988 Presidential Run

thanks to dp via someone's ad laden twitter account. (I didn't incorporate that)

It's a great video, though.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 05-24-2012 at 01:20 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is this the MacNeil/Lehrer segment Ron was referring to?

RVO˩UTION

probably so, I should think...
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by notsure View Post

@ 3:15 Ron Paul explodes with some amazing liberty-fu. So boss.

I'm only 5 minutes into it and I'm loving every second of it. It's a real testament as to how far this movement has come. This is sit-down required viewing for every Ron Pauler outthere. For an early chuckle, check @ 01:50.
    "There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

And that I think, was the handle. That sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave." ~ HST

When I see the old stuff it makes me love him even more...
    It's just an opinion... man...

Thanks for this, had not seen it. Great video.
    For Liberty!

Another really old one for those of you that have not seen it:

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump because Ron discusses how he might come around to thinking taking matching funds is ok if you are not running for one of the major parties in answer to one of the questions. Besides, it is just a good video.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post

thanks to dp via someone's ad laden twitter account. (I didn't incorporate that)

It's a great video, though.
    Thanks for posting, sailing. What a great 49 minutes of pure vintage (libertarian) Ron Paul!

He said he'd never campaign again. I guess that why he doesn't speak in absolutes anymore. lol
    Rand Paul 2016

I like how he said at the beginning of the cycle, he'd have like 15-20 people show up, and by the end before the election, he'd have 150!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdClmbCIqmo
    Ron Paul: "The debt is two trillion, and it can't be paid."

Another 14 trillion later, how right he was.

I'm going to miss Ron Paul, it dawned on me that he out of politics for good... and I got into him so late into his career
    Love you Ron!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremiahj13 View Post
    I'm going to miss Ron Paul, it dawned on me that he out of politics for good... and I got into him so late into his career
    Love you Ron!!!!
    I can't imagine he'll be completely out.

BookmarkBump
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This man is a hero to me and a huge inspiration.

Lots of insight on how RP feels about the Libertarian Party.

Things have become even worse than they were in 1988, privacy-wise and police-state-wise, imo.

This is one of my favorite old videos of Ron.

I wish Ron was young again so he could run again in 4 years.