Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RNC Chief Reince Priebus Fends off Paulite Rebellion

RNC Chief Reince Priebus Fends off Paulite Rebellion

"Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He [Jeff Larson] worries that the establishment sees the Paul forces as obsessed with legalizing drugs and abortion. He thinks they can work together on fiscal issues.
    Abortion???? Did abortion become illegal?
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

since when to the terms 'Paul' and 'abortion' go together?
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

And so begin the compromises. Is no one principled?
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    we need to pay attention to the three who did NOT sell their votes out. We need to keep track of who IS principled, under pressure.

Ok, if you can't beat them, then get whatever you can out of them which is what happened.

I am wiling to bet (I have no insider info) that AJ Spiker is now less concerned about losing control of the Iowa GOP because Prebius is more favorable to him. Same for the NVGOP. This will be important come 2016 when Rand runs for President.

Again, long term strategy> short term victories. Win the war, don't kill ourselves for every battle, especially when the battle is a guaranteed loss.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

So sell out for what you can get for yourself instead of doing what people put you there for?

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Ok, if you can't beat them, then get whatever you can out of them which is what happened.

I am wiling to bet (I have no insider info) that AJ Spiker is now less concerned about losing control of the Iowa GOP because Prebius is more favorable to him. Same for the NVGOP. This will be important come 2016 when Rand runs for President.

Again, long term strategy> short term victories. Win the war, don't kill ourselves for every battle, especially when the battle is a guaranteed loss.
    Oh GMAFB. Also, you act like these evil neo-Trots just fell off the turnip truck.

With these bastards in CONtrol, Rand won't get anywhere near the nomination.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

battered wife syndrome

that Icelandic passport is l00king better every day...

Impossible to know what went on behind the scenes at this point.

Come on Matt. Stop defending selling out like its a win.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

The whole freaking RP movement is a COMPROMISE! Do you think I like hanging out with proabortion people any more than I like to hang out with neocons?
    Last edited by klamath; 01-24-2013 at 08:19 PM.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    The whole freaking RP movement is a COMPROMISE! Do you think I like hanging out with proabortion people any more than I like to hang out with neocons?
    If you lie with dogs....
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

this system and people in it are so $#@!ing thin in principle. ron was indeed the only one. ill stand by ron until im dead. $#@! being a sell out.

/\/\/\ I'll just stand over there with her....
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you lie with dogs....
    Yeaw i wonder why I even hang out here anymore. Just a habit I guess.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Yeaw i wonder why I even hang out here anymore. Just a habit I guess.
    Mine's an addiction. I figure this good addiction balances out any bad addictions.....that I may or may not have or had in the past....or something.
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

Do people here really freak out about abortion that much? Or trying to win a hopeless battle? I thought we were over quixotic challenges at this point and moving on to changing the framework of the GOP? Anyways, I agree with Matt Collins. And I continue to work in my local GOP party providing common sense, constitution-minded and civil liberty protecting ideas whenever possible.
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    So sell out for what you can get for yourself instead of doing what people put you there for?
    Come on Matt. Stop defending selling out like its a win.

It's not "caving" or "selling out" if you use your leverage to get something you need from them that they wouldn't have given otherwise (especially since you were guaranteed to lose if you fought).
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    With these bastards in CONtrol, Rand won't get anywhere near the nomination.
    They don't have as much control as you think they do, and their level of control is slipping less and less by every day. Given the way Rand is being promoted by them, come 2015 he may be bigger than they are.

It's not "caving" or "selling out" if you use your leverage to get something you need from them that they wouldn't have given otherwise (especially since you were guaranteed to lose if you fought).
    Well, we'll know what to expect of you if anyone elects you to anything.

Well, we'll know what to expect of you if anyone elects you to anything.
    No, not at all. But of course I don't plan to hold elected office.

But remember, Ron Paul has voted for some pretty awful speakers in his day too.

No, not at all. But of course I don't plan to hold elected office.

But remember, Ron Paul has voted for some pretty awful speakers in his day too.
    that's irrelevant since A, this was not a speaker, and B, when he voted for the only choice, there was no liberty option. Show where he voted for a speaker AGAINST a liberty option. Ever.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    that's irrelevant since A, this was not a speaker, and B, when he voted for the only choice, there was no liberty option. Show where he voted for a speaker AGAINST a liberty option. Ever.
    Ron has supported establishment candidates in the past, even though liberty candidates were running, and I'm not referring to Speaker.

Ron has supported establishment candidates in the past, even though liberty candidates were running, and I'm not referring to Speaker.
    Why attack Ron? They weren't his candidates. These are his supporters and the others were elected specifically as Ron Paul supporters. Th worst is the guy in Nevada who DID give his support then pulled it, giving the impression of cratering support, when they were trying to build on it for the third state.

Ron had his rules and set them out and no one else around can equal him, so until you find a competitor at his level, it seems pretty ridiculous to bring him into this.

And I'm sure whatever they were promised will materialize because Preibus is so principled and would never go back on his word or say... Change rules without a majority... Or be complicit in getting delegates "lost" or helping misappropriate funds or....
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

Why attack Ron? They weren't his candidates. These are his supporters and the others were elected specifically as Ron Paul supporters. Th worst is the guy in Nevada who DID give his support then pulled it, giving the impression of cratering support, when they were trying to build on it for the third state.

Ron had his rules and set them out and no one else around can equal him, so until you find a competitor at his level, it seems pretty ridiculous to bring him into this.
    The point is that Ron, even as "pure" as he is, has had to hold his nose and go along with supporting people he didn't want to over the years. He even admits this in a video that was floating around a couple of years ago. So let's not hold our own people up to a mythical standard that doesn't exist unless we're talking about Congressional voting records.

No, Matt, the point is Ron never sold out. He had specific rules and he would explain them. He never went to vote on behalf of people for one thing then sold his vote. Ever.

He didn't 'admit' his support for those he didn't like, he specifically explained why he was doing it, then never campaigned for them and it was pretty clear who fell in that category because he defined it.

But he never ever sold his vote.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-24-2013 at 11:24 PM.

And I'm sure whatever they were promised will materialize because Preibus is so principled and would never go back on his word or say... Change rules without a majority... Or be complicit in getting delegates "lost" or helping misappropriate funds or....
    Preibus had nothing to do with any of those shenanigans, unless you have proof otherwise?

That being said, the quickest way to create mortal enemies and lose one's high ground is to openly backstab people. Romney did it at the Convention and lost the election because of it. Professional political operatives typically don't make backroom deals and then not follow up, really bad things tend to happen as a result.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast