- RonPaulForums.com is an independent grassroots outfit not officially connected to Ron Paul but dedicated to his mission. For more information see our Mission Statement.
I was going to post something similar before the forum went down. Basically Rand gets a chance to appeal to their audience. Would it be great to ignore the Levin's and Hannity's? Yes, but unfortunately they have a large audience to appeal to. That is why Ron and Rand put up with them.
* Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.
* No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.
* Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.
* End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.
Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]
Moving the ball down the field means working with even unpleasant people you dislike if you agree on something, as you'd know if you ever listened to any of Ron's speeches on the importance of building coalitions.
Last edited by Inkblots; 01-24-2013 at 01:26 AM.
“Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern
Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.
If you're going to walk into a lion's den you're going to have to tame a few lions. You may want to hit one over the head with a stick. Maybe one bit your fathers arm off. Truth is you're probably going to lose more then an arm if you do it.
Now you may think "Respect" if Rand goes in swinging but he knows he can't do it alone and we're not bringing enough people to the table. Like it or not, he's got to make friends to be effective in any manner. If that's Rand selling out then point to the voting record and let him know when he votes a way you do not like.
Libertarians - trying to improve the world through ideas and free markets rather than legislation and prisons.
Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!
Short Income Tax Video
The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes
The Federalist Papers, No. 15:
Except as to the rule of apportionment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.
Listening to the Podcast on Marklevinshow.com
He says he has disagreements with Rand Paul on national security matters.
He says he's a Reagan conservative, not a democracy promoting neocon.
Cocoa and Dystopian should be banned from posting in this forum. We've been putting up with their Rand bashing for months now. The queen moderator just sits on her hands and allows it, which is disgusting. Go back to that cease-pool that has become the Daily Kucinich. That's where Rand haters are welcome apparently. Dystopian has been doing it ad nauseam since he joined the forum.
Last edited by Bastiat's The Law; 01-24-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Levin: "Let me say this, you're (Rand) a fascinating man to me and I want to have you back on more often. I think you make some very compelling arguments and you did a terrific job today, so I salute you."
It's entirely possible that by having him back on he can identify more disagreements they have on foreign policy and thus try to give him the Ron status to his listeners.
On a side note, Megyn Kelly is currently talking about Rand on Fox.