Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Panetta opens combat roles to women

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think that women should be allowed to serve in combat roles as long as they meet the physical requirements.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Form entire companies made up of females. Call sign Valkyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    I think that women should be allowed to serve in combat roles as long as they meet the physical requirements.
    Which will lead to discrimination charges and the standards will be lower, as has already been the case in many fields.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Which will lead to discrimination charges and the standards will be lower, as has already been the case in many fields.
    Yeah, I certainly hope that doesn't happen. It wouldn't be good to have some type of quota system where the military is forced to add a certain number of women to combat operations.

Think PTSD is bad now, let a few come home where the girl next to them gets her head blown off and how is they to cope? Perhaps there are some that it won't seem to bother, but I just can't imagine it. Maybe you just get numb at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Think PTSD is bad now, let a few come home where the girl next to them gets her head blown off and how is they to cope? Perhaps there are some that it won't seem to bother, but I just can't imagine it. Maybe you just get numb at some point.
    AF's post brought this up:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post4833732
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

This really isn't that big of a departure from the way things are now, because there are certain times now when women are involved in combat roles.

Although I would rather have the selective service registration eliminated, since it's not it may as well be applied equally. You've come a long baby! In fact I always thought it was sexist that my student loans could/would be denied if I didn't register while a female could take out the same loan without registering. What a wonderful double standard.

Equal rights and all.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    From the article.

Once the combat exclusion policy is lifted, “My belief is that if we open up combat arms to women, even on a voluntary basis, if there is a draft, we should be able to force women into those positions,” says retired Col. Peter Mansoor, a professor of military history at the Ohio State University in Columbus and a former US Army brigade commander who served two tours in Iraq.
    You hear that, if they want there women for more war they will just force you to serve. So who is going to stay home and actually take care of the kids if mommy and daddy are deployed?
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickZ06 View Post
    So who is going to stay home and actually take care of the kids if mommy and daddy are deployed?
    Government of course.....

The stage has been set for years............Don't worry though they'll ease into it and the "Newz" will explain how it's all for the best and how the kids will benefit..

I bdt they will show off those caskets.......
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

sorry little timmy and little nancy. your mom got blown up and your dad got shot by terrorists with weapons they procured from us 40 years ago! don't worry, we'll give you some SSRI's and anti-depressants to help with deal with your loss! you want to work for the DHS?

will be devastating for some kids to have both parents gone away or killed.

The feminists pushing this are forgetting basic biology. The main reason women are excluded from infantry is simply hygiene. Have you ever gone 90 days without a bath? The best you get is a "bird bath" with a baby wipe. Female biology simply doesn't allow for this. It's not sexist, it's plain common sense. Forget about humping 90lbs of battle rattle over 18 miles a day, our bodies are different, hence certain jobs have to be gender specific.

But by all means....let them go get the crotch rot because they want to show they're equal.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOfLiberty View Post
    Has anybody checked the fitness tests for our military? Personally they seem kind of lame. You should be in prime physical shape in the military, with strength and endurance.

Anyways, they have it weighted based on age, but also a different set for females. However, the battlefield doesn't make such adjustments. I wonder if the combat fitness level for women will be raised?
    Have you seen the modern battlefield?

It goes like this

A fatass is more than capable of killing many people.. \ I know this topic is specifically about ground combat, but this was just what came to mind when I read your post..
    Last edited by asurfaholic; 01-24-2013 at 05:19 AM.
    No - No - No - No

First Female F-14 Fighter Pilot Reacts to Pentagon Lifting Combat Ban

(Memphis) – Carey Lohrenz was one of the first female fighter pilots to fly F-14s in the U.S. Navy.

“So I was on the front and from that you have to be able to be fearless about things,” she said.
    Lohrenz said women have been fearless in the air and on the ground for years.
    “Like it or not, the reality of it is women have been on the ground and in combat they just haven’t been getting the on paper credit for it and haven’t been promoted,” she said.
    Lohrenz said 250,000 women have served in Iraq and Afghanistan. More than 800 women were wounded and at least 130 have died.
    But many of those servicewomen were serving under a temporary billet, which means while they were fighting on the ground they didn’t get the credit on paper.
    “So you have women that are out there doing the job serving professionally, but when it comes time to be promoted into those leadership positions they’re out of the running for it because they don’t have the technical designation.”
    Back in November, four servicewomen along with the American Civil Liberties Union sued the Pentagon over the combat exclusion policy.
    Now that policy will be lifted opening front-line positions to women.
    “I think its fantastic and I think it’s a long time coming,” she said. “We’ve set aside this whole pool of very capable candidates, but because they showed up as women we weren’t able to promote them to the leadership positions where we need them to be leading.”
    Most of the 200,000 jobs that will open to woman are primarily in the army and marines. The military will have until May to draw up a plan for opening all units to women and until the end of 2015 to actually implement it.
    From this perspective it kind of does suck to work hard at a career and be denied advancement because of artificial barriers even though you're already doing the required tasks.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Equal Opportunity Empire.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

The way I see it, if you call yourself a man, and you know they're sending women into combat, then your choices are either to sign up and go yourself, or demand that they bring the troops home.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, all I can say is this: any woman so profoundly stupid as to want to go into combat should be allowed to. If captured and raped, while regrettable, she should have known the risks when she chose. I am afraid that I will have no spare pity in such cases, much as it might otherwise pain me to learn of such things. I would add that such women, if captured by fundamentalist Muslims will earn special contempt, death being the reward awaiting them after having been raped.

Is it not interesting how the envelope of war is being ever broadened, rather than narrowed? Interesting how the UN mandates for everything BUT this is made a big noise.

This is one of the last frontiers of warfare to be breached. Perhaps the inclusion of infants may remain... perhaps.

One by one the taboos fall. In principle I have no problem with that, but not all taboos are wrong. Mark my words that the day may well come when the age of consent will be lowered and before you know it, NAMBLA will have standing in this nation. This is the direction in which things are heading, so why not go all the way?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

How about that 'War On Women'?

Quote Originally Posted by QuickZ06 View Post
    From the article.

You hear that, if they want there women for more war they will just force you to serve. So who is going to stay home and actually take care of the kids if mommy and daddy are deployed?
    I completely agree with him on that point. If you are going to be "equal", then let you be consistently so.

How about we cut the $#@! with the casual warring? How about we kick women out of the military completely? Is it not bad enough we have men volunteering for this idiocy? None of this is national defense in any direct sense. Perhaps we should have had a more circumspect approach to national development so that we would not have had to defend the founts of natural resources. Had we treated the Arabs with civility, equity, and honesty I daresay we would be in a far better state of relations. Our unholy alliance with Great Britain has been a key factor in our plunge as a nation. We should have let Germany destroy England in 1916. The world would be a very different place. Woulda, coulda, shoulda...

The truth facing us here is that the elites are in a do or die situation. Their strategy was an all-or-nothing deal, it appears. Sowing strife and chaos and destruction worldwide in order to break the spirit of men so that they submit to the saving hand of Uncle is very risky, the payoff being huge and the consequences of failure equally so. They are going for broke and I suspect it would not take the largest defeat to make the house fall. The question is where does one find the keystone?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

If it degrades the capabilities of the US empire, good. My sympathies are with the aggressed upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague-of-Locutus View Post
    First Female F-14 Fighter Pilot Reacts to Pentagon Lifting Combat Ban

From this perspective it kind of does suck to work hard at a career and be denied advancement because of artificial barriers even though you're already doing the required tasks.
    Bad example, one of her fellow female F-14 "pilots" killed her backseater on their first cruise.

"Carey Dunai Lohrenz, who was one of the first two women trained to fly the F-14 Tomcat. In October 1994 her colleague, Lt. Kara Hultgreen, crashed and died while attempting to land on the carrier U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln. Lohrenz was removed from carrier aviation in May 1995, due to flawed flying techniques that her superiors described as "unsafe, undisciplined, and unpredictable." ...1995 CMR Special Report: Double Standards in Naval Aviation Training. The 20-page report, backed by 104 pages of training records and related documents, exposed a pattern of low scores and major errors in the F-14 training of both women that may have contributed to the tragic death of Kara Hultgreen."
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Just another indication of a sick and dying society.

Call me whatever names you want, a society that puts young girls out on the front line to get ground into hamburger, to advance the cause of the banskters and the NWO, is sick.
    I'm right there with you. Putting young boys out on the front line to get ground into hamburger is much more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Wait until one is captured and it is made public. And I'm not talking about edited, PG-13 news reports.
    I just happen to know because I served with one of the doctors who treated her on her "return" to US forces. If I say any more, it will become obvious who she is.

For AF, the point of her article is the combat load, even for non infantry types routinely exceeds 50 pounds, and women are getting lower back injuries, and lower leg skeletal problems from the weight being carried. It shows up faster in the women, but long term years on, it eventually shows up in the guys as well. 20 years in combat arms units takes a physical toll.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Have you seen the modern battlefield?

It goes like this

A fatass is more than capable of killing many people.. \ I know this topic is specifically about ground combat, but this was just what came to mind when I read your post..
    Until it meets this:

You can sit n your fat ass and play video war when the opponent is thousands of miles away. When the opponent can visit you personally, the dynamics change.
    Last edited by Pericles; 01-24-2013 at 11:04 AM.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    I'm right there with you. Putting young boys out on the front line to get ground into hamburger is much more appropriate.
    They see us a livestock. Nothing more. Trained obedience when we are young, placed in pens designed to separate and control, branded as their property (almost), our survival means nothing until it cuts into the profit margin, selectively bred for "superior" genetics, injected with an assortment of chemicals for various purposes, and herded around homogeneously as though all of humanity were one unit. Until of course it comes time for slaughter. They deposit the money from the slaughter/war in their own bank, perhaps sign a treaty or two over cigars and brandy, and use your money to start the whole process all over again with your children. The most disgusting part is the hypocrisy as usual. These are the same people that hide behind Institutes and Foundations promoting humanitarian, diversity, and children's charities. They shouldn't have to pay taxes for all their selfless work they do for the entire world! So why would they care about gender? "Just don't kill too many of the females since we have a target head count we like to keep maintained...." SICK SICK SICK
    Last edited by paulbot24; 01-24-2013 at 11:30 AM.
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

Quote Originally Posted by paulbot24 View Post
    They see us a livestock. Nothing more. Trained obedience when we are young, placed in pens designed to separate and control, branded as their property (almost), our survival means nothing until it cuts into the profit margin, selectively bred for "superior" genetics, injected with an assortment of chemicals for various purposes, and herded around homogeneously as though all of humanity were one unit. Until of course it comes time for slaughter. They deposit the money from the slaughter/war in their own bank, perhaps sign a treaty or two over cigars and brandy, and use your money to start the whole process all over again with your children. The most disgusting part is the hypocrisy as usual. These are the same people that hide behind Institutes and Foundations promoting humanitarian, diversity, and children's charities. They shouldn't have to pay taxes for all their selfless work they do for the entire world! So why would they care about gender? "Just don't kill too many of the females since we have a target head count we like to keep maintained...." SICK SICK SICK
    Well, gender bias is inherent in all aspects of society. Gender certainly does matter when raising children. Women tend to be more emotional than men. Men tend to be more aggressive than women. These tendencies are bred into us by gender biased child rearing.

I just don't understand the idea that it is more horrific for women to be on the front lines of war than men. Both are equally disgusting because both men and women are humans beings who deserve dignity and respect.

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    These tendencies are bred into us by gender biased child rearing.
    Do you really believe that?

The evidence is clear.

Until girls are boys are raised equally, we'll never know if there are actual differences between males and females. Physical differences withstanding.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast