Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 56

Thread: Bentivolio votes YES on debt ceiling deal

  1. #1



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Site Staff - Moderator Brian4Liberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26,853
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default

    Seems that he is taking the "play nice with leadership" approach. Hmmm.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul


  4. #3
    Member fr33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere, TX
    Posts
    7,726

    Default

    This adds to what was already starting out to be a bad voting record.

  5. #4

    Default

    Strike 2.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

    "god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

  6. #5
    Mr. Republitarian FSP-Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    A^2
    Posts
    10,373
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Strike 2.
    I'll take it one step further, voting to increase spending officially takes him out of liberty candidate status. He also voted for the recent Sandy recovery improvement act and has clearly staked out his position as a phony especially since he campaigned on not voting to increase the debt ceiling. He either has some monumental making up to do or his ass is grass next time and the grassroots are gonna mow it. The only reason I don't unlike his FB page is that I'm calling him out every chance I get. >http://www.facebook.com/repkerryb

  7. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    I'll take it one step further, voting to increase spending officially takes him out of liberty candidate status. He also voted for the recent Sandy recovery improvement act and has clearly staked out his position as a phony especially since he campaigned on not voting to increase the debt ceiling.
    The Sandy Recovery Improvement Act wasn't the Sandy aid bill. The bill Kerry voted for passed unanimously (Amash, Massie, etc. all voted for it). Kerry voted against all the Sandy aid bills.

    This debt ceiling vote though is unacceptable and he should hear it from us. What's interesting is that Raul Labrador, who Amash voted for Speaker, also voted for it.

  8. #7
    Moderator jdmyprez_deo_vindice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    Posts
    5,428
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I have pretty much assumed at this point that the liberty movement got taken for a ride here. It will not be the last time either so lets just make sure we can admit when we were wrong and throw our weight behind removing our mistakes as fast as possible.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870


  9. #8
    From the Internet EBounding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    2,129

    Default

    I think the lesson here is to be cautious of people who have no prior voting record.

    I wonder if he thinks this is keeping him safe? It's not. The establishment is still going to primary him. Except now he won't have any grassroots support.
    Last edited by EBounding; 01-23-2013 at 12:57 PM.

  10. #9

  11. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I think the lesson here is to be cautious of people who have no prior voting record.

    I wonder if he thinks this is keeping him safe? It's not. The establishment is still going to primary him. Except now he won't have any grassroots support.
    but on the other hand, the people with voting records suck, as a rule. I do think we have to grow our own. Kerry was in the right place at the right time, he wasn't initially stringently vetted in any sense, but lets see what else he does, he may be 'very good' on some points but not all, which seems to be where many of them are, unfortunately. But unless T Massie steps up (and he may) I'm not looking for a Ron Paul strength of character from those currently in office, I think we NEED to look outside, as well as promote good deeds with those inside.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-23-2013 at 01:03 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

    "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

  12. #11

    Default

    Yeah, Jim Jordan, Labrador, Mulvaney (all good guys) voted for it..33 Republicans voted against the deal.

  13. #12
    Mr. Republitarian FSP-Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    A^2
    Posts
    10,373
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    The Sandy Recovery Improvement Act wasn't the Sandy aid bill. The bill Kerry voted for passed unanimously (Amash, Massie, etc. all voted for it). Kerry voted against all the Sandy aid bills.
    After looking into it, I guess it merely attempts to streamline FEMA's managerial role.

  14. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    Yeah, Jim Jordan, Labrador, Mulvaney (all good guys) voted for it..33 Republicans voted against the deal.
    none of those would I consider 'ours' however. Liberty for all supported Kerry specifically as a Ron Paul supporter, I believe.

    He may have a filtering system we will be relatively ok with once we know it. I want consistency, principles and character, and I don't know Kerry yet.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

    "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

  15. #14

    Default

    I think people should flood his Twitter Facebook with comments. Those within his district should email, call, etc.

    Remember when Amash voted for the Israel aid bill, he got called out and Amash has since changed his view.

  16. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    Yeah, Jim Jordan, Labrador, Mulvaney (all good guys) voted for it..33 Republicans voted against the deal.
    A couple of RINOs among them too, though.

    Herrera Beutler is far from conservative.

  17. #16
    From the Internet EBounding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    2,129

    Default

    If this was something other than the debt ceiling, it would be disappointing, but might cut him some slack. But voting to increase the debt is just unacceptable to me.

    Personally, the whole debt ceiling crisis from 2011 is what turned me on to Ron Paul because he was the only one who took it seriously. Bentivolio's main campaign message was to reduce the debt and one of the first few votes he makes is to increase it. He's not even acting like a "Tea Party" candidate much less a "liberty" candidate. /vent

    I suppose he could change his ways after grassroots blowback, but I get the feeling the establishment is singing all these great things in his ear.

  18. #17

    Default

    This was definitely an awkard vote, RINOs voting no, good guys voting yes. And to the above comment, Amash voted Labrador for Speaker and Mulvaney has been an ally of ours endorsed by Tom Davis many times. This was more of a strategic vote than a policy vote. I wish they would have voted no, but let's see how committed they are to cutting spending when that fight inevitably comes.

  19. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    If this was something other than the debt ceiling, it would be disappointing, but might cut him some slack. But voting to increase the debt is just unacceptable to me.

    Personally, the whole debt ceiling crisis from 2011 is what turned me on to Ron Paul because he was the only one who took it seriously. Bentivolio's main campaign message was to reduce the debt and one of the first few votes he makes is to increase it. He's not even acting like a "Tea Party" candidate much less a "liberty" candidate. /vent

    I suppose he could change his ways after grassroots blowback, but I get the feeling the establishment is singing all these great things in his ear.
    I'm concerned that might be the case as well, and am used to Ron just standing firm. He might still be better than most when there is a chance, however. I just don't have anything to do about him for years yet, so I am going to figure him out over time. I am disappointed, though.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

    "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

  20. #19

  21. #20

    Default

    The guy is a moron. Remove forum and let this strange reindeer farmer lose his seat in two years and forget about him.
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and I stand with Rand.

  22. #21

    Default

    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and I stand with Rand.

  23. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    This was definitely an awkard vote, RINOs voting no, good guys voting yes. And to the above comment, Amash voted Labrador for Speaker and Mulvaney has been an ally of ours endorsed by Tom Davis many times. This was more of a strategic vote than a policy vote. I wish they would have voted no, but let's see how committed they are to cutting spending when that fight inevitably comes.
    I didn't mean to say Jordan/Labrador/Mulvaney/Price/Schweikert/Gosar/whoever else were RINOs, they are usually doing a great job. Just saying that a couple of the people who voted NO on this legislation don't have very good records.

  24. #23

    Default

    Good guys voted yes because they think they have an assurance from Boehner on a 10 year balanced budget and the sequester to go into effect.

    I think this is a strategic vote.

    We all know Boehner's assurances are worth sh*t and he will sell them out and pass something with 60 Republicans suppoting it and the Democrats. Already they did with Sandy and Fiscal cliff bill so why not again.

  25. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    well, you and brandon are reminding me how many times we've had to find excuses for him in a short time.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

    "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

  26. #25

    Default

    Every congresssman needs to forge his own path, i'm not really disappointed in this because many of them voted for it on the belief they will get something in return and further down the line, that's politics for you.

    Don't expect complete purity from someone who just won his race by 5 points and is considered vulnerable

  27. #26
    From the Internet EBounding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    2,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    Every congresssman needs to forge his own path, i'm not really disappointed in this because many of them voted for it on the belief they will get something in return and further down the line, that's politics for you.

    Don't expect complete purity from someone who just won his race by 5 points and is considered vulnerable
    I have a hard time believing anyone on this forum would have supported Kerry in July 2012 if they knew he would vote to raise the debt ceiling in 2013. I don't think he would have gotten any tea party support either. They could have just got behind Cassis.

    If he voted badly on something he didn't really campaign on or specifically promise, that's one thing (like the Boehner vote). But he made a promise and broke it in less than a month!

  28. #27
    Moderator Kotin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    10,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Can we remove his subforum now?

    Josh brought that up when I talked to him last week.. it may happen..



    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

    - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

  29. #28

    Default

    Just wait and see how he does on other votes, this wasn't that big of a vote.

    I don't expect complete purity from Kerry because he's in a tough spot if he wants to survive what is sure going to be a primary campaign against him and if they remove Kerry they will come after Amash next, you can bet on that.

  30. #29
    From the Internet EBounding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    2,129

    Default

    "My primary focus is going to be on cutting the debt and having the best constituent service program," Bentivolio said. "I think we've been kind of short on that for a while. My job is protect our rights — not take them away."

    From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2Ipxu6VqB
    January 6, 2013 at 5:40 pm

  31. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    "My primary focus is going to be on cutting the debt and having the best constituent service program," Bentivolio said. "I think we've been kind of short on that for a while. My job is protect our rights — not take them away."

    From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2Ipxu6VqB
    January 6, 2013 at 5:40 pm
    They're all saying that but voted for it because they're hoping to get something further down the line.

    There is much bigger battles to come.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast




« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •