Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Video] Rand Paul Grills Sec. of State Clinton on Benghazi: I Would Have Relieved You

Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    Here's a good tweet from the establishment media:

Terry Moran ‏@TerryMoran
    Curious: What is Rand Paul's foreign policy background? Did he serve in the military? Did he study, live, do business or charity overseas?
    Replied:

@TerryMoran What is Hilary Clinton's foreign policy experience? Did she serve in the military? Did she study, live, do business overseas?

This one is good:

@TerryMoran You were an English major. What are you doing writing about foreign policy? Sauce, goose, gander.
    https://twitter.com/joelpollak/statu...24384833118208
    Last edited by Confederate; 01-23-2013 at 12:07 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And what's Clinton's background or any of these bozo's like Bill Kristol who are the architects of American foreign policy for so long?

What a dumb thing to say.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The 2nd comment is great. There is that pesky NY times article again.

http://thinkprogress.org/security/20...-theory-libya/
    Last edited by AuH20; 01-23-2013 at 12:34 PM.

If I was a Senator. I would bring up the most obvious point. That central planning and control does not work for anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

honestly I don't think it was necessary or very respectful of Rand to say he would have fired Clinton, doesn't make him look very good to the average American. Once more Rand is pandering to the arrogant idiot wing of the GOP

Way too many government incompetent bureaucrats get promoted instead of fired.

Nurse Ratched believes in transparency, does not know anything about arms transfers in the ME. She's transparent alright - I can see right through this CFR traitor.

She's so transparent, she might as well not even have been SOS, because she's not all there...lies, lies, lies. Smug, condesending, vile creature,she is.

Good going, Rand. You're alright.
    “The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms, or other type of arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection of taxes and dues and tends to permit uprising, therefore, the heads of the provinces, official agents, and deputies are ordered to collect all weapons mentioned above and turn them over to the government.”

Toyotomi Hideyshi, Shogun, August 29, 1558

Wow, the douchebags on The Five are going out of their way to avoid even saying Rand's name while discussing the hearing today.

Kimberly Guilfoyle brought it up, and then Bob Beckel said "Rand will never be President" and they all kind of murmured "yeah", and they never said anything else about it. Subject dropped.

Anyone who thinks that they are not going to treat Rand exactly like they treated Ron are seriously deluded.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Wow, the douchebags on The Five are going out of their way to avoid even saying Rand's name while discussing the hearing today.

Kimberly Guilfoyle brought it up, and then Bob Beckel said "Rand will never be President" and they all kind of murmured "yeah", and they never said anything else about it. Subject dropped.

Anyone who thinks that they are not going to treat Rand exactly like they treated Ron are seriously deluded.
    They mumbled yeah whenever they try and get Beckel to shut up. I actually like The Five and they tend to like Rand more than you think. Pretty sure Bolling likes Rand, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul25 View Post
    honestly I don't think it was necessary or very respectful of Rand to say he would have fired Clinton, doesn't make him look very good to the average American. Once more Rand is pandering to the arrogant idiot wing of the GOP
    I kind of agree that this will help him with the Republican base but hurt him with the average voter. It doesn't really seem like a good move to me if he wants the average voter to have a favorable opinion of him. But I hope I'm wrong about that.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Average voters don't watch C-span and wouldn't even know what a Congressional Hearing is.

Rand gave his opinion. I liked it and agree, REGARDLESS of political party persuasion.

I don't even know why they even put a "D" or "R" next to their titles. The partisanship is disgusting.

I like this Rep's line of questioning: 39th minute Part 2

http://www.c-span.org/Events/House-H...10737437474-1/
    Last edited by FrancisMarion; 01-23-2013 at 05:59 PM.

They mumbled yeah whenever they try and get Beckel to shut up. I actually like The Five and they tend to like Rand more than you think. Pretty sure Bolling likes Rand, as well.
    Bolling HATES Ron with a passion, so if he didn't spend the entire time trashing Rand that's an improvement.

Bolling was talking before about how no GOP Senators really asked Hillary any tough questions. Kim then mentioned Ron Johnson, and then Bolling said it took too long to get to Johnson. Then Kim mentioned Rand. He intentionally left out Rand, there's no doubt about that.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

her hair is getting weirder and weirder

These five boobs can't be getting good ratings.

I want to see some more conservative disappointed in Rubio's softball questions.

Yeah.. it seems these hearings does not really change anything. Many americans wont see these hearings or hear about them. =|

Makes me wonder if Rand is on to something with his gun running idea. Maybe it's another Fast and Furious type thing

http://thinkprogress.org/security/20...y-theory-libya

CLINTON: To Turkey? I will have to take that question for the record. Nobody has ever raised that with me.
    PAUL: It’s been in news reports that ships have been leaving from Libya and that they may have weapons and what I’d like to know is the annex that was close by, were they involved with procuring, buying, selling, obtaining weapons and were any of these weapons being transferred to other countries, any countries, Turkey included?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://news.yahoo.com/hillary-clinto...185100132.html

There were a number of tense, even fiery moments in Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on what went wrong in Benghazi. But like many, we were struck in particular by a different display of emotion: In her opening remarks, Secretary Clinton notably teared up while discussing the murders of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.

"For me, this is not just a matter of policy," she said. "It’s personal. I stood next to President Obama as the Marines carried those flag-draped caskets off the plane at Andrews. I put my arms around the mothers and fathers, the sisters and brothers, the sons and daughters, and the wives left alone to raise their children."

Her voice cracked with emotion. For a brief moment it seemed she might actually break down, though she pulled it together and continued on.

(cont.)
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    Makes me wonder if Rand is on to something with his gun running idea. Maybe it's another Fast and Furious type thing
    October 25, 2012

Was Syrian weapons shipment factor in ambassador’s Benghazi visit?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz2ItsZVfrm

A mysterious Libyan ship -- reportedly carrying weapons and bound for Syrian rebels -- may have some link to the Sept. 11 terror attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Fox News has learned.

Through shipping records, Fox News has confirmed that the Libyan-flagged vessel Al Entisar, which means "The Victory," was received in the Turkish port of Iskenderun -- 35 miles from the Syrian border -- on Sept. 6, just five days before Ambassador Chris Stevens, information management officer Sean Smith and former Navy Seals Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were killed during an extended assault by more than 100 Islamist militants.

...A congressional source also cautioned against drawing premature conclusions about the consulate attack and the movement of weapons from Libya to Syria via Turkey -- noting they may in fact be two separate and distinct events. But the source acknowledged the timing and the meeting between the Turkish diplomat and Stevens was "unusual."...

..."This is the Libyan ship ... which is basically carrying weapons that are found in Libya," said Walid Phares, a Fox News Middle East and terrorism analyst. "So the ship came all the way up to Iskenderun in Turkey. Now from the information that is available, there was aid material, but there were also weapons, a lot of weapons."...

Read more at source: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...enghazi-visit/

A lot more here as well: http://www.businessinsider.com/us-sy...adists-2012-10
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

The gun-running theory might have some legs to it. IIRC, it was a CIA safe house that Ambassador Stevens was at the day he and the other Americans were killed; not an American embassy. Why would he be at a CIA safe house if he wasn't doing something for the CIA? The CIA has been known to overthrow governments in other nations, so why wouldn't they be giving guns to the Syrian rebels to overthrow Assad's regime?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12