Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do we keep this place up?

Default How do we keep this place up?

Josh, do you need donations? Please let us know what we can do to ensure that RPF is up and stable..

God forbid it goes down during an election or other urgent action

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yea, things would have been normal this last week but we had some outside interference and evidently hard drive problems.

Sorry about the downtime. I have brought a 3rd party on to do monitoring (not the NSA) for the next six months. That contract will renew if all goes well.

Don't need money at this time. Thanks.

Do you need $ because I would happy to donate to keep this place up and I'm sure others would as well

Josh has done a great job at keeping this place up. One hiccup in .... how many years now? 6 or 7? I am not in panic mode yet.
    .[QUOTE]"Every great new thought was opposed. Every great new invention was denounced. The first motor was considered foolish. The airplane was considered impossible. The power loom was considered vicious. Anesthesia was considered sinful. But the men of unborrowed vision went ahead. They fought, they suffered and they paid. But they won." - Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead[/QUOTE]

I blog at Red State Eclectic, and I tweet here,.

Glad its back. If the site goes down I feel as though I have been cut off from the world
    Terminus tela viaticus!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    I have brought a 3rd party on to do monitoring (not the NSA) for the next six months.
    Oh great, now Danke is actually going to make money reporting AF's posts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    Josh, do you need donations? Please let us know what we can do to ensure that RPF is up and stable..

God forbid it goes down during an election or other urgent action
    I hear Kit Dotcom offers great hosting at a very reasonable price.

Default OMG!!! - The forum is back up!!! - What happened???

Just asking...

-t
    Public education is not education ... it is schooling.
    Our military is not defense ... it is warmongering and empire building.
    Government police do not protect ... they control.
    Regulations do not regulate ... they protect the status quo.
    Government banks do not distribute money based on effort ... it is gifted to close friends ... and some of it trickles down.

The result is war, poverty, fear, chaos, and hopelessness for most people with abundance for a few elite.
    -Travlyr

Yea, the several times I checked yesterday it was down. Was it hacked/attacked again?

Quote Originally Posted by Carehn View Post
    Glad its back. If the site goes down I feel as though I have been cut off from the world
    Haha. Me too. The other day when I got the database error trying to come here my wife caught me just staring at the screen for a few minutes. She said I looked like a lost child. Pretty freaking hilarious.
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by paulbot24 View Post
    Haha. Me too. The other day when I got the database error trying to come here my wife caught me just staring at the screen for a few minutes. She said I looked like a lost child. Pretty freaking hilarious.
    I know, right? I had no excuse but to glaze those new windows (I hate glazing windows) I built for a historic house.

Inquiring minds want to know...

Well, it's definitely still unstable, at the least. Hopefully now that it's back up, page load speeds will be improved to the point that the recent plague of double posting will trail off a bit.
    Violence will not save us.

Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Thanks, Josh! Let us know if you need anything!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Josh said something about 'outside interference and a hard drive problem'.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    I know, right? I had no excuse but to glaze those new windows (I hate glazing windows) I built for a historic house.
    Ha! I felt a little lost too. I don't post much but I didn't get my morning fill of rpf news. I started daydreaming about conspiracy theories relating to the forums. Like the government took the site down in order to install software spy tracking devices on all of our computers. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Josh said something about 'outside interference and a hard drive problem'.
    Could you elaborate?

Those are very different things...

Usually...

-t
    Government banks do not distribute money based on effort ... it is gifted to close friends ... and some of it trickles down.

The result is war, poverty, fear, chaos, and hopelessness for most people with abundance for a few elite.
    -Travlyr

Big Sister found out about us (thanks to danke), and now they're taking this place out one piece at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    The government is incapable of doing what it's supposed to do. A job like the provision of security is something best left to private institutions.
    My music/art page is here"government is the enemy of liberty"-RP
    That which doesn't kill me has made a grave tactical error
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This whole board is a thoughtcrime in progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by danke View Post
    I carry my man purse for fashion, not function.

SPANK!

Whatcha got against Danke???

-t

-Travlyr

There is a minor message board we used cira 2007-2008 that is still available, or Josh could set one up. For down times, diff net, diff server. Maybe 2 threads - general and lets gt the main board back up, this is what we are seeing... This is the status.

I can see ppl donating for a backup and it's not that hard to re-direct a IP if you are the owner.

-t

-Travlyr

Or even twitter or DP w/ a hashtag... This isn't rocket science... just keeping ppl informed and if you need help..

-t

-Travlyr

Quote Originally Posted by paulbot24 View Post
    I actually got some work done. Not expecting that to be a habit ......
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Big Sister found out about us (thanks to danke), and now they're taking this place out one piece at a time.
    Every time the lights go out, 10 members disappear to Camp Fema.
    My 2016 prediction: Hillary Clinton will NOT run for president.

Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    There is a minor message board we used cira 2007-2008 that is still available, or Josh could set one up. For down times, diff net, diff server. Maybe 2 threads - general and lets gt the main board back up, this is what we are seeing... This is the status.

I can see ppl donating for a backup and it's not that hard to re-direct a IP if you are the owner.

-t
    What was the minor one? I remember going to one back in 2007, I think right before I came here.
    My 2016 prediction: Hillary Clinton will NOT run for president.

Rand Paul 2016

Contributing Member Henry Rogue's Avatar

I actually got in yesterday. Don't know why, but i couldn't navigate around worth a darn so I gave up trying. I don't know anything about computers or the internet, could it be a virus?
    "When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    I actually got in yesterday. Don't know why, but i couldn't navigate around worth a darn so I gave up trying. I don't know anything about computers or the internet, could it be a virus?
    No, we were working on it without turning it off. I don't believe you have anything to worry about at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulfollower999 View Post
    What was the minor one? I remember going to one back in 2007, I think right before I came here.
    I'd be interested too, if outsiders take this one down at a key organization point.

But I just waited for this one to come up.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    No, we were working on it without turning it off. I don't believe you have anything to worry about at this time.
    Kay.

Every time the lights go out, 10 members disappear to Camp Fema.
    ROLL CALL!!!! LOL!

It was mentioned in a recent post about this issue. Remembered it. Went over and very few folks from here remembered it or noticed the link.

I don't remember the URL, but it's recent - considering downtime. I think in the suggestions sub-forum.

-t

-Travlyr

This site went down the same day the dailypaul was giving me malware re-directs so I started to wonder......then I thought, well there is only one way to find out. So I went to my address bar and typed in www.infowars.com and hit enter.....the page loaded and then I sat at waited.......and waited.......and waited......no helicopters......so far so good.
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast