Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do we keep this place up?

How do we keep this place up?

Josh, do you need donations? Please let us know what we can do to ensure that RPF is up and stable..

God forbid it goes down during an election or other urgent action

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yea, things would have been normal this last week but we had some outside interference and evidently hard drive problems.

Sorry about the downtime. I have brought a 3rd party on to do monitoring (not the NSA) for the next six months. That contract will renew if all goes well.

Don't need money at this time. Thanks.

Do you need $ because I would happy to donate to keep this place up and I'm sure others would as well

Josh has done a great job at keeping this place up. One hiccup in .... how many years now? 6 or 7? I am not in panic mode yet.

Glad its back. If the site goes down I feel as though I have been cut off from the world
    Terminus tela viaticus!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    I have brought a 3rd party on to do monitoring (not the NSA) for the next six months.
    Oh great, now Danke is actually going to make money reporting AF's posts.

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    Josh, do you need donations? Please let us know what we can do to ensure that RPF is up and stable..

God forbid it goes down during an election or other urgent action
    I hear Kit Dotcom offers great hosting at a very reasonable price.

OMG!!! - The forum is back up!!! - What happened???

Just asking...

-t

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yea, the several times I checked yesterday it was down. Was it hacked/attacked again?

Quote Originally Posted by Carehn View Post
    Glad its back. If the site goes down I feel as though I have been cut off from the world
    Haha. Me too. The other day when I got the database error trying to come here my wife caught me just staring at the screen for a few minutes. She said I looked like a lost child. Pretty freaking hilarious.
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

Quote Originally Posted by paulbot24 View Post
    Haha. Me too. The other day when I got the database error trying to come here my wife caught me just staring at the screen for a few minutes. She said I looked like a lost child. Pretty freaking hilarious.
    I know, right? I had no excuse but to glaze those new windows (I hate glazing windows) I built for a historic house.

Inquiring minds want to know...

Well, it's definitely still unstable, at the least. Hopefully now that it's back up, page load speeds will be improved to the point that the recent plague of double posting will trail off a bit.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Thanks, Josh! Let us know if you need anything!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Josh said something about 'outside interference and a hard drive problem'.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    I know, right? I had no excuse but to glaze those new windows (I hate glazing windows) I built for a historic house.
    Ha! I felt a little lost too. I don't post much but I didn't get my morning fill of rpf news. I started daydreaming about conspiracy theories relating to the forums. Like the government took the site down in order to install software spy tracking devices on all of our computers. lol.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Josh said something about 'outside interference and a hard drive problem'.
    Could you elaborate?

Those are very different things...

Usually...

-t

Big Sister found out about us (thanks to danke), and now they're taking this place out one piece at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

SPANK!

Whatcha got against Danke???

-t

There is a minor message board we used cira 2007-2008 that is still available, or Josh could set one up. For down times, diff net, diff server. Maybe 2 threads - general and lets gt the main board back up, this is what we are seeing... This is the status.

I can see ppl donating for a backup and it's not that hard to re-direct a IP if you are the owner.

-t

Or even twitter or DP w/ a hashtag... This isn't rocket science... just keeping ppl informed and if you need help..

-t

Quote Originally Posted by paulbot24 View Post
    I actually got some work done. Not expecting that to be a habit ......
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Big Sister found out about us (thanks to danke), and now they're taking this place out one piece at a time.
    Every time the lights go out, 10 members disappear to Camp Fema.
    Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    There is a minor message board we used cira 2007-2008 that is still available, or Josh could set one up. For down times, diff net, diff server. Maybe 2 threads - general and lets gt the main board back up, this is what we are seeing... This is the status.

I can see ppl donating for a backup and it's not that hard to re-direct a IP if you are the owner.

-t
    What was the minor one? I remember going to one back in 2007, I think right before I came here.
    Rand Paul 2016

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I actually got in yesterday. Don't know why, but i couldn't navigate around worth a darn so I gave up trying. I don't know anything about computers or the internet, could it be a virus?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    I actually got in yesterday. Don't know why, but i couldn't navigate around worth a darn so I gave up trying. I don't know anything about computers or the internet, could it be a virus?
    No, we were working on it without turning it off. I don't believe you have anything to worry about at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulfollower999 View Post
    What was the minor one? I remember going to one back in 2007, I think right before I came here.
    I'd be interested too, if outsiders take this one down at a key organization point.

But I just waited for this one to come up.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    No, we were working on it without turning it off. I don't believe you have anything to worry about at this time.
    Kay.

Every time the lights go out, 10 members disappear to Camp Fema.
    ROLL CALL!!!! LOL!

It was mentioned in a recent post about this issue. Remembered it. Went over and very few folks from here remembered it or noticed the link.

I don't remember the URL, but it's recent - considering downtime. I think in the suggestions sub-forum.

-t

This site went down the same day the dailypaul was giving me malware re-directs so I started to wonder......then I thought, well there is only one way to find out. So I went to my address bar and typed in www.infowars.com and hit enter.....the page loaded and then I sat at waited.......and waited.......and waited......no helicopters......so far so good.
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast