Thread: Man Finds 12-Pound Gold Nugget

Man Finds 12-Pound Gold Nugget

"A prospector made an extraordinary discovery yesterday, when he found an "incredibly rare" 12-pound (5.5-kilogram) gold nugget under only 23 inches of dirt."

-- http://gizmodo.com/5976925/man-finds...00-gold-nugget

Maybe a metal detector would be a good thing to have, eh?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whao, that's insane! What a beautiful chunk of nature

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    "A prospector made an extraordinary discovery yesterday, when he found an "incredibly rare" 12-pound (5.5-kilogram) gold nugget under only 23 inches of dirt."

-- http://gizmodo.com/5976925/man-finds...00-gold-nugget

Maybe a metal detector would be a good thing to have, eh?
    Only some places have nuggets. In most places you will find flower gold (gold dust)
    Terminus tela viaticus!

I would say his odds were worse than winning a multi-state lottery. Good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I would say his odds were worse than winning a multi-state lottery. Good for him.
    Yeah with these sort of freak events people seem to always forget how many others out there do the exact same searching as this guy did, maybe for their entire life, without finding squat.
    My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right, tend to be unwilling or unable to accept blame )

Quote Originally Posted by hazek View Post
    Yeah with these sort of freak events people seem to always forget how many others out there do the exact same searching as this guy did, maybe for their entire life, without finding squat.
    Honestly, I don't think it's very many. I don't know anyone who spends any significant time gold-hunting. How many people own high-quality metal detectors? Less than a million? I think that's safe to say.

So how much does the state get? Gotta be at least 6 pounds of it.

He should have kept it a secret and smuggled it out of the country somehow. Actually, forget "somehow" -- buy a boat, go up to Malaysia, melt down the gold into coins, and get to keep 100% of the gold value.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I believe most gold mines yield about one ounce of gold in two tons of dirt- yeah, it was a rare, lucky find.