Welcome to the Official Website of the Utah Sheriffs’ Association

http://www.utahsheriffs.org/USA-Home...ent Letter.pdf

The Honorable Barack Obama
    President of the United States of America
    The White House
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
    Washington, DC 20500

Dear President Obama:

We, the elected sheriffs of Utah, like so many of our fellow Americans, are literally heartbroken for the loved ones of the murdered victims in Connecticut. As Utahans, we are not strangers to this kind of carnage—one of the latest being the 2007 Trolley Square murders wherein nine innocents were gunned down—five losing their lives.

We also recognize the scores of other recent domestic massacres, which have decimated countless honorable lives. As Americans, we value the sanctity of life. Furthermore, similar to our inspired Founders, we acknowledge our subservience to a higher power.

With the number of mass shootings America has endured, it is easy to demonize firearms; it is also foolish and prejudiced. Firearms are nothing more than instruments, valuable and potentially dangerous, but instruments nonetheless. Malevolent souls, like the criminals who commit mass murders, will always exploit valuable instruments in the pursuit of evil. As professional peace officers, if we understand nothing else, we understand this: lawful violence must sometimes be employed to deter and stop criminal violence. Consequently, the citizenry must continue its ability to keep and bear arms, including arms that adequately protect them from all types of illegality.

As your administration and Congress continue to grapple with the complex issue of firearm regulations, we pray that the Almighty will guide the People’s Representatives collectively. For that reason, it is imperative this discussion be had in Congress, not silenced unilaterally by executive orders. As you deliberate, please remember the Founders of this great nation created the Constitution, and its accompanying Bill of Rights, in an effort to protect citizens from all forms of tyrannical subjugation.

We respect the Office of the President of the United States of America.

But, make no mistake,

as the duly-elected sheriffs of our respective counties,
    we will enforce the rights guaranteed to our citizens by the Constitution.

No federal official will be permitted to descend upon our constituents
    and take from them what the Bill of Rights
    —in particular Amendment II—
    has given them.

We, like you,
    swore a solemn oath to protect and defend
    the Constitution of the United States,
    and we are prepared to trade our lives
    for the preservation of its traditional interpretation.

The Utah Sheriffs’ Association

Last edited by presence; 01-21-2013 at 10:28 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hell yeah, that's how its done. Way to go Utah
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

*THUMBS UP*
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

I wish they would run these things past me prior to sending. Small errors can make large differences in meaning. The devil is indeed to be found in the details, especially with the sorts of scoundrels to which such missives are directed. They are players of words first and foremost and cannot, therefore, be taken casually on that basis. This is particularly true because in their world, words put guns into motion.
    Last edited by osan; 01-23-2013 at 11:48 AM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Bump....this deserves more attention

Is this the same batch of sheriffs who takes federal grants and serves drug warrants for the feds?

The same group who drives cars and APC's paid for with federal money?

The same group who is threatening to use weapons and ammunition paid for with federal tax dollars to fight just one instance of federal government overreach?

Well I wish them the best of luck.

And I sincerely hope they pull their heads out and pay attention to other areas of federal misbehavior..

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Is this the same batch of sheriffs who takes federal grants and serves drug warrants for the feds?
    Yes, but at this point all I want is a peaceful secession. We can worry about those "details" after we settle that primary business.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I appreciate their intent, but the 2nd amendment doesn't give me a damn thing I already didn't have.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Congress shall make NO law that....