Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 -- What's your district? Could a good candidate win there? My district is...

Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    Perhaps he is playing defense. Trying to prevent a primary challenger.
    Could be. He had a primary challenger in 2012. I don't think the guy got anywhere close to beating him, but maybe he received more votes than other challengers have in the past. I don't think the guy challenging Brady had any money at all as I never saw so much as a single sign for him anywhere. Brady has held this office since 1997.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just looked him up. He got 76% in primary.

Keep an eye on him. Some people change their views. Walter Jones comes to mind. Support his reeducation.
    Last edited by Uriah; 01-26-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: added

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    Just looked him up. He got 76% in primary.

Keep an eye on him. Some people change their views. Walter Jones comes to mind. Support his reeducation.
    I try. I've been writing him quite a bit lately, encouraging him to vote the right way on issues like SOPA, NDAA and auditing the Fed, among other things. Hopefully others have been as well and it's starting to have some effect. I would love for his voting record to improve so that it matches some of this recent rhetoric,

You can't expect someone to automatically understand you. Keep it up. There is hope.

Quote Originally Posted by jtap View Post
    If I had a telecommuting job I would seriously contemplate moving to a winnable area if I had backing.

What constitutes being a "resident"? Is it based on the time you have lived there?
    The Constitution just says you have to be an "inhabitant" of the state at the time you're elected, not necessarily a "resident".

So this definitely includes any district in your current state, and doesn't require living in a new state for a certain period of time before the election.

Article 1, Section 2
    No person shall be a Representative who shall not have attained to the age of twenty five years, and been seven years a citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an inhabitant of that state in which he shall be chosen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12