Thread: Revealed: An Inside Look at Ron Paul's Portfolio

Revealed: An Inside Look at Ron Paul's Portfolio

Ron Paul is a lot like licorice; not everyone likes him, but the ones who do really like him.

The former Texas congressman built his reputation and loyal following by taking strong positions on a number of controversial issues .

The first is his desire to audit and eliminate the Federal Reserve. Paul is a free-market capitalist and doesn't believe a centrally controlled, non-elected entity should have the ability to dictate interest rates and change the trajectory of the economy .

Paul has also expressed deep concerns about the U.S. dollar, which is not backed by any physical asset , and has been steadily devaluing against other currencies since 2001 under growing domestic trade deficits.

Finally, Paul is also worried about the possibility of massive inflation . Although the U.S. Bureau of Labor statistics' Consumer Price Index has yet to show any serious signals of inflation, with central banks around the world fully committed to monetary stimulation, the devaluation of fiat currency is a very real consideration for many investors.

But unlike many politicians simply tickling populist fancy, after taking a look at Paul's portfolio, it's obvious the man puts his money where his mouth is.
    more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/reveal...2#.UP3dR_KwXTo
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol

The former Texas congressman is considered a political renegade, fueling what some analystscall the craziest portfolio they have ever seen.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

FYI - I posted his full portfolio a while back:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...sonal-finances
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    FYI - I posted his full portfolio a while back:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...sonal-finances
    of course you did. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

I'm surprised he's not worried about counter party risk, etc so as to not want to just own it physically instead.

In which case, he'd be worried about gold seizure and Obamacare declarations of gold holdings, etc, and therefore not even want to tell anyone what he had at all.

I'm not sure if you have to report things like coin collections under the rules of that disclosure, as opposed to cash, securities and real estate. I'm sure he follows what ever the Congressional rules of disclosure are.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I'm not sure if you have to report things like coin collections under the rules of that disclosure, as opposed to cash, securities and real estate. I'm sure he follows what ever the Congressional rules of disclosure are.

Ya any coin over..i forget either 500 dollars or half an ounce..something like that if it was made after Obamacare.

So basically any one ounce coin made after 2011 you technically have to report.

Of course no one will and it won't be enforced either.

Unless you have 1 million dollars in gold coins or something substantial that would merit the their time. In that case best to keep your mouth shut.

Also I.RS has been known to interview local gold dealers if they are suspicious of you.

but that is just on transfer isn't it? So if he has held them since 1976, 1977, and the coins aer one oz or less....

I'm not talking about what he reports to the IRS, though, these portfolio stories come from what he reports about his finances as a congressman's duty. And those rules may or may not include collections. I don't recall ever seeing jewelry or anything, just bank and security accounts and land.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    oops crossposted this over in Econ.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book