Thread: North Korea Missile Launcher Deployments

North Korea Missile Launcher Deployments

North Korea spreading out mobile launchers throughout the country. Whole article below. When can we bomb them?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/18/wo...y-us.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — The discovery by American intelligence agencies that North Korea is moving mobile missile launchers around the country, some carrying a new generation of powerful rocket, has spurred new assessments of the intentions of the country’s young new leader, Kim Jong-un, who has talked about economic change but appears to be accelerating the country’s ability to attack American allies or forces in Asia, and ultimately to strike across the Pacific....
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss, from The Lorax

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am wondering, do the NK intend to charter row boats to invade California?
    Best of luck in life.

Quote Originally Posted by bolil View Post
    Of course they will! They will also come in biplanes they confiscated at concour shows!

Quote Originally Posted by bolil View Post
    Just saying,
    http://dailynk.com/english/read.php?...0100&num=10249
    The South Korean military authorities have concluded based on evidence derived from retrieved fragments of North Korea’s Unha-3 long-range rocket that the North is capable of independently developing ICBMs with a range of more than 10,000km.

We've been focusing on Iran and Syria too much recently. The media must remind us that we're supposed to hate North Korea too since they pose a DIRECT THREAT TO OUR FREEDOM~!

Hmmmm . . . which is the greater threat to my freedom, North Korea or Diane Finkstein? North Korea or the IRS? North Korea or the TSA? North Korea or the DEA?
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Let the bombings commence!

Action needs to be taken against North Korea, problem is that Seoul is right near the border, and will be turned into a stone age village in the event of war.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think North Korea can have an edge if they can fire nuclear warheads with artillery. I think NK artillery can hit Seoul.

Cant anti-missile/ballistic systems or iron shield stop artillery shells?

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    I think North Korea can have an edge if they can fire nuclear warheads with artillery. I think NK artillery can hit Seoul.

IF it should happen to South Korea... sounds like a huge win for the Big 3 autos in Detroit as well as any other US manufacturer that competes with South Korea. Oh don't forget the perpetual profiteers of the Military Industrial Complex...

Any US government action... you have to first assess, 'Who's Gonna Make Money'
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 01-25-2013 at 09:59 AM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

If their missiles can reach the Pacific coast then why does Rand want a dome over D.C.? Should tax paying Californians get the same protection?

INFO on the AN/TPY-2 tracking radars mentioned in the New York Times article. Look's like tax dollars are going to protect foreign countries/states FIRST : http://www.mda.mil/global/documents/pdf/an_tpy2.pdf

The United States also has SBX (Sea Based X Band radar). This is an AN/TPY-2 radar built on a floating platform that can be towed to wherever it is needed. The SBX would be brought in if the danger was thought to be temporary, but installing a land based AN/TPY-2 radar in Qatar indicates that the Iranian danger is thought to be long term. Besides, the SBX is currently watching North Korea.

Overview

High resolution, X-band, phased array radar

Acquires, tracks, discriminates, classifies, identifies, and estimates the trajectory parameters of all classes of threat missiles and missile components, and passes this information to other BMDS components or the THAAD weapon system.

Transportable by air, ship, truck, and rail.

Details

AN/TPY 2 radars, coupled with layered sensors, give the BMDS a continuous tracking and discrimination capability with more opportunities to engage the target, resulting in a greater probability for a successful intercept.

The radars pass target data to the BMDS and THAAD command and control systems.

The radars perform autonomously or as cued by other sensors.

Development

Four AN/TPY 2s operating in the forward based mode are currently deployed in support of U.S. allies.

Eight AN/TPY2s have been produced, with two additional radars currently in production.

The radar can support additional missions including space surveillance and data collection.

The current plan is for a total of 11 AN/TPY 2 radars.
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 01-25-2013 at 12:56 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post

Seoul is only about 60 miles south of the border.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Hmmmm . . . which is the greater threat to my freedom, North Korea or Diane Finkstein? North Korea or the IRS? North Korea or the TSA? North Korea or the DEA?
    excellent questions

Quote Originally Posted by FreeHampshire View Post
    Action needs to be taken against North Korea
    You go right ahead and take it. Get yourself a gun and a plane ticket. Leave me and mine OUT of it, thank you.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Well when you put it that way...
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If North Korea launches a missile at us, all we need to do is knock their missile out of the air. The last thing we should do is invade another country just because there's a chance they could attack us in the future.

Action needs to be taken against North Korea, problem is that Seoul is right near the border, and will be turned into a stone age village in the event of war.
    ...making it look like much of North Korea? Think of all the fake Nike athletic shoes, Starter jackets and expensive hand bags going up in smoke.
    Anyway, South Korea is well-armed plus has US bases from Camp Casey on down. Their pilots practice with ours.
    So bigger questions are: can China keep their pet under control? do they want to? and
    will Japan ever stop depending on all our bases and just decide to defend themselves? All in favor of the government of Japan re-arming itself and "taking care of business" say Bonzaiiiii. Oh, wait...that would scare the whole Pac Rim. After all, it's okay for Germany, but Japan signed a sacred treaty and MacArthur helped them write a constitution that keeps them in a perpetual state of dependence.
    Sorry about the rant. It's so nice outside and I'm stuck in here getting ready for the 2nd semester.

I'm not too afraid of North Korea launching an attack on the US. It would make no logical sense for them to do that since they would be signing their own death certificate. I would think it's certainly within our capabilities to shoot down one or even a couple missiles that would have to travel 6,000+ miles to the US mainland. Just more sabre rattling so we'll give them more food aid, send Lebron over there and they'll probably shut up.