Thread: Ralph Nader: violent video game creators are “electronic child molesters.”

Ralph Nader: violent video game creators are “electronic child molesters.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...#ixzz2IpDsSchk
    Obama’s plan doesn’t go far enough on the violent video game creators he called “electronic child molesters.”

“We are in the peak of [violence in entertainment]. Television program violence? Unbelievable. Video game violence? Unprecedented,” Nader said.

He added: “I’m not saying he wants to censor this, I think he should sensitize people that they should protect their children family by family from these kinds of electronic child molesters.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So Ralph Nader is against using government coercion and instead is for the government making recommendations to parents on the types of video games they let their kids play?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Ralph Nader is a nutcase and thank goodness he isn't running anymore.

WOW!

-t

Violent....video game.....molesters....For some reason the game Pokemon Battle Revolution just popped into my head. I think I need some sunshine.
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

If violent video games are tantamount to child molestation...

then I LOVE TO BE MOLESTED!

and I just saw Django Unchained yesterday. So Ralph Nasser can go f himself.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

Unsafe at Any Speed.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I never listened to anything the man had to say, mainly because I grew up riding around in a '63 Corvair.
    And, you know, lived.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think combing violent video games and anti-psyc meds is a bad combo for minors.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I think combing violent video games and anti-psyc meds is a bad combo for minors.
    I think combining anti psychotics with minors is a bad idea.

I don't believe Nader is likening video games to child molestation in the sense of it being sexual abuse. (I would hope anyways) He is more than likely speaking in terms of corruption, i.e. to disturb childrens' minds. Very bad way to say what he was most likely trying to convey.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

And he needs to understand that these games are in know way intended to be played by or marketed towards children. He's stuck in the late 70's. He probably thinks kids are going to their local arcade to play Modern Warfare 3 with their lunch money.
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Ralph Nader is a nutcase and thank goodness he isn't running anymore.
    Thank you. Not everyone who's not part of the establishment is good. Some are worse, like Ralph Nader and Dennis Kucinich. Full fledged Marxists aren't part of the establishment either. Nor are full fledged fascists or Neo-Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by BenIsForRon View Post
    And he needs to understand that these games are in know way intended to be played by or marketed towards children. He's stuck in the late 70's. He probably thinks kids are going to their local arcade to play Modern Warfare 3 with their lunch money.
    Are you serious? I'm pretty sure the best Modern Warefare 3 players are like 14, always have been. I mostly stopped playing those type of games by the time I was 15 or 16.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

bla bla bla

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Are you serious? I'm pretty sure the best Modern Warefare 3 players are like 14, always have been. I mostly stopped playing those type of games by the time I was 15 or 16.
    That was your first mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Those are just the ones you hear on voice chat. Every new Call of Duty game for the past 4 or 5 years has been the top selling game of that year. Tens of millions of copies are sold every year. They aren't all 14 year-olds, and the game is definitely marketed as entertainment for adults.

I wish adults were playing more refined games like Dark Souls or Mark of the Ninja, but the sales figures state otherwise.
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

Well.. I'll forgive him, just because he mentions Ron Paul in the news back in 2012.

Nader getting mixed up in technology is about as good an idea as mixing static electricity with motherboards. He also cheered the government taking on Microsoft in the 1990s, and I've even read (but haven't confirmed) that he wanted to ban all commerce from ever taking place over the internet and preserve it as a non-profit thing.

I am a big gamer and what pisses me off is how hypocritcal the left wing video gamers are for infringing people who want to bear arms but when the government targets their favorite hobby (basically infringing freedom of speech), they cry about it.

I just ran a search for Ralph Nader's name on Google News and non of the big mainstream video game sites picked up this story but they sure picked up the story on the NRA blaming video games though, not that I agree with the NRA.