Thread: Violent Democrat arrested for threatening to shoot colleague

Violent Democrat arrested for threatening to shoot colleague

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...p_ref=politics

And you thought Congress was dysfunctional.

A Nevada lawmaker was arrested on Saturday night for threatening to shoot a colleague, KNTV reported.

According to the Las Vegas Sun, State Assemblyman Steven Brooks was arrested with a loaded gun. He had threatened to shoot Speaker-elect Marilyn Kirkpatrick. He was apparently unhappy with his committee assignments.

He spent the night in custody, the Las Vegas-Review Journal reported.

Brooks is a Democratic assemblyman who represents North Las Vegas. He was first elected in 2010.

As the Sun reported, the Nevada State Assembly recently experienced a shakeup after its previous speaker had lost his bid for reelection. The Democratic caucus was split between Kirkpatrick and another official. Brooks had reportedly been seeking the spot of chairman of the Assembly's Ways and Means Committee, but the position went to another lawmaker.

The Nevada State Assembly is set to reconvene on February 4th.
    Last edited by Agorism; 01-20-2013 at 06:26 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The obvious answer is to ban gun ownership by registered Democrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Agorism, if you would please post either the entirety of the article or pertinent information I'd really appreciate it. I despise clicking on Huffpo pieces. I really want them to understand that their brand of 'journalism' is unappreciated and downright hated by a large number of people.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump