Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Weekly Report for GOP Candidates (Rand, Rubio, McDonnell, Cruz, and Martinez get A's)

  1. #1

    Default Weekly Report for GOP Candidates (Rand, Rubio, McDonnell, Cruz, and Martinez get A's)

    http://www.prez16.com/2013/01/weekly...andidates.html

    I don't think he's particularly biased in any ways. He's just rating the effectiveness of their political maneuvers and I agree. Rubio's going to be very formidable and needs to be taken down in order for Rand to become a favorite.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    Rand has a golden opportunity to make some very key contrasts between himself and Rubio in the next couple years.

  4. #3

    Default

    I don't see what's so formidable about Rubio.

    He just speaks in very vague terms. Standard neo-con stuff.

    Ask him what he wants to cut from the budget and watch him tie himself in knots.

    He may sow the seeds of his own destruction on immigration.

    We will see.

  5. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    I don't see what's so formidable about Rubio.
    IMO what's formidable about him is that he brings the establishment with him (this is of course why he has to speak in the standard "small government" neo-con lingo while simultaneously promoting more government.) The bankers, the media, all the useful idiots, etc. are what Rubio has going for him. I think it is going to be another fight against the establishment again in 2016. The difference is that 1) Rand is doing the obligatory schmoozing that Ron would never do, and 2) the grassroots have been making greater headway into the party machinery since 2012. These 2 things Rand has going for him.
    Last edited by Sola_Fide; 01-20-2013 at 04:16 PM.

  6. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    IMO what's formidable about him is that he brings the establishment with him (this is of course why he has to speak in the standard "small government" neo-con lingo while simultaneously promoting more government.) The bankers, the media, all the useful idiots, etc. are what Rubio has going for him. I think it is going to be another fight against the establishment again in 2016. The difference is that 1) Rand is doing the obligatory schmoozing that Ron would never do, and 2) the grassroots have been making greater headway into the party machinery since 2012. These 2 things Rand has going for him.
    I agree, Rubio's establishment connections get him a sit down with Bill O'Reilly and fawning media praise which helps.

    But he's a very shallow candidate and because he's beholden to the establishment cannot tell us what he will cut from the Federal budget and instead he just talks in vague terms, kind of like Obama but he will be expected to explain in more detail to the GOP what his vision is and what the specifics are. We won't let him just waffle his way to the nomination.

  7. #6

    Default

    double post.
    Last edited by itshappening; 01-20-2013 at 04:16 PM.

  8. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    I don't see what's so formidable about Rubio.

    He just speaks in very vague terms. Standard neo-con stuff.

    Ask him what he wants to cut from the budget and watch him tie himself in knots.

    He may sow the seeds of his own destruction on immigration.

    We will see.
    What's formidable is that he has many Obama-esque qualities. Terrific speaker, young and energetic, exaggerated but believable personal story. Rand has to attack his record and make him look like a plastic pretty boy, because Rand will never be half as polished as Rubio is.
    Libertarian Republican trying to help break the one-party state in Massachusetts

    Looking for new liberty candidates for 2014 and beyond

  9. #8

    Default

    To compete with Rubio, Rand is going to have to get a new haircut for 2016.

  10. #9

    Default

    I don't get why FreedomWorks likes Rubio.
    I have many friends in the libertarian movement who look down on those of us who get involved in political activity,
    he acknowledged, but "eventually, if you want to bring about changes what you have to do is participate in political
    action.
    -- Ron Paul


    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% the same on issues." "People Try To Drive Wedges Between Rand And Me." --Ron Paul

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=pB5JgzBVHN0

    The Property Basis of Rights

  11. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mz10 View Post
    What's formidable is that he has many Obama-esque qualities. Terrific speaker, young and energetic, exaggerated but believable personal story. Rand has to attack his record and make him look like a plastic pretty boy, because Rand will never be half as polished as Rubio is.
    He won't get away with just telling his personal story in a GOP primary.

    He has to offer substance i.e what cuts will he make and will be examined.

    Also, his immigration plan might put off conservatives. He's also voted against cutting foreign aid and voted for tax increases in Miami and Tallahassee.

    I don't think it will be hard to expose his weaknesses.

  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I don't get why FreedomWorks likes Rubio.
    That may not last.

    Notice, he is the first Senator behind the "principled" voters: http://congress.freedomworks.org/key...ort=score_high

  13. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I don't get why FreedomWorks likes Rubio.
    That may not last.

    Notice, he is the first Senator behind the "principled" voters: http://congress.freedomworks.org/key...ort=score_high

  14. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOfLiberty View Post
    That may not last.

    Notice, he is the first Senator behind the "principled" voters: http://congress.freedomworks.org/key...ort=score_high
    Rubio voted against both Rand and Mike Lee's budget proposals.

  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    I don't see what's so formidable about Rubio.

    He just speaks in very vague terms. Standard neo-con stuff.

    Ask him what he wants to cut from the budget and watch him tie himself in knots.

    He may sow the seeds of his own destruction on immigration.

    We will see.
    I think it's likely that Rand will support Rubio's immigration plan. I don't think Rand will get an advantage on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Romans 8: 18-21

    I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

  16. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    I think it's likely that Rand will support Rubio's immigration plan. I don't think Rand will get an advantage on that.
    I don't think he will. Rand already has his vague own plan, and he can contrast his with Rubio's and try to link Rubio to amnesty, which is essentially what Rubio's plan is. It's basically amnesty with the restriction that you can't be a citizen so you can't vote Democrat.

  17. #16

    Default

    Reid has said he will not allow anything through the senate without amnesty and therefore new Democrat voters in Nevada, Texas and Arizona.

    So it's going to put some GOP senators in a tough spot when it comes up for a vote as it will definitely include amnesty.

  18. #17

    Default

    personally I think it's madness for any Republican to vote to create and franchise new mostly Democrat voters in NV, AZ and TX possibly watching those states turn BLUE and they can forget about the presidency for another generation.

  19. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    It's basically amnesty with the restriction that you can't be a citizen so you can't vote Democrat.
    That actually sounds like a good solution to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Romans 8: 18-21

    I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.





« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •