Thread: House Adopts Amash Transparency Reforms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

House Adopts Amash Transparency Reforms

Woot!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

House Adopts Amash Transparency Reforms - Proposals Make Legislation More Accessible to Public

Washington, D.C. – On Thursday, the House passed two legislative process reforms written by Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI). The reforms take effect immediately and bind the 113th Congress, which was sworn in this morning.

“Americans should be able to access the legislation their Congress is considering—and to understand what it does,” said Amash. “Too often, bills fail to include key information that would make them comprehensible to our constituents. I am pleased that the House took important steps to increase the transparency of our policymaking by adopting my two reforms.”

The first reform provides that bills reported by House committees include not only the text of the current law that is being amended but also surrounding provisions in current law. The extra context will make it easier for readers to understand what bills do.

The second reform requires legislation to include cross-references to the U.S. Code. Under current practice, many bills are written with cross-references to laws that were enacted decades ago. Finding accurate and up-to-date versions of such laws can be extremely difficult. In contrast, a reasonably current version of the U.S. Code is available for free, online.
    more:

http://www.dailypaul.com/271176/hous...arency-reforms
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Way to use your clout Justin!
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Interesting how none of the rules involve the Constitution. They just refer people to (unconstitutional) bills already passed.