Thread: New car registration/tag tax

New car registration/tag tax

So I got a bill for 10$ in mail few days ago says its for vehicle property tax? Now I already paid my registration etc in February when I bought the vehicle and it says this thing don't expire till February of 2014! What is this? I don't understand it...is this my yearly fee? Why am I having to pay again...I tell ya this tax on my vehicle is BS...I own the vehicle OUTRIGHT...but it seems like I don't when I have to pay a tax on its property...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In many states, there is a property tax (especially in the South) on property other than homes. This applies to boats, cars and in some states, other things. It is in addition to registration; which, depending on how you look at it, could also be consider a property tax.

http://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/vehicle/title/tax/
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 05-18-2013 at 07:46 PM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

That sucks.I already paid my taxes cost me over 160$ to pay for all that stuff. Now they want 10$ more! I guess gotta go to tag office Monday and ask what this is about,they just passed a law combing both the registration and tag fee at the same time....don't totally understand it.Was hoping someone from NC that had received the bill could explain it to me because the state said EVERYONE would have one by July.

The silver lining is that you know about this tax. If it'd been combined, you'd never even know.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi