Thread: Sheriff Ray Nash running for Tim Scott's House Seat

Lightbulb Sheriff Ray Nash running for Tim Scott's House Seat

* Please Note: There is currently a straw poll on the Charleston County GOP site - please vote for Nash: http://charlestongop.org (poll is on the lower right).

Sheriff Ray Nash, former three-term Republican Sheriff of Dorchester County (who became a police chief at age 23), South Carolina is a strict Constitutionalist and lover of liberty who has started his campaign for the 1st S.C. Congressional District. He announced his campaign from Afghanistan, where he is serving as the criminal justice adviser at the U.S. Embassy in Kabul:

“Due to the recent attacks on our Constitutional freedoms, I was gravely concerned that I would no longer recognize my country upon my return. Then I realized I had a clear opportunity to do something about it by running for Congress.”

He has over thirty years of law enforcement experience, is a martial artist (a black belt with over forty years in Karate), and is a big supporter of the 2nd Amendment. He publicly supports his friend Charleston County Sheriff Al Cannon in his pledge to refuse to enforce any new gun laws that he believes to be unconstitutional.

He also gives talks to police officers around the world, to teach about putting character and integrity first:

Sheriff Nash's Facebook page (please like and share): https://www.facebook.com/NashForCongress

* Please Note: There is currently a straw poll on the Charleston County GOP site - please vote for Nash: http://charlestongop.org (poll is on the lower right).
    Last edited by TrueConservative2012; 01-20-2013 at 07:09 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There are several great people running, the consensus is we need to support Sanford so an establishment candidate doesn't sneak through with the nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOfLiberty View Post
    There are several great people running, the consensus is we need to support Sanford so an establishment candidate doesn't sneak through with the nomination.
    Sanford abandoned his wife and children on Father's day to be with his mistress in Argentina - and also lied to his staff and the people of the state. He also used taxpayer funds to visit his mistress, under the guise of commerce trips.

He had his chance, and blew it due to lack of integrity - now it's time to give someone else a chance. Sanford is certainly not indispensable - and the only consensus about him here is that he lied, cheated, and abandoned his office and family - and didn't have the grace to resign, despite having voted to impeach Bill Clinton for a similar offense.

I say this as someone who had enthusiastically supported him during his three terms in Congress. It is important for those in public office to not only be right politically, but also be role models for our children.
    Last edited by TrueConservative2012; 01-20-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueConservative2012 View Post
    Sanford abandoned his wife and children on Father's day to be with his mistress in Argentina - and also lied to his staff and the people of the state. He also used taxpayer funds to visit his mistress, under the guise of commerce trips.

He had his chance, and blew it due to lack of integrity - now it's time to give someone else a chance. Sanford is certainly not indispensable - and the only consensus about him here is that he lied, cheated, and abandoned his office and family - and didn't have the grace to resign, despite having voted to impeach Bill Clinton for a similar offense.

I say this as someone who had enthusiastically supported him during his three terms in Congress.
    He didn't blow his chance. he is the frontrunner.

He didn't blow his chance. he is the frontrunner.
    He blew his chance to be a man of integrity. Now he's just another professional politician, disgraced but without shame. I'm sorry that character doesn't mean anything to you in elected officials, but it does to most voters, and that's why he isn't the frontrunner.

He blew his chance to be a man of integrity. Now he's just another professional politician, disgraced but without shame. I'm sorry that character doesn't mean anything to you in elected officials, but it does to most voters, and that's why he isn't the frontrunner.
    His personal life didn't affect his political stances.

Gingrich(3 wives) got 40% to win the primary so why should Sanford be any different?

His personal life didn't affect his political stances.

Gingrich(3 wives) got 40% to win the primary so why should Sanford be any different?
    And you preferred Gingrich to win instead of Ron Paul? Ron Paul is a man of integrity.

And you preferred Gingrich to win instead of Ron Paul? Ron Paul is a man of integrity.
    I don't condone Sanford's personal actions however not all are perfect.

Mitt Romney has a squeaky clean personal life but politics matters to me.

Nash sounds good but he has no record and I don't know any of his positions on relevant matters to the liberty movement. And with the grounded field he isn't going anywhere. I am supporting Sanford all the way because I know what I am getting. I do not want an establishment candidate winning.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't condone Sanford's personal actions however not all are perfect.

Mitt Romney has a squeaky clean personal life but politics matters to me.

Nash sounds good but he has no record and I don't know any of his positions on relevant matters to the liberty movement. And with the grounded field he isn't going anywhere. I am supporting Sanford all the way because I know what I am getting. I do not want an establishment candidate winning.
    So you have committed yourself to a known tarnished candidate when you admit you aren't sure what the other candidates even stand for - you've basically endorsed the establishment candidate (the one with the most media coverage). That's how we got into the mess in the first place.

So you have committed yourself to a known tarnished candidate when you admit you aren't sure what the other candidates even stand for - you've basically endorsed the establishment candidate (the one with the most media coverage). That's how we got into the mess in the first place.
    Nonsense.

The other candidates have to let their views be known.

LOL at Sanford being the establishment candidate: all the attention is to make him look "disgraced". The NRCC won't even back him. But he is the frontrunner due to his name, record, and money.

No one should be running against Sanford except a rino. It makes no sense to spend money in primaries fighting other pro-liberty candidates and potentially siphoning votes ensuring an establishment win. That's exactly why Kerry didn't win the Special election and have more seniority in Congress now because the goddamn LP and CP had guys in the race.

Now that the filing period is over, the GOP has a new straw poll:

http://www.charlestongop.org

Let's help Sheriff Ray get us returned to Constitutionally-limited government.

Please vote early and often!

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    No one should be running against Sanford except a rino. It makes no sense to spend money in primaries fighting other pro-liberty candidates and potentially siphoning votes ensuring an establishment win. That's exactly why Kerry didn't win the Special election and have more seniority in Congress now because the goddamn LP and CP had guys in the race.
    As I pointed out before, the LP nominee was rogue and not backed by the Party. Same with the one who challenged Amash.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal