Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thousands join pro-gun rallies in state capitals

Thousands join pro-gun rallies in state capitals

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/h...itals-18258801

Hundreds of people are gathering in state capitals nationwide to rally against stricter gun control measures.

An estimated 600 people turned out so far for Saturday speeches in Austin, Texas. Many are carrying signs with messages such as "An Armed Society is a Polite Society" and "The Second Amendment Comes from God."

Meanwhile, police say hundreds more joined rallies in New England while organizers also have plans to gather in capital cites to the west.

Activists have promoted the "Guns Across America" rallies primarily via social media. They're being held days after President Barack Obama unveiled a sweeping package of gun-control proposals.

First-term Texas state Rep. Steve Toth is among attendees in Austin. He's one of several state officials nationwide who've proposed trying to curb federal gun restrictions in states.

====
    ps: FOX News didn't even mention this today. They did hype the day all morning as "National Popcorn Day", however...

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 01-19-2013 at 02:37 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Even in little NH (with another rally planned for the 31st) had 100s show up.

And here's some YAL New Hampshire folks at the rally.

Here is a special someone at the rally. I won't mention his name but all of the regulars here likely already know.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    ps: FOX News didn't even mention this today. They did hype the day all morning as "National Popcorn Day", however...

-t
    Now, after the rallies are over FOX decides to report on them!

Couldn't be responsible for more people showing up at those rallies, could they...

-t

He had around 800 at the TN Capitol today. Interestingly a pro-life rally had been scheduled for weeks immediately afterwards.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I drove down to Columbus today. We had almost a thousand walking around the statehouse or standing along High Street. Some apparently just brought a sign, others conceal carried, others open carried handguns or rifles. One guy even had a bayonet mounted!

http://ht.ly/gXxZz
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

"A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Someone who carries around a sign saying "don't ban assault rifles" is just playing into the left's hands. There's no such thing as an "assault rifle." That was just a term created by the left to make semi automatic guns less popular.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does that sign in the last picture really say "Homocide"?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    He had around 800 at the TN Capitol today. Interestingly a pro-life rally had been scheduled for weeks immediately afterwards.
    I think there was pretty standard. There was a small pro-life rally immediately after the 2nd Amendment rally in NH too.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

From the NH State House rally.
    Several videos and a Patch article. http://londonderry.patch.com/article...-at-statehouse

How to be a NH state rep. at the rally.

How to look cool at the rally.

How to stay warm at the rally.

How to get the word out at the rally.

Perhaps the best photo from the 2nd Amendment rally in NH.

The Porcupine flag.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 01-19-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post
    Please. Don't ask...
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

One of our very own!!!! Keep fighting the good fight Mike!
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

We had an awesome showing in NY...thousands... thought you guys might like this pic. I can't claim credit... this is the flag post in front of the Capitol building, on the front lawn, the rally was in the back.

I know its hard to see, but it is a "Come and Take it" flag.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...llies/1847739/
    http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Pro-...1/19/id/472178
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2512081.html
    http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/thousands...s/?cat_orig=us
    http://www.wsbtv.com/ap/ap/top-news/...apitals/nT2qX/

all 894 news sources »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...in-state-capit

Thousands of gun advocates have gathered peacefully at state capitals across the U.S. to rally against stricter limits on firearms.
    []
    Many carried signs with messages such as, "An Armed Society is a Polite Society," and "The Second Amendment Comes from God."
    []
    Organized by the Washington D.C.-based group Political Media, the "Guns Across America" rallies have been promoted by activists via social media, and come days after President Barack Obama unveiled a sweeping package of gun-control proposals.
    []
    In Arizona and Oregon, some demonstrators came with holstered handguns or rifles on their backs. At the Kentucky Capitol, attendees gave a special round of applause for "the ladies that are packin'."
    []
    In Hartford, Conn. -- less than 50 miles from the site of the December 14 mass school shooting in Newtown -- police say about 1,000 people showed up on the Capitol grounds Saturday, urging state and federal authorities not to introduce new restrictions on gun ownership, saying such moves would erode their Second Amendment rights.
    []
    demonstrators carried signs reading, "Guns Save Lives," and "It's not about Guns, It's about Control."

Demonstrators rally outside the Capitol in Albany, N.Y., Saturday, Jan. 19, 2013

Republican Assemblyman Steven McLaughlin told the crowd in Albany that New York's new law was an "abuse of power" by the governor.
    []
    In Frankfort, Ky., tea party leader David Adams spoke to the crowd, saying that the "government is out of control."[] it's a constitutional right no one can take away.
    []
    Another demonstrator held a sign that said, "Educate Not Legislate."
    []
    limiting the amount of ammunition in gun magazines makes it difficult to defend against multiple intruders.
    []
    In Madison, Wis., Capitol police spokeswoman Stephanie Marquis said an estimated 500 to 600 people showed up for what the Facebook page promoting the event called a "peaceful picketing protest."
    []
    Pictures posted on the page showed people holding signs like "Know Guns Know Freedom."
    []
    "There's a lot of politicians out there, they want to infringe on our rights, and I'm out here speaking against that," [] "I'm afraid of them registering our weapons for the purpose of future confiscation," he said.
    []
    one protester suggested allowing teachers to carry concealed weapons.
    []
    "Party like it's 1776" and "Registration is the first step to confiscation."

[]
    Second Amendment is "a defense against tyranny."

Last edited by presence; 01-19-2013 at 08:51 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    Please. Don't ask...
    Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    One of our very own!!!! Keep fighting the good fight Mike!
    I was afraid of that...lol. I thought I recognized him.
    Oh, well, props to him anyway. But please, next time...spell check.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    The size of crowds at each location varied - from dozens of people in South Dakota, to 2,000 in New York.
    NH only has 50% more people than SD but 100s of folks showed up in NH. Here are some photos.

Even in little NH (with another rally planned for the 31st) had 100s show up.

And here's some YAL New Hampshire folks at the rally.

Click here for additional photos and video of the NH rally. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post4829311

Second Amendment is "a defense against tyranny."
    That's the bottom line, and I'm happy to see a lot of people pointing that out on various news boards. When some clueless sheep asks why it's necessary for a private citizen to have an AR-15 or AK, the proper answer is something like, "Because we'll need as much firepower as possible if the government becomes tyrannical and refuses to step down peacefully."

I hope all these people understand, however, that no weapons we own can ever possibly substitute for courage. If confiscation comes, those who spinelessly bury or hide their guns will be part of the problem and should be viewed as traitors, since such people will be making the going much harder for those who resist. Numbers are one of the few factors we'll have in our favor if the SHTF, but that won't do us much good if huge numbers of people pussy out, hoping that someone else will take care of the problem.
    "Man lives freely only by his readiness to die." -- Mohandas K. Gandhi

"Generally speaking, the way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death." -- Miyamoto Musashi

Some more pics from Albany, NY

Meanwhile in Buffalo, NY...

Quote Originally Posted by GuerrillaXXI View Post
    If confiscation comes, those who spinelessly bury or hide their guns will be part of the problem and should be viewed as traitors, since such people will be making the going much harder for those who resist.
    I disagree with that statement. Cache is good. Dig up when needed; secure until.

I'd much rather be mobile with remotely secured/hidden possessions, than left defending a fat stash.

The unannounced day they come locked and loaded to your door is not the day to fight; its the day to hand over your Red Rider bb gun and smile.

Its what happens the next day that counts.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by rprprs View Post
    I thought I recognized him.
    Oh, well, props to him anyway.
    Here is a fun video. Check the other side of the sign.

The media is big time under-reporting the crowds. Here in Boston they are saying 200-400 but in reality it was more like 1500-2000.

nh was a good time but like someone mentioned there is another rally on Thursday

Due to the recent unconstitutional attacks on American's 2nd Amendment rights as well as a list of assaults on our Constitution I felt it was time to make a public stand and statement. On Thursday January 31st from Noon until 2 PM there will be a rally held in front of the NH Statehouse. This rally is not like others, this time we are going to have presented to our Governor, State Senate and State Legislature a document reminding them of their oath to the U.S. Constitution as well as the NH Constitution. This document will spell out clearly their obligations under law (the Constitution) and the remedies for us the People if and when they decide to break their oath. Lawlessness will not be tolerated by our "public servants" any longer, they must obey the Constitution and passing or enforcing any unconstitutional laws from Washington DC will not be tolerated.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Someone who carries around a sign saying "don't ban assault rifles" is just playing into the left's hands. There's no such thing as an "assault rifle." That was just a term created by the left to make semi automatic guns less popular.
    Actually I just learned myself that "Assault Rifle" is a military term that refers to lightweight fully automatic firearms like the M-16. Semi-auto versions are NOT assault rifles so the gun-grabbers INVENTED a new label, "Assault Weapon" so they could demonize pretty much any firearm that shoots semi-auto. "Assault Weapon" is a scary term that is useful for propaganda to sway the uninformed masses...

I recently saw a great youtube explanation of this, but damned if I can find it now, sorry.
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Actually I just learned myself that "Assault Rifle" is a military term that refers to lightweight fully automatic firearms like the M-16. Semi-auto versions are NOT assault rifles so the gun-grabbers INVENTED a new label, "Assault Weapon" so they could demonize pretty much any firearm that shoots semi-auto. "Assault Weapon" is a scary term that is useful for propaganda to sway the uninformed masses...

I recently saw a great youtube explanation of this, but damned if I can find it now, sorry.
    Last edited by S.Shorland; 01-20-2013 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    No, there is a such thing as an assault rifle, its just that the gun grabbers got there terms confused.
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

Quote Originally Posted by rprprs View Post
    I was afraid of that...lol. I thought I recognized him.
    Oh, well, props to him anyway. But please, next time...spell check.
    Definitely on the spell checking, haha. Was a funny mess up, but you don't want to give
    people any ammunition against us defending the 2nd with some crap about "hating homosexuals."

Anyway, right on to those helping us in the fight. Much respect.

The revolution continues!

http://www.azcentral.com/news/politi...t-phoenix.html

Some attendees complained that officers were photographing protesters and wanted to know why.

When asked, a DPS official said “it’s common practice for the police to gather intel at all types of rallies” without elaborating further.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

This is just like the tea party of '08/'09

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast