Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homeland Security has advice for confronting mass murders: scissors

Homeland Security has advice for confronting mass murders: scissors

Those cynics who claim the Department of Homeland Security is more concerned with expanding government power than with the safety of Americans need to read this handy advice about what to do if a madman attacks your workplace. Step one: Cower. Here's how: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...puVezePd6trYoM

“To protect your hiding place, lock the door if you can. Block the door with heavy furniture,” recommends the male narrator, speaking in measured, authoritative tones.

Other survival strategies promoted in the video include hiding “behind large items such as cabinets or desks. Remain quiet. Silence your cellphone or pager. Even the vibration setting can give away a hiding position.”

That's great advice. However, my new cell phone and I do not get along very well. Even when I'm not being fired at by a lunatic with a gun, I have difficulty figuring out how to set my phone to vibrate. No matter what I push, I get the message "You have selected AT&T's Premium Text Messaging Service. A charge of $6,000.29 will appear on your next bill." So I can just imagine myself fumbling with my cell phone while Omar Thornton is stalking the cubicles searching for co-workers to aerate.

The DHS video even provides this tip on how to take a stand against your murderer:

“If you are caught out in the open and cannot conceal yourself or take cover, you might consider trying to overpower the shooter with whatever means are available,” says the narrator in the video, which shows an office worker pulling scissors out of a desk drawer.

Because, obviously, no one would have something as icky and scary as a handgun at work. So behold the weapon of choice of Metrosexual America:

But then, it's just a matter of time until liberals and Neocons start demanding scissor registration. Me, I'm stocking up on these babies. Let Diane Feinstein try and stop me. Molon labe!

http://lsrebellion.blogspot.com/2013...dvice-for.html
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Those brightly colored safety scissors are pretty terrifying...
    "I'm tired of staring out at your vacant faces looking back at me, wanting me to fill your empty lives with humor you couldn't possibly think of yourselves." `Bill Hicks.

Libertarian Apparel

This society has done a very good job of turning people into subservient and dependent sissies. They can have their scissors, I am going to have my pistol.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by AFPVet View Post
    This society has done a very good job of turning people into subservient and dependent sissies. They can have their scissors, I am going to have my pistol.
    I want a pistol that shoots scissors. With a 30-scissors magazine.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Makes sense to me. After all, the supposed hijackers on 9/11 used box cutters.
    Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    I want a pistol that shoots scissors. With a 30-scissors magazine.
    ME TOO!
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

"Remember, walk, do not run, after your attacker when brandishing assault scissors."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by VBRonPaulFan View Post
    "Remember, walk, do not run, after your attacker when brandishing assault scissors."
    Thread winner!
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    ME TOO!
    Send it to kindergarten...

Scissors? Better keep some paper handy, too.

After all, Mr. Terrorist might have a rock ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Scissors? Better keep some paper handy, too.

After all, Mr. Terrorist might be armed with a rock ...
    Or high on one.......
    "The Patriarch"

Then they can have my scissors, and I will take their AR 15s and hollow point bullets.

Deal?
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Then they can have my scissors, and I will take their AR 15s and hollow point bullets.

Deal?
    Full belly laugh.
    "The Patriarch"

any perpetrator would be blinded with those colors !!
    Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Better get yourself a set of laser-sighted assault scissors before Feinstein goes after those as well.

And they can have my high-capacity paper clip holder when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers!
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

The story sounds silly, but if you have weapons training, you can use scissors as a good weapon. Learn your knife and sai katas, and you're good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Has anyone read the DHS budgets and their actions? This years is 200 pages, and DHS is now running screenings in multiple countries. Outright crazy Communists

FY2013 Budget: hXXp://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/mgmt/dhs-budget-in-brief-fy2013.pdf
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

But then, it's just a matter of time until liberals and Neocons start demanding scissor registration. Me, I'm stocking up on these babies. Let Diane Feinstein try and stop me. Molon labe!
    They're going to make me register my entire body and all my possessions as weapons. The future is fail. I shall do my best to fend them off with my bow staff and various other Japanese weapons.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I prefer:

Attachment 1729

Black, scary, looks military-ish.
    They're probably going to be banned soon.
    Better stock up.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    I prefer:

Attachment 1729

Black, scary, looks military-ish.
    They're probably going to be banned soon.
    Better stock up.
    Racist.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Racist.
    Zuh?

Because, obviously, no one would have something as icky and scary as a handgun at work. So behold the weapon of choice of Metrosexual America:
    ^^^^

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Breaking News: Diane Feinstein introduces bill in Senate to ban scissors.
    Insanity should be defined as trusting the government to solve a problem they caused in the first place. Please do not go insane!

They will not even allow my scissors on the plane .....

Fear-mongering propaganda as a means of inducing rabbit-like quiescence among the general population has sunk to a sad and pathetic estate - a lame echo of halcyon days of Red scares and fallout shelters.

Once upon a time, it was "duck and cover" when the Godless Commies of the Evil Empire unleash world-ending Armageddon.

Now, its just "cower and hide" when a scary bad man comes around ....
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

lol there was a show where this girl is cursed with a crab spirit and she can summon office supplies that she takes out under her clothes.. and her signature weapon is a stapler.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast