Thread: Ron Paul Slams America’s ‘King Of The World’ Foreign Policy On Fox, Next Guest Fires Back

Ron Paul Slams America’s ‘King Of The World’ Foreign Policy On Fox, Next Guest Fires Back

"Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “[He said] we shouldn’t act like kings of the world. Well, if we acted like kings of the world much more often and showed how powerful we were, we wouldn’t have all the mayhem.”
    Well, talk about completely missing the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Britannia View Post
    Well, talk about completely missing the point.
    he's the CIA guy who endorses waterboarding. I don't think he is very bright.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    he's the CIA guy who endorses waterboarding. I don't think he is very bright.
    I don't think it would take Hercule Poirot to work that one out

Did Cavuto tell him 'shut up,you're an idiot'? Then maybe the audience couldn't tell?

So Simmons argument is that $1.5 TRILLION foreign policy per year isn't enough to be "Kings of the World"? How many TRILLIONS does he believe we should spend to put goat herders into submission? HOW MUCH DO WE BORROW TO ENSURE THAT NO ONE EVER RETALIATES AGAINST AMERICAN FORCES OVERSEAS? What does that cost?

Give us your checkbook Simmons so we can drain your accounts first THEN maybe we talk about how much the rest of us should spend in blood and treasure.

$#@!head.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-20-2013 at 04:47 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Britannia View Post
    I don't think it would take Hercule Poirot to work that one out
    Nor Sherlock, either!
    "Oh no! Not this shit again?"
    Constitutional Libertarian Federalist

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    So Simmons argument is that $1.5 TRILLION foreign policy per year isn't enough to be "Kings of the World"? How many TRILLIONS does he believe we should spend to put goat herders into submission? HOW MUCH DO WE BORROW TO ENSURE THAT NO ONE EVER RETALIATES AGAINST AMERICAN FORCES OVERSEAS? What does that cost?
    Give us your checkbook Simmons so we can drain your accounts first THEN maybe we talk about how much the rest of us should spend in blood and treasure.
    $#@!head.
    and i wouldn't be surprised to find that none of his sons or daughters are there fighting these endless wars !
    Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by qh4dotcom; 01-22-2013 at 12:07 AM.

We have to beat the drums of war in this hatred and go over and do these things and then all of a sudden we have an epidemic of suicides of American soldiers that come back, who ask, ‘What am I doing over here shooting drone missiles and little kids dying?’”
    - Ron Paul

"Failing to meet the promises we have made to our troops would be unjust and immoral," Paul said in an open letter to Obama. "Our military men and women have fought bravely. In exchange, our country made a promise to them, and we must honor it."
    - Ron Paul
    http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch...an-health-care
    Hmmm...one of the few instances I can think of that Dr. Paul is clearly wrong.

So the military have fought bravely by shooting drone missiles and killing little kids? Seems to me that's what a coward would do, not a brave man.

and not rewarding the military with benefits for shooting drone missiles and killing little kids is unjust and immoral? Isn't the country too broke and can't afford to keep rewarding the military for shooting drone missiles and killing little kids? Isn't it un-libertarian for the government to extort money from me every April 15th and give it to someone who is shooting drone missiles and killing little kids?

and what about the promise the military made to defend and uphold the Constitution, to refuse to obey any unconstitutional orders and refuse to participate in unconstitutional wars? If the military can't keep the promise it has made to the country....why should the country honor the promises it has made to the military?

This sure seems inconsistent with his non-interventionist foreign policy and his record of voting against war funding.
    Last edited by qh4dotcom; 01-21-2013 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    Hmmm...one of the few instances I can think of that Dr. Paul is clearly wrong.

So the military have fought bravely by shooting drone missiles and killing little kids?

and not rewarding them with benefits for shooting drone missiles and killing little kids is unjust and immoral? Isn't the country too broke to keep rewarding the military for shooting drone missiles and killing little kids? Ins't it un-libertarian to steal money from me and give it to someone who is shooting drone missiles and killing little kids?

This sure seems inconsistent with his non-interventionist foreign policy.
    I agree. There is nothing brave about volunteering to enlist knowing full well what you'd be required to do, especially in an age where all of this information is well-documented and available for all to see on the internet.

Even though I'm disappointed with Paul's comments, I'm not surprised given how the American public reacts when anyone remotely criticizes the military (which in their minds automatically translates to "You don't like troops so if you don't like this country, than you can git out!").

What is also unjust and immoral is breach of contract for services already performed, just to free up money to spend more somewhere else. He feels the same about social security and medicare, not that it won't NEED changes, but that it should be priority over new military excursions and corporate handouts and other unconstitutional spending.

His views on military are in part from his trying to patch up 18 year olds coming back from Vietnam who had lost parts etc. 18 year olds are asking 'how do I get a job/ how do I go to college in this economy?'. He sees how much is spent on other programs while the discussion is turned to benefits for those who paid in or contracted for them and performed their jobs. Congress sure doesn't want to critique spending new money on crony funded projects. You saw his budget.

He'd keep the contracts by bringing current military home, and their wages spent here would stimulate the economy HERE. He worked out a plan.

there may be other plans out there that work, but I haven't seen them.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-21-2013 at 01:43 PM.

So Cavuto, why did you allow this war-mongering satan disciple follow Dr. Paul?....

makes me go hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by NIU Students for Liberty View Post
    I agree. There is nothing brave about volunteering to enlist knowing full well what you'd be required to do, especially in an age where all of this information is well-documented and available for all to see on the internet.

Even though I'm disappointed with Paul's comments, I'm not surprised given how the American public reacts when anyone remotely criticizes the military (which in their minds automatically translates to "You don't like troops so if you don't like this country, than you can git out!").
    Good point