Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Ron Paul book "Swords into Plowshares" comes out on Friday, July 17th

New Ron Paul book "Swords into Plowshares" comes out on Friday, July 17th

Swords into Plowshares

Paperback – July 17, 2015

by Ron Paul (Author), Adam Dick (Editor)

In his latest book, Swords into Plowshares, Dr. Paul reveals an intensely personal side as he reflects on growing up during World War II. The book also provides a powerful critique of the corruption and corrosion produced by a 20th century full of war and killing. Ever the optimist, however, Paul leaves behind the ashes of a 20th century of war to finish with a stirring, liberating view of the future we may choose if we turn from war and violence.

Product Details

Paperback: 237 pages
    Publisher: Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity (July 17, 2015)
    Language: English
    ISBN-10: 0996426507
    ISBN-13: 978-0996426503
    http://www.amazon.com/Swords-into-Pl.../dp/0996426507
    Last edited by jct74; 07-04-2015 at 12:37 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great title.

Does Ron write his books? He keeps churning them out.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Yeah, too many for my taste plus a cheesy title straight from middle ages, before Columbus "discovered" America.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Some I'm sure he does, some he lets Tom Woods do the work.

Tom Woods is one of the clumsiest ghostwriters. He really embarrassed everyone around him unnecessarily. lol, he even wrote his own glowing review of his own book pretending it was Ron's.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Yeah, too many for my taste plus a cheesy title straight from middle ages, before Columbus "discovered" America.
    Huh? That is a phrase from the Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post

Tom Woods is one of the clumsiest ghostwriters. He really embarrassed everyone around him unnecessarily. lol, he even wrote his own glowing review of his own book pretending it was Ron's.
    Example?

Which book was that?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Huh? That is a phrase from the Bible.
    Even worse.

Even worse.
    Why's that?

Why's that?
    Limited appeal.

Jesse - is that you?

Limited appeal.
    For who?

For who?
    Anybody except the Amish.

Anybody except the Amish.
    Do you know what the Amish believe?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Jesse - is that you?

Tom Woods is a lousy ghostwriter. Making an obvious observation is not something that Benton typically does.
    Last edited by jj-; 07-04-2015 at 03:17 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Tom Woods is a lousy ghostwriter. Making an obvious observation is not something that Benton typically does.
    Slamming Tom Woods for no apparent reason is something that Benton routinely does.

Slamming Tom Woods for no apparent reason is something that Benton routinely does.
    the reason is being a lousy ghostwriter.

the reason is being a lousy ghostwriter.
    Do we have a pattern here - lousy ghostwriter, lousy campaign manager ? Why are the Pauls surrounding themselves with such people ?

Do we have a pattern here - lousy ghostwriter, lousy campaign manager ? Why are the Pauls surrounding themselves with such people ?
    The weirdest thing is the follower who thinks that if you notice the ghostwriter is lousy, you must be the lousy former campaign manager!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the 1st time Dr. Paul has a photo of himself on the cover. I remember that stood out quite a bit and was discussed around here during the 2008 & 2012 campaigns, when all other candidates had their mug on their books but he'd chosen to stay away from that. I wonder what changed but I'm glad he's going for the 'Gentle Grandpa' vibe this time... how could anyone not like him?
    Last edited by SneakyFrenchSpy; 07-04-2015 at 03:53 PM.
    "There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

And that I think, was the handle. That sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave." ~ HST

The weirdest thing is the follower who thinks that if you notice the ghostwriter is lousy, you must be the lousy former campaign manager!
    What piqued my interest wasn't that observation, it was this:
    lol, he even wrote his own glowing review of his own book pretending it was Ron's.
    That seems like something only an insider would know. And Jesse is the only insider I know of that never misses the chance to trash Tom.

What piqued my interest wasn't that observation, it was this: That seems like something only an insider would know. And Jesse is the only insider I know of that never misses the chance to trash Tom.
    These guys are old pals

What piqued my interest wasn't that observation, it was this: That seems like something only an insider would know. And Jesse is the only insider I know of that never misses the chance to trash Tom.
    No, I recall that being pointed out and mocked way back when.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    No, I recall that being pointed out and mocked way back when.
    Wait - are you telling me I may be wrong about something? That would make twice in a day. Blasphemy, I say.

(not really. I probably missed it. )

It's an interesting title. I'll definitely buy it. Nobody here has ever made the choice between swords and a plow made from swords. 95% here have never owned either object. I expect it will be a great anti-war book.

Maybe a more relate-able title could be "Turning recycled chairs into drones".

Title is good Biblical reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Wonder if he will cover Chris Kyle.

"As a veteran, I certainly recognize that this weekend's violence and killing of Chris Kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Kyle’s family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies. -REP"

Banned

Blog Entries
    The only weirder thing would be if you actually were Jesse.

I think the title is great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast