Thread: Dr. Peter Breggin, expert on psychiatric drug abuse on radio Saturday

Dr. Peter Breggin, expert on psychiatric drug abuse on radio Saturday

Dr. Peter Breggin, world-renowned expert and author on psychiatric polypharmacy joins me to discuss the possible connection between selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and homicidality. Also, more on the gun-grabbing slime and the president who not only had fake, crocodile tears for the children in Newton but is actively using children to push his anti-human gun-grabbing agenda.

Show is 8:00pm eastern/7pm central. For more info/to listen live: http://cbrons.com/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Breggin was on coast to coast AM again last night as well.

First hour guest, Dr. Peter Breggin talked about the recent shootings and their possible relationship to psychiatric drugs. He lamented that the Obama administration has been pushing psychiatry as part of the effort to make schools safer. But psychiatrists typically prescribe medications to children, which "vastly empowers the drug companies," and it's fascistic to rely on psychiatry to police us, he commented. Further, data shows that people on antidepressants are 840% more likely to commit violence than if they were on other types of prescription drugs, he noted, adding that increased aggression and hostility were associated with antidepressants, stimulants, and mood stabilizers.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Breggin was on coast to coast AM again last night as well.
    Further, data shows that people on antidepressants are 840% more likely to commit violence than if they were on other types of prescription drugs, he noted, adding that increased aggression and hostility were associated with antidepressants, stimulants, and mood stabilizers.
    this is why it is a National Emergency

840% more likely to commit violence than if they were on other types of prescription drugs, (How much more than if they weren't taking any Pharma poisons?)
    What if the DroneBomber himself is on these SSRI's? What if half of Congress is drugged up on these mind bending suicide pills?
    What about all the returning vets who've been pumped full of this crap?

America's Medicated Army

At least 115 soldiers killed themselves last year, including 36 in Iraq and Afghanistan, the Army said on May 29. That's the highest toll since it started keeping such records in 1980. Nearly 40% of Army suicide victims in 2006 and 2007 took psychotropic drugs — overwhelmingly, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) like Prozac and Zoloft. While the Army cites failed relationships as the primary cause, some outside experts sense a link between suicides and prescription-drug use — though there is also no way of knowing how many suicide attempts the antidepressants may have prevented by improving a soldier's spirits. "The high percentage of U.S. soldiers attempting suicide after taking SSRIs should raise serious concerns," says Dr. Joseph Glenmullen, who teaches psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. "And there's no question they're using them to prop people up in difficult circumstances."
    http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...2055-1,00.html
    Last edited by Peace Piper; 01-18-2013 at 08:25 PM.

I love this guy! Medication Madness is a great book! I hope I can tune into this interview.

I had to read his book, "Toxic Psychiatry", for this course I took. He's also written one about Prozac that I've got in my office. Interesting reads.

I wish they would ban big pharma...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I tuned in late, only to hear ~45 minutes about "Bung Fries" -(seriously).

I wish I could have that time back.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    You have to ban Big Government first--they protect Big Pharma!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner