Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: West Point center Cites Danger From 'Far Right'

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

West Point center Cites Danger From 'Far Right'

I hope all the good, little officers are taking notes....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-far-right-us/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote about sums it up, although it may have come from a neocon

A Republican congressional staffer who served in the military told The Washington Times: “If [the Defense Department] is looking for places to cut spending, this junk study is ground zero.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

This whole column needs to be posted;

A West Point think tank has issued a paper warning America about “far right” groups such as the “anti-federalist” movement, which supports “civil activism, individual freedoms and self-government.”

The report issued this week by the Combating Terrorism Center at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, N.Y., is titled “Challengers from the Sidelines: Understanding America’s Violent Far-Right.”

The center — part of the institution where men and women are molded into Army officers — posted the report Tuesday. It lumps limited government activists with three movements it identifies as “a racist/white supremacy movement, an anti-federalist movement and a fundamentalist movement.”

The West Point center typically focuses reports on al Qaeda and other Islamic extremists attempting to gain power in Asia, the Middle East and Africa through violence.

But its latest study turns inward and paints a broad brush of people it considers “far right.”

It says anti-federalists “espouse strong convictions regarding the federal government, believing it to be corrupt and tyrannical, with a natural tendency to intrude on individuals’ civil and constitutional rights. Finally, they support civil activism, individual freedoms, and self government. Extremists in the anti-federalist movement direct most their violence against the federal government and its proxies in law enforcement.”

The report also draws a link between the mainstream conservative movement and the violent “far right,” and describes liberals as “future oriented” and conservatives as living in the past.

“While liberal worldviews are future- or progressive -oriented, conservative perspectives are more past-oriented, and in general, are interested in preserving the status quo.” the report says. “The far right represents a more extreme version of conservatism, as its political vision is usually justified by the aspiration to restore or preserve values and practices that are part of the idealized historical heritage of the nation or ethnic community.”

The report adds: “While far-right groups’ ideology is designed to exclude minorities and foreigners, the liberal-democratic system is designed to emphasize civil rights, minority rights and the balance of power.”

The report says there were 350 “attacks initiated by far-right groups/individuals” in 2011.

Details about what makes an attack a “far right” action are not clear in the report, which was written by Arie Perliger, who directs the center’s terrorism studies and teaches social sciences at West Point.

A Republican congressional staffer who served in the military told The Washington Times: “If [the Defense Department] is looking for places to cut spending, this junk study is ground zero.

“Shouldn’t the Combating Terrorism Center be combating radical Islam around the globe instead of perpetuating the left’s myth that right-wingers are terrorists?” the staffer said. “The $64,000 dollar question is when will the Combating Terrorism Center publish their study on real left-wing terrorists like the Animal Liberation Front, Earth Liberation Front, and the Weather Underground?”

And people are making jokes about feeling uneasy.....http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Uneasy-Feeling...
    "The Patriarch"

Wow. just wow.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Why are they becoming political is the real question. Anti-Federalism was a main stay movement in this country although not of late.

Don't tread on me BRO!
    Last edited by QuickZ06; 01-18-2013 at 11:33 AM.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

So a quick google search reveals that this Professor is from Israel, and has written pieces like this before:

http://www.ctc.usma.edu/posts/identi...-united-states

http://commcgi.cc.stonybrook.edu/am2...rofessor.shtml

According to this blog, he used to have his own website, and linked to the SPLC (no surprise there):

Now, all of Perliger's previous research and experience has been in Israeli "right-wing extremism," see here, here, and here.
    Apparently, however, Perliger is now branching out, into a subject about which he apparently knows exactly . . . dick. First evidence? Look at his sources listed on his website:
    Predictably, under "Relevant links" lists The Southern Preposterous Lie Center and under "Datasets" lists SPLC's "Hate Incidents."

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogsp...-anti.html?m=1
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    So a quick google search reveals that this Professor is from Israel, and has written pieces like this before:

http://www.ctc.usma.edu/posts/identi...-united-states

http://commcgi.cc.stonybrook.edu/am2...rofessor.shtml

According to this blog, he used to have his own website, and linked to the SPLC (no surprise there):
    SPLC, no surprise there. I'm hard pressed to think of a worse organization.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They are probably calling it the AF movement cuz of our own resident AF

Mad props.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Thats weird, because I saw a what must have been about an 80 year old lady with a Ron Paul bumper sticker on her car the other day. I was scared out of my mind....from her driving.
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

Banned

Blog Entries
    LoL.

Silly west point.
    Don't they know calling people far right will only further make their own recruits feel like their own government is the enemy, if they consider themselves "far right". Most soldiers and officers are "right wing" anyway.

You know, we are living in some times of incredible stupidity and incompetence from the pentagon. I mean, first they let planes blow up their own building and two skyscrapers, then they get bogged down in a war in Afghanistan, then they make the war in iraq last 6 years longer than it was supposed to, and now they are disenfranchising their own recruits.

Every time these silly boobs talk, it just becomes more and more apparent how clueless, out of touch, and inept they really are.
    Last edited by UWDude; 01-18-2013 at 01:01 AM.

I love how the study leaps from White Supremacy to Anti-Federalist and then lumps them in the same category? WTF?
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

Besides them trying to tie in with the racist bull$#@! This is actually one of the few times the term "far right" is used accurately. Unlike for example, calling those against gay marriage "far right".
    Last edited by dbill27; 01-18-2013 at 03:04 AM.
    "Look, the American people have chosen to have a fiat money standard because they want a welfare state. You cannot have a gold standard and a welfare state at the same time. You have to make the choice. We have made a decision as a society that we’ll be dealing with the welfare state." -Alan Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    They are probably calling it the AF movement cuz of our own resident AF

Mad props.
    I guess Danke really did report him...

Quote Originally Posted by AGRP View Post
    Thats weird, because I saw a what must have been about an 80 year old lady with a Ron Paul bumper sticker on her car the other day. I was scared out of my mind....from her driving.
    Her reactions may have been slow but the bumper sticker should have been a clue that her mind still worked...

Slowly but surely, the long gaze of the evil eye turns toward us...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Slowly but surely, the long gaze of the evil eye turns toward us...
    They've been turning for over 40 years, right now they're sharp and focused..

I'm not the far right, i'm the far up.
    The people who put out this study are the far down.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

The military aka standing armies, have always been used to oppress, suppress, and are the enforcement arm of tyranny. Why this surprises any of you is....surprising. The military is not 'Defense'. It is State-tyranny, offensively determined, and, controlled by the pyschopaths you rail about every day. I say ABOLISH THEE.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I hope all the good, little officers are taking notes....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-far-right-us/
    This is pretty bad news. The rot has hit the Point.

We may be in more trouble than even I think we are already facing. Not saying we are, but this is somewhat eye-opening.

If institutions like West Point and the Naval Academy are not immune to the rot, the argument against standing armies becomes all the more powerful and clear in the minds of thinking individuals.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

I wonder if the author has registered as a foreign agent, as he should have.

http://www.fara.gov/

The Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) was enacted in 1938. FARA is a disclosure statute that requires persons acting as agents of foreign principals in a political or quasi-political capacity to make periodic public disclosure of their relationship with the foreign principal, as well as activities, receipts and disbursements in support of those activities. Disclosure of the required information facilitates evaluation by the government and the American people of the statements and activities of such persons in light of their function as foreign agents. The FARA Registration Unit of the Counterespionage Section (CES) in the National Security Division (NSD) is responsible for the administration and enforcement of the Act.

Is FARA the only statute relating to the registration of agents?

No. The Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995 (LDA), 2 U.S.C. § 1601, removed from FARA a class of agents who are engaged in lobbying activities and who register under the LDA. This Act is administered by Congress.

18 U.S.C. § 951 provides criminal penalties for anyone, other than a diplomat, to operate as an agent of a foreign government without first notifying the Attorney General, unless the agent is engaged in legal commercial transaction. This statute is aimed at foreign government controlled agents engaged in non-political activities.

Also, 18 U.S.C. § 2386 requires registration by certain organizations which engage in political activity, civilian military activity, is under foreign control, or has as its purpose the overthrow the government by force.

Finally, 50 U.S.C. § 851, requires registration of persons who have knowledge of or have received instruction or assignment in espionage, counterespionage or sabotage service or tactics of a foreign country or political party.

See our related statutes page for more details.

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 01-18-2013 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    They've been turning for over 40 years, right now they're sharp and focused..
    Morder on Potomac, eh?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Morder on Potomac, eh?
    Folks have been posting that for a couple of days and either I'm just stupid or I've missed the relevance... Whatzit?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    So a quick google search reveals
    The usual suspects.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Folks have been posting that for a couple of days and either I'm just stupid or I've missed the relevance... Whatzit?
    As far as I know, it's a term coined by Mike Church, a radio host on SiriusXM, and Ron Paul supporter.

As far as I know, it's a term coined by Mike Church, a radio host on SiriusXM, and Ron Paul supporter.
    But what does it mean?

Mordor is the domain of Sauron, the evil lord, from the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Mordor is the domain of Sauron, the evil lord, from the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
    Thank you!

+rep

From atricle
    The report says there were 350 “attacks initiated by far-right groups/individuals” in 2011.
    I call Bullsh!t.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast