Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: West Point center Cites Danger From 'Far Right'

Is it radical anymore to suggest that they are preparing for a war?

The parallels between what we're seeing today and the era leading up to Hitler's Germany are astonishing.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So the feeling I'm having after reading that. Is that similar to the feelings the Jews were feeling after Hitler came to power?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post

The parallels between what we're seeing today and the era leading up to Hitler's Germany are astonishing.
    glad I'm not the only one feeling that way!!

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    LoL.

Silly west point.
    Don't they know calling people far right will only further make their own recruits feel like their own government is the enemy, if they consider themselves "far right". Most soldiers and officers are "right wing" anyway.

You know, we are living in some times of incredible stupidity and incompetence from the pentagon. I mean, first they let planes blow up their own building and two skyscrapers, then they get bogged down in a war in Afghanistan, then they make the war in iraq last 6 years longer than it was supposed to, and now they are disenfranchising their own recruits.

Every time these silly boobs talk, it just becomes more and more apparent how clueless, out of touch, and inept they really are.
    You start with the youths, you change their thinking and then wait for your next push, when they are grown up. It's not TPTB being inept, it's them working the same M.O. they have for decades.

West Point, now part of the progressive democrat party!
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    glad I'm not the only one feeling that way!!
    I've been giving much thought lately to how divided this country is.

Unfortunately, we're not divided so much geographically, so if the SHTF, there'd be no front-lines, no Mason-Dixon line of the civil war. It would be urban versus rural. Your neighbor the statist and you the . . . non-statist living side-by-side when **** flies off the handle. = Mass chaos.

The irony of their stance is deafening.

They blame us, yet they never us have a voice in this government so how could we have been the ones doing wrong? They hate us, but they won't let us leave them (secede).

I wish at the very least people who believe certain things would all move to some states and those who believe other things would move to other states. But everyone is living side-by-side and yet we're more divided than ever.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 01-18-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

What's really funny is that a little more than a year and a half ago, I worked with a lady that had a son going into West Point. I had a really good working relationship with his mom, she was like my mom away from home, and so her son and I had quite a few conversations about the primaries and about the military etc... Well, when it was all confirmed that he was accepted I decided to just give him a piece of advice. I told him that he may have to find out the hard way that our military isn't the shining beacon he thought of it, and to just keep to his principles, even when what he was being taught went the exact opposite direction. He was shaken that I would question our military, and his mom was downright offended that I would say such a thing to her son. Unfortunately her and I no longer speak, I've since moved to another employer, and she moved to FL. I wonder if he remembered my warning, and what he will think when/if he reads this paper. I wonder what his mom will think, or if she even remembers that day.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Mordor is the domain of Sauron, the evil lord, from the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 01-18-2013 at 09:48 AM.

The report says there were 350 “attacks initiated by far-right groups/individuals” in 2011

Oh really now? That's interesting, because I don't recall a single news story definitively linking "far right wing" to any attacks, and the liberal media would have been all over it like stink on $#@!.

I do recall numerous stories presuming they were, and it turned out the attackers were far lefties(Loughner).
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

"They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    /thread_win

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    From article
    The report says there were 350 “attacks initiated by far-right groups/individuals” in 2011.
    I call Bullsh!t.
    Quote Originally Posted by coastie View Post
    Oh really now? That's interesting, because I don't recall a single news story definitively linking "far right wing" to any attacks, and the liberal media would have been all over it like stink on $#@!.

I do recall numerous stories presuming they were, and it turned out the attackers were far lefties(Loughner).
    It would be an extremely safe bet that a statistic like that came from the SPLC. A relevant question would be "who paid for this report to be produced"? Taxpayers? Was the SPLC data used free of charge, or were they paid? Did they collaborate on the report, or just influence it?
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 01-18-2013 at 01:34 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

West Point cites dangers of 'anti-federalists' in U.S.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-far-right-us/

A West Point think tank has issued a paper warning America about “far right” groups such as the “anti-federalist” movement, which supports “civil activism, individual freedoms and self-government.”

The report issued this week by the Combating Terrorism Center at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, N.Y., is titled “Challengers from the Sidelines: Understanding America’s Violent Far-Right.”

The center — part of the institution where men and women are molded into Army officers — posted the report Tuesday. It lumps limited government activists with three movements it identifies as “a racist/white supremacy movement, an anti-federalist movement and a fundamentalist movement.”

The West Point center typically focuses reports on al Qaeda and other Islamic extremists attempting to gain power in Asia, the Middle East and Africa through violence.

But its latest study turns inward and paints a broad brush of people it considers “far right.”

It says anti-federalists “espouse strong convictions regarding the federal government, believing it to be corrupt and tyrannical, with a natural tendency to intrude on individuals’ civil and constitutional rights. Finally, they support civil activism, individual freedoms, and self government. Extremists in the anti-federalist movement direct most their violence against the federal government and its proxies in law enforcement.”

The report also draws a link between the mainstream conservative movement and the violent “far right,” and describes liberals as “future oriented” and conservatives as living in the past.

“While liberal worldviews are future- or progressive -oriented, conservative perspectives are more past-oriented, and in general, are interested in preserving the status quo.” the report says. “The far right represents a more extreme version of conservatism, as its political vision is usually justified by the aspiration to restore or preserve values and practices that are part of the idealized historical heritage of the nation or ethnic community.”

The report adds: “While far-right groups’ ideology is designed to exclude minorities and foreigners, the liberal-democratic system is designed to emphasize civil rights, minority rights and the balance of power.”

The report says there were 350 “attacks initiated by far-right groups/individuals” in 2011.

Details about what makes an attack a “far right” action are not clear in the report, which was written by Arie Perliger, who directs the center’s terrorism studies and teaches social sciences at West Point.

A Republican congressional staffer who served in the military told The Washington Times: “If [the Defense Department] is looking for places to cut spending, this junk study is ground zero.

“Shouldn’t the Combating Terrorism Center be combating radical Islam around the globe instead of perpetuating the left’s myth that right-wingers are terrorists?” the staffer said. “The $64,000 dollar question is when will the Combating Terrorism Center publish their study on real left-wing terrorists like the Animal Liberation Front, Earth Liberation Front, and the Weather Underground?”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2IM0hExuP
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Honestly I'm convinced that if AF wasn't such a vocal member here they wouldn't have even used that term.

AF deserves mad props for this.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Honestly I'm convinced that if AF wasn't such a vocal member here they wouldn't have even used that term.

Ha! Ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    8-|

You just won the internet, sir.

Well done.

I agree with you. I mean, any search related to anti government topics usually will show up on ronpaulforums.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Damn, sorry for double posting this. Will try to get it deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate View Post
    I guess Danke really did report him...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

And no AF today? Hmmm.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

And no AF today? Hmmm.
    I think Danke is just pissed off about his avatar and he took it out on AF.

It seems to me that real resistance will start at a low level: monkeywrenching and disrupting systems by individuals and small groups acting independently. This level of resistance may not be publicly reported at all in the hopes of keeping it from spreading. So it very well may already be happening at a significant level.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    Why are they becoming political is the real question. Anti-Federalism was a main stay movement in this country although not of late.
    What? You know, this goes to prove that the real enemy is confusion. Our Founders intended for us to be anti-federalists. Once again, the real war going on in this nation is the same old one between the new order our Founders established as a natural law when divorcing us out from the rule of a tyrant and the old puritan pagan order that existed prior.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    It seems to me that real resistance will start at a low level: monkeywrenching and disrupting systems by individuals and small groups acting independently. This level of resistance may not be publicly reported at all in the hopes of keeping it from spreading. So it very well may already be happening at a significant level.
    Yes. Think about it this way. Imagine you are black. Not Obama black, but a real black. Okay, the Federal cowards rile up your neighborhood inciting a race riot. When people do riot, instead of killing people of other races, they kill themselves and start burning down their own neighborhoods. This is the danger. The cowards up north won't come in with guns themselves. As tyranny continues its breaking down of what is left of our Union, the line dividing what is the government and what is organized crime disappears. In the old monarchies, this is how things were. This is how things work today in Mexico. Tyranny destabilizes like the social communists do. But the communists are least upfront about it as Castro in Cuba was when he said that the end justifies any amount of cruel means utilized to achieve it. Like killing a lot of elementary school children or mass murdering a lot of people at a movie theater.
    So, there really isn't any one out there to take out. This is the hideous problem. As long as we realize this, we won't appear as lunatics. Figure as our nation continues its exponential like accelerated fall towards tyranny, people will first mess with the police. This will be a time of chaos which the cowards up north will try to exacerbate.
    This is why I say we should be picketing only the media and the police. This tactic the northern cowards will use needs to be explained to them.
    Look, as a southerner has been painted a racist in pagan literature, we need to likewise understand all northerners as cowards. By coward, I mean they won't be coming after you personally with guns themselves. At first they will stir up riots. They will then declare Marshall law. This will cause problems between the people and the police.
    In my state of Texas, the Texas Rangers are supposed to be the militia protecting the people. But things have become corrupt. Instead, this militia protects those of the head, which is made up of the types of cowards I mention above, believing that, above all else, that their protection as the government takes precedence over the guarding of the body of the people. As the police have been created as an official force to protect these cowards, the people today have been left abandoned and unguarded by the militia.
    So, what is an African American to do when faced with these riots? Well, you love your neighbor as yourself. Any bastard who steps one foot on private property gets their ass blown away.
    If this sounds extremist, then call me an extremist.
    Those of the old Puritan pagan order are the ones who need to be killed as these cowards are today threatening the new order our Founders established for us within The Declaration of Independence and within the U.S. Constitution.
    Last edited by Uncle Emanuel Watkins; 01-18-2013 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post

Indeed, but outside of having brilliant rhetorical skills like Emperor Obama, Hitler could paint and was said to exhibit incredible courage.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Confederate View Post
    I think Danke is just pissed off about his avatar and he took it out on AF.
    He has been released. No further questions at this time.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    He has been released. No further questions at this time.
    Still AWOL from this thread.

Rumor has it he was posting in a doggy picture thread.

So a quick google search reveals that this Professor is from Israel, and has written pieces like this before:

http://www.ctc.usma.edu/posts/identi...-united-states

http://commcgi.cc.stonybrook.edu/am2...rofessor.shtml

According to this blog, he used to have his own website, and linked to the SPLC (no surprise there):
    My "kind" and "tolerant" and "benevolent" is just about used up.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    My "kind" and "tolerant" and "benevolent" is just about used up.
    You're famous my man!!! -- you've even spawned a "movement" comprised of those who +REP you the most.

"Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast