Thread: Politico: Paul forces vie for Alaska GOP control

Politico: Paul forces vie for Alaska GOP control

The 2012 Republican presidential primary season is long past, but tensions between Ron Paul supporters and state GOP establishments continue to linger in a variety of states.

In Alaska, where Paul forces wrested control of the state party in April, the transition has especially messy.

From the Anchorage Daily News:

A battle for control of the Alaska Republican Party between the party's establishment and the Tea Party-affiliated new guard is due to play out Thursday evening at Republican headquarters in Anchorage.

"I'm not sure what's going to happen tomorrow," said Russ Millette, the incoming party chairman.

Millette, incoming vice chairwoman Debra Holle Brown and two other party officials are facing internal party complaints filed by outgoing chairman Randy Ruedrich and the chairman of the party's rules committee, Frank McQueary. If both are ousted, it could lead to a new election for the party's top leaders.

Millette and Brown were elected at the party convention in April when Ron Paul supporters and other non-establishment party members, many recently affiliated as Republicans, showed up in large numbers. Millette was allied with Joe Miller, the Tea Party backed U.S. Senate candidate who beat Lisa Murkowski in the 2010 primary but lost to Murkowski in her historic write-in victory in the general election.
    more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/charli...499.html?hp=r8
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice pic, I like the Rigged sign.

wonder how this thing will go..

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    wonder how this thing will go..
    they have hardly been able to articulate even the pretense of a reason for recalling him, yet it will likely come down to votes present. Will the tea partiers we worked with show up? Will our folks?

And if we prevail they should support Willis for RNC chair, clearly more respect for the grass roots accomplishments is needed.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

This whole thing is starting to reek of out fraud.

Hope he has the resources to lawyer up if they steal the chairmanship.

It was last night. I don't know what happened. I'll look around later but now I have projects I have to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    This whole thing is starting to reek of out fraud.

Hope he has the resources to lawyer up if they steal the chairmanship.
    This charade resumes on the 1st per http://joemiller.us/2013/01/alaskas-...m_medium=email

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who needs absurd conspiracy theories when we have blatant, slap-you-in-the-face conspiracies, orchestrated by the Republican establishment to keep us down, happening almost daily?

After four hours of hearings, parliamentary maneuvering that demonstrated the overwhelming power of incumbency, and an ample measure of verbal sniping, the battle was rescheduled to resume Feb. 1. That's when incoming chairman Russ Millette and vice chairwoman Debbie Holle Brown are due to take office, and possibly the first day they could actually be removed by the Republican state executive committee under party rules.

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2013/01/17/275679...#storylink=cpy
    I hope we have the overwhelming power of incumbency on Feb 1

He might have to bite the bullet and say he voted for Mitt Romney.

After he becomes chairman, he can clarify that he was talking about voting for Romney in an internet poll for most handsome liberal.

I'm sorry, but this stuff just really gets me deep down inside:

"In Alaska, where Paul forces wrested control of the state party in April, the transition has especially messy."

Is there supposed to be a "been" in there somewhere?

Kathhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy88 heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllp....ahhh.
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 01-18-2013 at 09:08 PM.