Thread: Surprise in the mail

Surprise in the mail

So right before the crash, I got a manilla envelope in the mail. Inside two books, one was Frederic Bastiat's "The Law". I began reading it immediately. This is a book I have been planning on reading. It did not disappoint. As I got into "The Law" a few pages, I was surprised how accurate his predictions were, of course I realized he wasn't predicting the future, but explaining what was happening in his own time. Things never change.

The other book is "Tyranny Busters, The Sham and Shame of the Federal Income tax" by Michael Benoit. The envelope containing the books is from Michael Benoit. I think he ran for Congress or something he mailed me a letter several months back. The envelope asks for a small donation to cover the cost of the books and shipping and I will pay it as i am going to keep the books. At the risk of spamming our beloved forum I thought it would be okay to give him a little publicity. I also wonder if he is a member here.

I really enjoyed Bastiat and plan on reading it again, many great quotes. Now I will have to get the rest of his works.
    Last edited by Henry Rogue; 01-17-2013 at 09:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I got the exact same thing.I also have no idea who he is.I was going to google him but I haven't yet.
    I saved the letter and the return envelope and I will probably send him some money for the books but it isn't at the top of my to-do list.

Well i googled this guy and he seems like someone I would be more than happy to support for public office.
    http://michaelbenoit.org/economy.html

I still wonder how I was chosen to receive these 2 books out of the blue from somebody clear across the country I can't even vote for,and that is if he runs for something again in the future.

Anybody else receive these books?

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    Well i googled this guy and he seems like someone I would be more than happy to support for public office.
    http://michaelbenoit.org/economy.html
    Thanks for the link mad cow.

I still wonder how I was chosen to receive these 2 books out of the blue from somebody clear across the country I can't even vote for,and that is if he runs for something again in the future.

Anybody else receive these books?
    I think the only way that he could have gotten my name was through the Ron Paul campaign. I donated a lot of times and a lot of money. Wish I had that money now, cause I am low on funds.
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

Peace.

I know this guy. I'd used to get emails from him on various stories I'd post on my blog. I remember one instance I was promoting Murray Sabin. He wrote to tell me "That guy wants to build a wall between the US and Mexico!" Nice guy. Runs for Congress every chance.
    Last edited by green73; 01-18-2013 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    I know this guy. I'd used to get emails from him on various stories I'd post on my blog. I remember one instance I was promoting Murray Sabin. He wrote to tell me "That guy wants to build a wall between the US and Mexico!" Nice guy. Runs for Congress every chance.
    He should have been a member of RPF years ago. He could have been Gunny 2.0 and maybe gotten elected.

Peace.

Never too late. Maybe if enough people invite him when they send him a donation?

Got a new letter today,with another return envelope.

I guess he was using the FEC site or Open Secrets to choose who to send these books to.

The letter says that he sent 2,900 of them to the top 3,000 Ron Paul supporters at a cost of $29,000 and he is still $4,000 in the hole.
    I will send him some money for sure,just for all his effort if nothing else,but it does seem to be a curious marketing device.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I will send him some money for sure,just for all his effort if nothing else,but it does seem to be a curious marketing device.
    Curious, but effective.
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.