Thread: Obama p.o.'d over this NRA commerical!

Obama p.o.'d over this NRA commerical!

hehe....

hxxp://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/nra-commercial-calls-obama-elitist-hypocrite-article-1.1241044

The White House slammed the NRA as "cowardly" after the powerful gun lobby dragged President Obama's daughters into the raging debate over gun control by placing them in a controversial commercial.

Spokesman Jay Carney said the NRA crossed the line when the group referenced Sasha, 11, and Malia, 14, in a spot calling the commander-in-chief an “elitist hypocrite” because his girls get armed Secret Service protection.

"Most Americans agree that a president's children should not be used as pawns in a political fight. But to go so far as to make the safety of the President's children the subject of an attack ad is repugnant and cowardly,” Carney said Wednesday.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds like the ad hit its target.

What about the safety of everybody elses kids?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Sounds like the ad hit its target.
    On target, now it's time for some carpet bombing.
    "The Patriarch"

He said it's wrong to bring kids into this........... after making a gun control speech while surrounded by children.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    On target, now it's time for some carpet bombing.
    unfortuntely I don't much care for the proposal the NRA is pushing to put armed govt agents in all our schools.

unfortuntely I don't much care for the proposal the NRA is pushing to put armed govt agents in all our schools.
    I don't either, we have way too many armed government agents already. But it's great to point out his hypocrisy anyway.
    "The Patriarch"

Right, just don't prevent principals from carrying.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just get rid of schools being gun-free zones.There are plenty of teachers,nurses,janitors and such that would be happy to be armed in school if it weren't seriously illegal.Heck,parents and grandparents would be happy to volunteer if they could.

I can understand Obama being pissed. He sees himself as very, very important. Why? I don't know, he can be replaced tomorrow, but he doesn't see that. He doesn't understand that other peoples kids are just as important or more so, hell, my kid might invent free energy, that's more important than what his kids might do, right? Who knows? Maybe his kids will invent it, we don't know. That's the point. He doesn't know either.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    "Most Americans agree that a president's children should not be used as pawns in a political fight. But to go so far as to make the safety of the President's children the subject of an attack ad is repugnant and cowardly,” Carney said Wednesday.
    Double Standard:
    A president's children used as pawns in a political fight = BAD

Other people's children used as pawns in a political fight = GOOD

President Barack Obama signs a series of executive orders about the administration's new gun law proposals.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...#ixzz2IIAX6STK
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
    Last edited by Cleaner44; 01-17-2013 at 08:55 PM.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

This commercial is getting torn up in the media and by my lib friends.. I see the point that it makes, Obama's children are protected by guns, why shouldn't yours? But any attempts to try to make the point, and I just get treated like some kind of baby-killing monster.

Has anyone had a successful conversation around this ad?
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    Just get rid of schools being gun-free zones.There are plenty of teachers,nurses,janitors and such that would be happy to be armed in school if it weren't seriously illegal.Heck,parents and grandparents would be happy to volunteer if they could.
    Some states already are doing that, while others pass more gun restrictions on law abiding people.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Quote Originally Posted by V3n View Post
    This commercial is getting torn up in the media and by my lib friends.. I see the point that it makes, Obama's children are protected by guns, why shouldn't yours? But any attempts to try to make the point, and I just get treated like some kind of baby-killing monster.

There is no conversation to be had. You either get it or you don't.

Wish libertarians were a larger, better-funded group--I'd like to go farther and show all the children that were killed by gov't guns (mostly drones) under Obama's watch and ask the question "Who should really be disarmed in order to keep children safer?"
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Controlled opposition. Obama is clapping.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This.
    For Liberty - Feature-length doc about the 2008 R3V | Twitter

And that goon Chrisitie is saying the same thing... he supports the awb in his state. Clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Double Standard:

hispanic, black, white...

i think politicians try too hard to be "diverse".

also, where is the asian? lol. no asian representation? haha.

If he's p.o.'d the NRA did its job.

Quote Originally Posted by V3n View Post

Get me guess. They're pro-choice?
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    hispanic, black, white...

i think politicians try too hard to be "diverse".

also, where is the asian? lol. no asian representation? haha.
    They're probably spending their time in a better way, studying, instead of writing idiotic letters to a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    They're probably spending their time in a better way, studying, instead of writing idiotic letters to a moron.
    +rep on that
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.