Thread: Mark Sanford's Campaign Website is UP!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Personally, I'm not supporting him 100%, but I would be fine if he got elected. I have huge problems with a few of the other candidates. Sigh...I wish Tom Davis would run.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoa View Post
    Personally, I'm not supporting him 100%, but I would be fine if he got elected. I have huge problems with a few of the other candidates. Sigh...I wish Tom Davis would run.
    See? Now you understand my logic. Vote for Blandford in the primary, Sanford in the runoff (if there is one) and Sanford in the general.

I would vote for Blandford in the primary and general. First Libertarian Party member in the Congress? Hell yeah!
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post
    See? Now you understand my logic. Vote for Blandford in the primary, Sanford in the runoff (if there is one) and Sanford in the general.

I would vote for Blandford in the primary and general. First Libertarian Party member in the Congress? Hell yeah!
    No. Vote and support Gov. Mark Sanford 100%.

Colbert's sister is running. We need to get behind Mark from start to finish.

wtf? when did he announce he was running? This is great news. I remember his name being floated but i didn't know he was actually interested.

Donated $50. We need to rally around Sanford. There is no other liberty candidate who can win this primary.

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    wtf? when did he announce he was running? This is great news. I remember his name being floated but i didn't know he was actually interested.
    http://news.yahoo.com/stephen-colber...224607155.html

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hiking in the Appalachians? Even Soetoro has a hard time lying that bad..

Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    He was not referring to Colbert's sister but to Sanford.

and to the above post, there are 3 other Liberty candidates in the race. A runoff between two liberty candidates is far better than Sanford against the Establishment. Can't you see that?
    Inactive

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

He was not referring to Colbert's sister but to Sanford.

and to the above post, there are 3 other Liberty candidates in the race. A runoff between two liberty candidates is far better than Sanford against the Establishment. Can't you see that?
    Or all of the liberty candidates don't make it into the runoff and it's a runoff between two establishment candidates.

Does anyone know his stances on:

1. Foreign Policy
    2. Monetary policy

Plus I know he wants to cut the size of govt but how much?
    In 200 years the American people have replaced 1 dictator 3,000 miles away with 3,000 dictators 1 mile away.

It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.--Benjamin Franklin

No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe
    while our legislature is in session
    .--Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by lx43 View Post

1. Foreign Policy
    2. Monetary policy

I don't know but he was a big Ron Paul fan back when it wasn't popular to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by lx43 View Post

1. Foreign Policy
    2. Monetary policy

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...volution/1498/

http://ivn.us/2013/01/12/former-sout...-for-congress/

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    Or all of the liberty candidates don't make it into the runoff and it's a runoff between two establishment candidates.
    Yeah, with Sanford's money he's totally going to lose to a State Sen.
    Inactive

― Dhammapada, v. 61

Yeah, with Sanford's money he's totally going to lose to a State Sen.
    State senators are usually pretty powerful when running for a House seat and this one is willing to spend 400K I believe.

I would vote Sanford all the way. There is no reason not to.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Second article shows he caved on domestic violence issues once he was governor; after opposing increased penalties in Congress, he signed them into law as governor.

How cute. Vote against it when there's nothing on the line for you, and support it when your ass is on the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Second article shows he caved on domestic violence issues once he was governor; after opposing increased penalties in Congress, he signed them into law as governor.

How cute. Vote against it when there's nothing on the line for you, and support it when your ass is on the line.
    Domestic violence is not a federal issue, but it is a state issue. Simple constitutionality test.

I support domestic violence penalties, as do all non-anarchist libertarians.
    Last edited by SpreadOfLiberty; 01-19-2013 at 10:29 PM.

sounds pretty good based on those articles.

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOfLiberty View Post
    Domestic violence is not a federal issue, but it is a state issue. Simple constitutionality test.

I support domestic violence penalties, as do all non-anarchist libertarians.
    You might want to learn more about libertarianism if you think it is supportive of special interest penalties. What next, hate crime laws?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

So, is he going out and campaigning or is just sitting back and letting his name do all the work for him. I'll donate to him once I see him out and about showing he's serious about winning.

He's still very popular in SC and arguably more popular than Haley even in the state. I certainly want to see some campaigning and a solid policy platform but he's off to a good start.

Re: Colbert's sister. Talk about an opportunist.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book