Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 54,000 mexican sign petition for US gun control

54,000 mexican sign petition for US gun control

http://news.yahoo.com/54-000-mexican...203836993.html

MEXICO CITY (AP) — More than 54,000 Mexicans have signed a petition calling on the United States to take further steps to combat weapons trafficking.

Mexico says the majority of guns used by the country's violent drug cartels are smuggled over the border from the United States.

Mexico's best-known anti-violence activist and a prominent intellectual presented the petition at the U.S. embassy Monday.

Activist Javier Sicilia said "The United States is partly responsible for our humanitarian tragedy."

About 70,000 people have died in Mexico in drug violence since 2006, according to the written copy of a speech presented by Mexico's interior secretary in December.

Before the activists presented their petition, President Barack Obama said Monday he would present a new U.S. gun control plan within days.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The United States IS partly responsible for their humanitarian tragedy - due to the drug war.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Shut up, Mexicans.

I want to start a petition banning bad Mexican food.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

The United States had no hand in your foolish decision to disarm the people, thereby giving them no defense from drug cartels and government thugs, who are often hard to tell the difference between.

Instead, how about you complain about programs like Fast and Furious. Oh wait, you won't, because that doesn't fit in with your narrative about our right to bear arms harming your nation, which is crumbling apart around you.

I'm just so done with horse$#@! like this. Take responsibility, Mexico, and learn from your own mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

How is keeping weapons out of the hands of law abiding American citizens going to stop the US government from shipping more arms to Mexican drug cartels?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate View Post
    Shut up, Mexicans.
    They never do.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    How is keeping weapons out of the hands of law abiding American citizens going to stop the US government from shipping more arms to Mexican drug cartels?
    The same way Obama taking executive action is going to curb gun violence.

It won't.
    We Must Dissent.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    I'm just so done with horse$#@! like this. Take responsibility, Mexico, and learn from your own mistakes.

Hard to blame Mexico, they don't have much there. In fact, their poverty rate doubled after the implementation of NAFTA.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Hard to blame Mexico, they don't have much there. In fact, their poverty rate doubled after the implementation of NAFTA.
    I'll blame Mexico all day if all they can do is point fingers at gun owners in the United States like me and tell me that it's my fault that drug cartels are running rampant throughout their nation. I realize that they blame "weapons trafficking", but the fact that our own government takes part in that as well as the fact that any action taken to combat weapons trafficking will likely have ill effects on our own right to bear arms, whether intentionally or unintentionally, does not sit well with me at all.
    We Must Dissent.

Can they not just go back to their country that has full gun control?

Maybe North Korea is hiring.

Quote Originally Posted by ZENemy View Post
    Can they not just go back to their country that has full gun control?
    They are already there.

They've just been brainwashed into thinking that the best representation of capitalism is corporatism. Hard to blame them when we are the model for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    They never do.
    Ban them.

Ban them.
    Too many of them.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Mexico needs to protect their own borders.

go back 2 mexico
    your vote does not count here
    leave or we will annex you

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    go back 2 mexico
    your vote does not count here
    leave or we will annex you
    Did you even read the OP?
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

I can get 25 million signatures from people that want to send Mexicans back to Mexico - wonder if the press will report that?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I can get 25 million signatures from people that want to send Mexicans back to Mexico - wonder if the press will report that?
    Probably (they reported on the petition to send Piers back, after all), but the spin on the Mexicans back to Mexico would be ugly, and folks would cheerfully work to make it even nastier by showing their worst face.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I'd sign.

Quote Originally Posted by shane77m View Post
    I want to start a petition banning bad Mexican food.
    I'm hard pressed to come across 'bad' Mexican food. Unless you mean, that Taco Bell/Jack in the Box bs.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    I'm hard pressed to come across 'bad' Mexican food. Unless you mean, that Taco Bell/Jack in the Box bs.
    Those are not Mexican food.

What, exactly, are they doing on their side of the border? The Mexican government tries to find any and every way to try and "stick it to us."
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    What, exactly, are they doing on their side of the border? The Mexican government tries to find any and every way to try and "stick it to us."
    That's why we need to build a fence.

The Israelis build very good ones:

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So does that mean we should start a petition for Mexico to let their people have ammunition and own firearms?

Bet we could get more than 54,000 signatures on ours.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    There is a place up the road from where I live that has bad Mexican food. Not to mention they also have bad health inspection scores.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

That's why we need to build a fence.

The Israelis build very good ones:

Bet they don't have any Mexicans crossing that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    So does that mean we should start a petition for Mexico to let their people have ammunition and own firearms?

Bet we could get more than 54,000 signatures on ours.
    Mexico's constitution specifically grants its citizens the right to have firearms and ammunition within the home. Carry permits are very hard to get, though.

I'm going to start a petition to formally recommend that Mexico bans drug cartels. I'm sure both the US and Mexico will be all sunshine and rainbows after the (law abiding) US population is completely disarmed, and the gangs and cartels know that they're not allowed to exist down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Bet they don't have any Mexicans crossing that one.
    I'll have to call the IDF for a comment on that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast