Public university suspends student for calling another student’s legs ‘bleached hams’

A university inside the suburban sprawl of northeastern New Jersey has suspended a student for comparing another student’s legs to “a pair of bleached hams” in a YouTube comment, reports CBS New York.

School officials at Montclair State University allegedly determined that Joseph Aziz, a 26-year-old graduate student, violated the school’s student code when he published the derogatory comment.

The history of the fracas dates back to August, when Aziz showed up at a campus speech by Republican Steve Lonegan along with other members of Young Americans for Liberty, which describes itself as the school’s largest political organization.

The female student who was the subject of Aziz’s mockery also attended the speech along with a male companion, reports NJ.com. The male companion heckled Lonegan during his speech.

Someone apparently videotaped the episode and put it on YouTube. Aziz commented twice under the video. The comments allegedly called attention to the weight of both the heckler and the female student.

YouTube has since deleted the video and its comments.

“The initial comments were in poor taste and I regret making them,” Aziz told NJ.com. “I was frustrated with what I perceived as an attack on the speaker whose appearance my group sponsored.”

Such would have concluded one of millions of wonderfully insignificant instances of free speech in the United States but for the fact that someone later reported Aziz’s comments to the taxpayer-funded university.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/17/pu...#ixzz2IHH7uQ2g