Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How real conspiracies are exposed

How real conspiracies are exposed

By now I assume most people are familiar with the Manti Te’o story.

Short version is this: Manti Te’o is a Notre Dame linebacker, a projected top 10 overall NFL draft prospect, one of the best college football players in the nation and by all accounts a great dude. In October he receives word that his grandmother and girlfriend died within a 24 hour window right before Notre Dame plays Michigan State. A game in which Michigan State is favored. Manti decides to skip the funeral because his girlfriend told him to promise her that he wouldn’t miss a game and instead play in the game. He plays in the game and has a great performance, helping the Irish record the upset of Michigan State. His story is inspiring and carried on various networks and featured prominently on ESPN and all the sports blogs.

Except yesterday we receive news that none of it was true. The girlfriend not only didn’t die, she never existed to begin with. Details of the bizarre story are still coming out, so bizarre we’re still not sure 100% how this all happened, but we do know the girlfriend never existed.

Now take a look at how real investigative journalism works. See the story below which broke this news. See how detailed and exhaustive it is and how deadspin proves every single point without a shadow of a doubt. No one could read this story and claim that deadspin was lying or that they are conspiracy theorists. Rock solid proof and the story is exposed and now all over the media and internet. Look how long and detailed it is and how every fact is poured over with a fine tooth comb.

Also note how it took them 3 months and hundreds of hours of time and research before coming out with this bombshell. They knew they had to be 1000% sure of their claim before going public because IF THEY WERE WRONG IT WOULD BE INCREDIBLY $#@!ED UP TO MAKE SUCH A CLAIM ABOUT SOMEONE WHO LOST A LOVED ONE. They would not release it and open themselves up to ridicule before backing everything up and being 100% sure. To do anything else would be incredibly cruel to Manti, his family, and the Notre Dame community and result in deadspin losing all credibility.

http://m.deadspin.com/5976517/manti-...ason-is-a-hoax

Contrast that with the Newtown story. The bullets had barely stopped flying and already we saw tons of websites claim it was all a big conspiracy. We have people questioning and harassing people who lost children. What if it really did go down? How is it possible to make all these claims without doing any investigating?
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Contrast investigative journalism with this. Two middle aged white women with dark hair

Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

And by the way the "crisis actors" didn't cry enough? Manti Te'o balled his eyes out on the Notre Dame sideline and then gave this interview. So I guess this football player is a much better actor than those hired by the government.

Remind me again where there's been investigative journalism by the mainstream media on the matter. All they've done is corroborate lies, inconsistencies and ommisions.

And you wonder why there are theories. Youtube Sandy Hook Exposed for many more investigative questions....
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    And by the way the "crisis actors" didn't cry enough? Manti Te'o balled his eyes out on the Notre Dame sideline and then gave this interview. So I guess this football player is a much better actor than those hired by the government.

Well, we do know he's acting, so ummm, yes.... That doesn't really prove anything in the other case, than yes, raise the possibility they are crappy actors. Makes more sense than parents not crying and joking before going on camera and acting too choked up to speak.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

Short version is this: Manti Te’o is a Notre Dame linebacker, a projected top 10 overall NFL draft prospect, one of the best college football players in the nation and by all accounts a great dude. In October he receives word that his grandmother and girlfriend died within a 24 hour window right before Notre Dame plays Michigan State. A game in which Michigan State is favored. Manti decides to skip the funeral because his girlfriend told him to promise her that he wouldn’t miss a game and instead play in the game. He plays in the game and has a great performance, helping the Irish record the upset of Michigan State. His story is inspiring and carried on various networks and featured prominently on ESPN and all the sports blogs.

Except yesterday we receive news that none of it was true. The girlfriend not only didn’t die, she never existed to begin with. Details of the bizarre story are still coming out, so bizarre we’re still not sure 100% how this all happened, but we do know the girlfriend never existed.

Now take a look at how real investigative journalism works. See the story below which broke this news. See how detailed and exhaustive it is and how deadspin proves every single point without a shadow of a doubt. No one could read this story and claim that deadspin was lying or that they are conspiracy theorists. Rock solid proof and the story is exposed and now all over the media and internet. Look how long and detailed it is and how every fact is poured over with a fine tooth comb.

Also note how it took them 3 months and hundreds of hours of time and research before coming out with this bombshell. They knew they had to be 1000% sure of their claim before going public because IF THEY WERE WRONG IT WOULD BE INCREDIBLY $#@!ED UP TO MAKE SUCH A CLAIM ABOUT SOMEONE WHO LOST A LOVED ONE. They would not release it and open themselves up to ridicule before backing everything up and being 100% sure. To do anything else would be incredibly cruel to Manti, his family, and the Notre Dame community and result in deadspin losing all credibility.

Contrast that with the Newtown story. The bullets had barely stopped flying and already we saw tons of websites claim it was all a big conspiracy. We have people questioning and harassing people who lost children. What if it really did go down? How is it possible to make all these claims without doing any investigating?
    When the intelligence agencies commit actions in the best interest of the old Puritan order, there is no way the people will ever be able to investigate them. The best we can do is suppose that tyranny by its very drunkard nature is attempting to violate our Civil Purpose. We can also gain insight from former citizens and intelligence agencies within those far flung places defeated by these paganists in charge of the Federal government. The KGB agents for one. When the Soviet Union had dissolved, the intelligence agencies absorbed their tactics. The same was true of the Nazi SS. This is the evil we are up against. We have to understand this as a war going on between two orders within the United States which are the new order established by our Founders and the old existing Puritan order established prior.

Contrast investigative journalism with this. Two middle aged white women with dark hair
    Well you know we all look alike.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Banned

Blog Entries

What a fail by the MSM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    What a fail by the MSM.
    Actually, seriously, making this thread even less sensical is that absolutely no one did any investigative journalism whatsoever, outside of the independent site Deadspin, who's breaking more big stories than the MSM (even if they are as trashy as exposing Brett Favre's little buddy to the world).

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post
    Actually, seriously, making this thread even less sensical is that absolutely no one did any investigative journalism whatsoever, outside of the independent site Deadspin, who's breaking more big stories than the MSM (even if they are as trashy as exposing Brett Favre's little buddy to the world).
    Alternative news gets the job done once again reporting conspiracies accurately. No surprise here.

Remind me again where there's been investigative journalism by the mainstream media on the matter. All they've done is corroborate lies, inconsistencies and ommisions.

And you wonder why there are theories. Youtube Sandy Hook Exposed for many more investigative questions....
    In order to get from a to z, we have to quit writing books. A volume could be written about how irrational the news media is. The best they could do in their defense is talk and look pretty. Meaning we just need to trust that the media is by nature irrational. This is true on countless levels. So, investigative reporting is an oxymoron. Figure the best the news media will ever be is a mother bird throwing up regurgitated nonsense for public little birds to drink up and crap out. This method apparently sells the product. The lower the quality of the product being sold, the worse tasting is the vomited news.

I hate using this analogy, but this is how we should view the news media. It is crap on many many levels. Will we eat it up? In a heartbeat!

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    Alternative news gets the job done once again reporting conspiracies accurately. No surprise here.

Yep that is really the big lesson here, the msm is completely useless and should never be trusted.

Bt, there are more pictures of that woman at the website including an actress profile so it isn't fair to just post that one pic which is not proof by itself but should raise an eyebrow. If I wasn't on my phone I'd repost the link.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Let's win one for the Fibber!

Hello BlackTerrel. Let me see if I understand you. Do you only care about unimportant conspiracies (such as the girlfriend of some football player I've never heard of because I don't think college football or even pro football is important in the grand scheme of things)? Is that what makes a conspiracy "real"?

Frankly I haven't gotten deep into Sandy Hook or the Aurora shooting beyond the fact that the Aurora shooter was definitely hopped up on drugs and the Sandy Hook shooter may have been as well. But what about the death of Osama Bin Laden? Does that not count as a "real conspiracy" just because it hasn't gotten the MSM rubber stamp of approval? Let's look at the facts:

1) At first the government said they were watching it on live TV. We even have the "picture" to prove that. Then later we were told there all of the helmet cams failed and there was no video feed. So what were they looking at?

2) At first Pakistan released a picture of the dead OBL. Then they said the picture was a fake.

3) At first a congressman said he saw pictures of a dead OBL. Then he said he was "mistaken".

4) At first the Pentagon said they did DNA tests to prove it was really OBL. Now they say they don't have OBL's DNA records.

5) OBL's alleged "burial at sea" which was supposedly done "in accordance with Islamic custom" actually violates Islam.

6) Members of the SEAL team that supposedly killed OBL were killed a couple of weeks later....only we learn it was supposedly a different SEAL team 6.

But hey, if you care more about football players' imaginary girlfriends more power to you.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

You guys are missing the point.

BlackTerrel just discovered a new force of nature which dictates that any story which is more complex than some football player lying about his girlfriend is necessarily true.

I propose that we label this newly discovered force of nature the "Black Terrel Hole".

Black Terrel Holes prohibit human beings from lying about anything that has more than one physical dimension to it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Man Tai Teo's incident is not even a conspiracy, its just a hoax perpetuated by one attention starved individual. So yea we know humans lie and one more thing, a govt conspiracy would be a lot more sophisticated that the hoax of a little football player. The point is, I do not know what happened in this case in Sandy Hook and you dont know either what you know is what the govt is telling you and that is it.

But I can tell you what will solve this problem and put all the Sandy Hook Hoaxers to shame, show the damn video from the school. Show it tomorrow not next 6 months or year, show it now so we can all see it.
    Last edited by juleswin; 01-17-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post

BlackTerrel just discovered a new force of nature which dictates that any story which is more complex than some football player lying about his girlfriend is necessarily true.

I propose that we label this newly discovered force of nature the "Black Terrel Hole".

Black Terrel Holes prohibit human beings from lying about anything that has more than one physical dimension to it.
    That's probably a misrepresentation..

Banned

Blog Entries
    So.. what happened to Occam's razor on this one?

Surely it could have been applied to this situation to see that it was all a fraud.

+rep

We're to believe that people will lie and cover up football shenanigans, (not saying that pro sports does NOT have a long and sordid past of corruption, game fixing and yes, conspiracies) but not do the same when millions of lives and trillions of dollars and the fate of nations are in the balance?

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Hello BlackTerrel. Let me see if I understand you. Do you only care about unimportant conspiracies (such as the girlfriend of some football player I've never heard of because I don't think college football or even pro football is important in the grand scheme of things)? Is that what makes a conspiracy "real"?

Frankly I haven't gotten deep into Sandy Hook or the Aurora shooting beyond the fact that the Aurora shooter was definitely hopped up on drugs and the Sandy Hook shooter may have been as well. But what about the death of Osama Bin Laden? Does that not count as a "real conspiracy" just because it hasn't gotten the MSM rubber stamp of approval? Let's look at the facts:

1) At first the government said they were watching it on live TV. We even have the "picture" to prove that. Then later we were told there all of the helmet cams failed and there was no video feed. So what were they looking at?

2) At first Pakistan released a picture of the dead OBL. Then they said the picture was a fake.

3) At first a congressman said he saw pictures of a dead OBL. Then he said he was "mistaken".

4) At first the Pentagon said they did DNA tests to prove it was really OBL. Now they say they don't have OBL's DNA records.

5) OBL's alleged "burial at sea" which was supposedly done "in accordance with Islamic custom" actually violates Islam.

6) Members of the SEAL team that supposedly killed OBL were killed a couple of weeks later....only we learn it was supposedly a different SEAL team 6.

But hey, if you care more about football players' imaginary girlfriends more power to you.

This made me laugh for five minutes.

Never confront irrationality with a rational response. In other words, this is a good response gone for naught. Instead, do what I do. In a world of lies, the only way to unravel the mysteries of the colorful metaphors and fancy superfluous similes of the media is by way of deep emotional interpretation.

There is a subtle difference between one who is a baffling idiot and one who has been baffled into an idiot by the media. Show some respect. In the end, as the world educates us by having our superiors teach us, in clear contrast, God transforms us by having our inferiors teach us.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    So.. what happened to Occam's razor on this one?

Surely it could have been applied to this situation to see that it was all a fraud.
    In referring to Occam's razor, how does this relate to the linguistics pertaining to the analysis of the conclusion?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Emanuel Watkins View Post
    Never confront irrationality with a rational response. In other words, this is a good response gone for naught. Instead, do what I do. In a world of lies, the only way to unravel the mysteries of the colorful metaphors and fancy superfluous similes of the media is by way of deep emotional interpretation.

I remember one of jmdrake's favorite 9/11 factoids used to be how the FBI admitted that former Chief of the Pakistani Inter-services Intelligence helped wire $100,000 to Muhammad Attah, and then the 9/11 Commission essentially said that whoever funded the 19 hijackers was immaterial.

I mean, $#@!, that's like a prosecutor saying that whoever funded the hitman isn't worth investigating.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Emanuel Watkins View Post
    I remember one of jmdrake's favorite 9/11 factoids used to be how the FBI admitted that former Chief of the Pakistani Inter-services Intelligence helped wire $100,000 to Muhammad Attah, and then the 9/11 Commission essentially said that whoever funded the 19 hijackers was immaterial.

I mean, $#@!, that's like a prosecutor saying that whoever funded the hitman isn't worth investigating.
    You can nest QUOTE's

edit: Not meaning to correct you, only give you a way to show the timeline of events
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 01-17-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Deadspin isn't that independent they're owned by a pretty sizable company. And yes most in the MSM didn't care to dig deep to see if a top ten football player made up an imaginary girlfriend. But once it was exposed it was exposed so blatantly that no one could deny it and it was covered everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    But how come it took deadspin 3 months and Alex Jones 3 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Man Tai Teo's incident is not even a conspiracy, its just a hoax perpetuated by one attention starved individual. So yea we know humans lie and one more thing, a govt conspiracy would be a lot more sophisticated that the hoax of a little football player. The point is, I do not know what happened in this case in Sandy Hook and you dont know either what you know is what the govt is telling you and that is it.
    If it will be more complex and sophisticated it will take more than three months to unravel. Which is how long it took to be 100% sure that this was a hoax. How do you all know it is a hoax right away?

But I can tell you what will solve this problem and put all the Sandy Hook Hoaxers to shame, show the damn video from the school. Show it tomorrow not next 6 months or year, show it now so we can all see it.
    I am sure that will put the conspiracies to rest just like Obama's birth certificate proved he was born in Hawaii and not Muslim. Oh wait - the same people still believe that.

How do you all know it is a hoax right away?
    Look, it's really not that difficult.

See, I don't know it's hoax, I don't know if it's a "conspiracy" or what it might be, whatever "it" happens to be.

But my default position, my first take on anything that comes out of the government's pie hole, or their paid official organs, is to immediately disbelieve it, question it and assume that they are lying.

It's much easier that way, it hews closer to the truth in almost all cases where there is any question about what "it" was or how "it" happened.

If it will be more complex and sophisticated it will take more than three months to unravel. Which is how long it took to be 100% sure that this was a hoax. How do you all know it is a hoax right away?

I am sure that will put the conspiracies to rest just like Obama's birth certificate proved he was born in Hawaii and not Muslim. Oh wait - the same people still believe that.
    They were pretty sure it was a hoax right away, or otherwise they would not have spent that much time investigating. It took 3 months to gather enough evidence to convince everyone else.

And Obama's birth certificate has a lot of problems, unnecessary layers, etc...it's not so straight forward. Even that could have been done on purpose, 'cause it doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 01-17-2013 at 09:21 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast