Thread: Sheriff revolt spreading . . . have you called your sheriff?

Sheriff revolt spreading . . . have you called your sheriff?

Another sheriff, this time in Martin County, Florida. He doesn't sound as strong as some of the others, but you could compare an unelected police chief in this video clip versus the sheriff and it's apparent that Jefferson was right about cities versus agrarian societies.

"The mobs of great cities add just so much to support of pure government as sores do to the strength of the human body," - - Thomas Jefferson

"I think our governments will remain virtuous for many centuries as long as they are chiefly agricultural; and this will be as long as there shall be vacant lands in any part of America. When they get plied upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, they will become corrupt as in Europe." -- Jefferson to Madison

I just ordered my sheriff a copy of a CSPOA dvd. (I'm gonna open it and watch it before I give it to him, though—for $50 , I want to get something out of it myself).

http://cspoa.org/

I wonder how many sheriffs will show up for the next CSPOA convention.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 01-17-2013 at 03:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I emailed mine but never got a response.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

Quote Originally Posted by shane77m View Post
    I emailed mine but never got a response.
    The response will come tonight around oh-dark-thirty.

Where are these folks coming from? Where have they been hiding?

North Carolina:

I'm seeing that even if the sheriff is a bit wishy-washy on the issue, the people showing up at these town-hall meetings have balls.

Listen for the Marine at the 6 minute mark.

Multiple parts of this meeting, here's another:

Last edited by nobody's_hero; 01-17-2013 at 04:46 PM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post

Listen for the Marine at the 6 minute mark.
    He got some amen's. These folks are serious. Down here in the south amen carries some weight behind it. People do need to educate themselves as to what the Constitution says, me included, and not just Obama's interpretation.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

Interesting. Martin County is just to the north of me.
    Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by shane77m View Post
    He got some amen's. These folks are serious. Down here in the south amen carries some weight behind it. People do need to educate themselves as to what the Constitution says, me included, and not just Obama's interpretation.
    "Amen" is like a "+rep", yes.

He was directing that comment about education especially towards the sheriffs gathered at that meeting. It gave me the 'warm and fuzzies'.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

WTF? I just tried to watch the OP video.

"Another scene of gun violence in our community." It's Mangonia $#@!ing Park, what do you expect? You wake up literally EVERY morning to hear there was a shooting at Mangonia Park, but it was never hyped up like this bull$#@!. I hate the media.

/Rant.

ETA: Crime rate for Mangonia Park. http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...k-Florida.html
    Last edited by ronpaulfollower999; 01-17-2013 at 04:42 PM.
    Rand Paul 2016

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.