Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joseph Farah endorses Rand Paul 2016

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Joseph Farah endorses Rand Paul 2016

Joseph Farah of WND is already calling Rand Paul the next president and says there is no other Republican candidate with "so much of the right stuff going for him". Very good news.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/is-this-m...ext-president/

JERUSALEM – You say it’s too early to choose a candidate for president in 2016?

Let me tell you something: It’s never too early, unless you want to be left with a Republican selection like those since Ronald Reagan left office in 1988 – establishment GOP picks who, for the most part, are either losers or winners who continue business as usual in Washington.

Why am I excited about Sen. Rand Paul in 2016?

Because he genuinely understands the absolute need to reduce spending, return to the constitutional limits on the federal government and stop borrowing – not 10 years from now, but now.

Secondly, Paul has shown an ability to beat the Republican establishment by bringing together a coalition of libertarians, evangelicals and tea-party activists on common principles.

Thirdly, I believe he will start with a strong base of support built by his father, Ron Paul – a base representing close to 20 percent of the Republican and independent vote. That is a formidable base – better than any other potential GOP candidate starts with in a bid to reclaim the White House in four years.

But what about foreign policy?

Wasn’t this where Ron Paul alienated so many Republican voters?

What about issues like same-sex marriage?

Is Rand Paul, who shares a name with Ayn Rand, too libertarian?

Having spent a week with Sen. Paul in Israel, my concerns about those questions have been assuaged.

Let’s take the issue of Israel, for instance. Rand Paul’s position is exactly like mine. The U.S. needs to stand with our ally, but we need to stop trying to control the Jewish state and push it into an untenable position in which it cannot defend itself.

Ultimately, that means a cutoff of foreign aid. I’m against foreign aid for all countries. The Constitution is against foreign aid for all countries. And there are pragmatic reasons for weaning Israel from foreign aid so that it becomes less dependent on the whims of Washington.

Paul has a nuanced position on foreign aid in which he calls for cutting or eliminating it for countries that are brutal, anti-American regimes for which we have no national interest to support. In time, Israel will be cut, too – when it is prepared to stand on its own two feet confidently and with its unique blessing from God.

I have spoken to dozens of Jewish congregations and groups over the years as one of the more well-known Arab-American supporters of Israel. I have presented this same position to them forthrightly and honestly, explaining that foreign aid is counterproductive for Israel as it is for any other recipient nation.

The surprising reaction has been universal – standing ovations.

In other words, Rand Paul has the right positions and knows how to articulate them effectively. He understands the unique threats Israel faces from increasing hostile and well-armed nations and terrorists who surround the tiny bastion of liberty in the Middle East.

He brings this same common-sense approach to domestic fiscal policy and social policy.

There’s one more reason to rally around Rand Paul as the Republican champion in 2016: Does anyone else start with such a strong base and the kind of deep-seated convictions that we need to take America back?

If there is one, I can’t think of who it might be.

One thing is certain: We can’t make the mistakes we made in 2012 and 2008 and 2000 and 1996 and 1988.

We can’t let the establishment pick the Republican presidential candidate.

Rand Paul may not be the only one who can do that. But I can’t think of any other candidate who has so much of the right stuff going for him.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Good. We need more people of his ilk on board.

WND? Kiss of death. LOL.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    WND? Kiss of death. LOL.
    No no Kathy. He is good. He also named Ron Paul man of the year. People do change.

Clearly this was the result of the double rainbow.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow, and years out from the primary - this could really snowball into something massive!

Good article.

people realize that the power elite is going to screw them.. so they change.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    General statement is general.
    Peace sells, but who's buying?

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    Maybe people are changing strategy because they now realize that it will be near impossible for an establishment Republican to get elected in the future. Maybe there were finally enough conservatives that opted out of the last election to force a strategy change. Maybe this is the shock that was needed to get people to endorse early, and to make sure that the candidate will appeal to the people who stayed home. I say maybe because I hope that I am not being too hopeful, but the fact that enough people finally decided to not cave in, and reluctantly vote establishment last election, did give me hope.
    Last edited by dinosaur; 01-18-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Fantastic. Joseph loves Rand because he is a true conservative in love with Israel
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

"Ultimately, that means a cutoff of foreign aid. I’m against foreign aid for all countries. The Constitution is against foreign aid for all countries. And there are pragmatic reasons for weaning Israel from foreign aid so that it becomes less dependent on the whims of Washington."

Is this a new position of his? I don't regularly read WND.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I FEEL LIKE SINGING! ITS COOL TO BE A LIBERTARIAN AGAIN.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

No one who has been following Rand Paul's political career should be surprised. The man is special.

Obama is also making it easier for us to organize our base. He seems perfectly intent on teeing up gun control and climate change as the signature pieces of his second term. That will fire up the base, and Rand will be strengthened because he has never been an establishment Republican a la McCain who supported and may still support in private things such as cap and trade, carbon taxes, etc..

As I just wrote this, it makes me think that Obama being reelected was a good thing for us. We'd all be wishy washy on Romney and most conservatives would be hiding just because there's a Republican in the white house.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

This isn't great! Farah is an idiot. Rand is solidifying support amongst the far right Israel first loonies. He won't win the nomination like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul25 View Post
    This isn't great! Farah is an idiot. Rand is solidifying support amongst the far right Israel first loonies. He won't win the nomination like this.
    Oh, this will help him win the nomination. However, it's not too helpful for the general.
    Benton/Collins 2016

I see people like Joe Farah and Phylis Schlafly as the low hanging fruit that Rand really needs. They're probably our closest allies in the GOP outside of those who are already with us. It's a natural direction to reach out, and I don't see how he wins without doing it.

Why wouldn't it be advantageous to reach out to the Israel-first crowd? In fact, as you can see from the article, Rand is winning the case that says you can be "Israel-first" AND be against foreign aid and interventionism. If Rand can win that argument, it is a major hurdle he has overcome on the road to communicating a different foreign policy to the Republican party. If your average Israel-first Republican has enough understanding of the Constitution to reject foreign aid and interventionism, we can win.

Secondly, out of the possible candidates for 2016, Rand Paul alone has the ability to unify all of the necessary factions to win. Rand unifies liberty people, tea partiers, evangelicals, independents, average conservatives, etc. This is also something that Farrah correctly touched upon. No other candidate can do this. Rand's major obstacle in 2016 will be the establishment in both parties. It will be the same fight against the establishment as 2012... the only difference being that Rand is doing all the schmoozing years in advance that Ron would never do. Whether that helps or hurts, I guess we will find out.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It won't. Did you not pay any attention to 2012. "We have to elect some one who can defeat Obama". The moderate will be nominated again. Even if Rand wins he is destroying any chance of anti-war liberals from supporting him.

It won't. Did you not pay any attention to 2012. "We have to elect some one who can defeat Obama". The moderate will be nominated again. Even if Rand wins he is destroying any chance of anti-war liberals from supporting him.
    Liberals don't care about being anti-war when the rubber meets the road. It's a mistake to dwell on liberals when trying to when the GOP primary. Besides, have you seen the Huffington Post lately? Rand is evil incarnate to those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Liberals don't care about being anti-war when the rubber meets the road. It's a mistake to dwell on liberals when trying to when the GOP primary. Besides, have you seen the Huffington Post lately? Rand is evil incarnate to those people.
    I'm not sure why people are obsessed with appealing to liberals. Rand won't get 100% of the vote, nor does he need to. He needs to focus on appealing to Republicans, Conservatives, Libertarians and independents more than liberals. If liberals find him appealing, great but that shouldn't be a main focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeman View Post
    I'm not sure why people are obsessed with appealing to liberals. Rand won't get 100% of the vote, nor does he need to. He needs to focus on appealing to Republicans, Conservatives, Libertarians and independents more than liberals. If liberals find him appealing, great but that shouldn't be a main focus.
    Yep. I've been reading about trying to reach out to the liberal vote on this site since I've joined. Sure we have some from the left, but as we saw in Ron's last two attempts, you need those from the right. Those from the right are being courted by Rand whenever he attacks those on the left or is attacked by those on the left. Those on the right, their ears perk up whenever Rand is defending the 2nd ammendment or taking on the O or Hillary, or even the more liberal idiots like Lindsey Graham and even McCain. I also know there is no left or right, but in the current dynamic of voters that associate themselves in this paradigmn alot of people on both sides are neutralized by Ron but don't hold any firm stance for or against him, unless educated which takes time and patience. Rand is now bringing Ron's philosophy more easily accepted into the right.

It's a natural cycle, allowing for a shift in politics, that will also I believe bring in some still from the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeman View Post
    Well, because our platform does appeal to liberals at significantly higher rates than any other Republican brand, and it would be stupid to not take advantage of that in some way. Elections are usually won or lost by margins of 5% to 1/4 of 1%. If you have the ability to pull 2000 liberal votes out of a county instead of the normal Republican's 200 votes or 20 votes, then that 1800 votes could be the margin of victory.

It helps in certain circles, but these guys are by no means kingmakers. They all supported Gingrich/Santorum.
    I can vote now and I'm voting for Rand!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast