Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tom Woods to join Ron Paul's big project

I don't see is as a hobby but the next turn in his career. I don't think he was built to sit still.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I didn't say that. You did.
    You neg rep me and call me a "twisted sister", because I called you on your lie? Interesting.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

You neg rep me and call me a "twisted sister", because I called you on your lie? Interesting.
    Sigh, I was prepared to let this drop but you won't let it.

Ok, how is this a lie? How is it even neg-worthy?

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Obvious RP sees it differently than our esteemed member above. Perhaps he realizes Benton is a jerk as well?

Tom Woods attacked Ron's campaign. Benton didn't. HUGE difference.

Still, I said he had useful qualities and I hoped he used them in this project. If you want internet fallatio performed on him, you will have to do it yourself.
    Tom Woods did not attack Ron Paul. He attacked obvious shortcomings in Ron Paul's campaign. Now Ron Paul has chosen Tom Woods to help him post campaign. By attacking Tom Woods, and being vulgar in the process, you are behaving worse than Tom Woods. Worse than Alex Jones in fact. But hey, eat yourself up all you want. Life will go on without you.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    *SIGH* This thread reads like something you would expect from the Libertarians! Never miss an opportunity for a circular firing squad!
    "Oh no! Not this shit again?"
    Constitutional Libertarian Federalist

Quote Originally Posted by NewFederalist View Post
    *SIGH* This thread reads like something you would expect from the Libertarians! Never miss an opportunity for a circular firing squad!
    I know! When will we start all falling in line like the republicrats?!!
    Last edited by green73; 01-20-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Tom Woods did not attack Ron Paul. He attacked obvious shortcomings in Ron Paul's campaign. Now Ron Paul has chosen Tom Woods to help him post campaign. By attacking Tom Woods, and being vulgar in the process, you are behaving worse than Tom Woods. Worse than Alex Jones in fact. But hey, eat yourself up all you want. Life will go on without you.
    You just want to keep this going, don't you Drake. Woods attacked Ron Paul's hand-picked campaign staff for his presidential campaign. For Woods to publicly attack that, while claiming out of one side of his mouth, that he is trying to help, is more than disingenuous. Now, if you want to back that kind of bull$#@!, which you clearly do, that is your prerogative. I will not.

It says a lot about you, actually.

I'm not at all worried about my reputation. Perhaps you should be concerned about your own.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 01-20-2013 at 01:07 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Who all do we know is involved in this so far?
    I'm counting Ron, Tom and [I'm assuming] Lew.

Anyone else we know of?

I'm extremely excited about this, to the point I'm worried I'll be disappointed. Tom and Lew are internet pros (I mean in the way they utilize it) and seems like some great stuff can come from it but I'm really wanting something new. I don't know what I'm wanting exactly ... just seems there's a hole and I don't know its shape.

we have YAL, C4L, Mises.org, etc. I'm just hoping there's as little overlap as possible with those site's activities.

A full blown media outlet would be very cool. Especially if they made a way to watch it through internet connected game systems (like netflix does).

So according to LE the political wing of the Liberty Movement can never be criticized? Political operatives are above even mild criticism so long as they have hitched themselves to the right wagon. Spoken like a true Obama cultists.

You just want to keep this going, don't you Drake.
    No. I'm telling you that you need to let this go. That's what I said from jump. You are the one arrogantly trying to keep it going. And you're making yourself look bad.

Woods attacked Ron Paul's hand-picked campaign staff for his presidential campaign.
    And now Woods is part of Ron Paul's hand-picked post campaign staff. So everything you've said in the past about how people weren't showing respect for Ron's judgement by attacking his staff applies to you. Only it's worse in your case because your only criticism of Woods is that he made criticism of Ron's staff. Woods criticism of was justified especially in light of recent revelations that someone on Ron's staff didn't take the obvious step of taking a few hundred from the millions they got in money bombs and lock down RonPaul.com for the foreseeable future.

For Woods to publicly attack that, while claiming out of one side of his mouth, that he is trying to help, is more than disingenuous.
    Whatever. Now Ron has come to the conclusion that Woods help is worth it. Deal with it.

Now, if you want to back that kind of bull$#@!, which you clearly do, that is your prerogative. I will not.
    I'm backing Ron's decision. If you know longer support Ron fine. The fact is I've never been a fan of Woods with all of his "pro South" stuff (he's more down your ally on that), but he is a talented writer, the campaign did make some obvious mistakes, and Ron clearly wants Woods on board with what he's going now. That last point is the only one that really matters. If Ron Paul decides to hire Alex Jones as a speachwriter that's Ron Paul's decision. If Ron hired Glenn Beck, as much as I would hate that, that would still be Ron's decision. If you have a specific criticism of Tom other than Tom once did what you are doing now then fine. But...you don't.

It says a lot about you, actually.
    Yes. I'm consistent. You are not.

I'm not at all worried about my reputation. Perhaps you should be concerned about your own.
    Sister, I'm not the one going around being vulgar. Remind me never to take you seriously again when you complain about someone violating forum rules. You deserve a temp band for your "fellatio" comment, but I didn't report you because I don't roll that way. If you had any decency you'd temp ban yourself and cool off.

Edit: It's really simple. Is your loyalty with Ron Paul, or is it with his 2008/2012 campaign staff? Either you trust his judgement going forward, or you don't.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 01-23-2013 at 10:14 AM.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Stahp.
    twitter | blog

Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    And that's why I'm so pumped about Ron's "retirement" activities. Instead of playing bridge or golf, his hobby of purveying educationally induced activism is so inspiring. No doubt about it he's Founding Father material and then some.
    YES! And he's coming to Houston this Saturday!

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good content, interesting, well-produced, funny. That's what Dr. Paul's new project needs. Professor Tom Woods can help with all that, in spades.

Perhaps you should have that discussion with green behind the gills.
    There were a lot of people upset about the way Benton ran the campaign and many questioned if they were actually running to win.......I highly doubt Wood's comments had any real difference in the outcome of the campaign.

Dearest Drake, if you want the discussion to stop, try shutting up.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 01-23-2013 at 08:42 AM.
    ================

Dearest Drake, if you want the discussion to stop, try shutting up.
    Dear LE. Thank you for the neg rep. And thank you for telling me to suck Tom Woods cock when all I told you was it was time for you to move on from your Tom Woods hatred now that Ron Paul has hired him. No, I'm not interested in doing that. I'm interested in supporting Ron Paul in whatever it is his new venture is. Apparently you are not. At least not to the extent where you are willing to respect his decision as far as Tom Woods is concerned. You don't have to agree with it, but that's no reason for you to be disrespectful of it. And attacking me as you have when all I did was defend his decision is disrespectful to us both. That shows to me and the rest of the world what a miserable person you are becoming if that wasn't really the real you already. You have all of this advice on how other people should behave, but you can't even take the mildest correction yourself. I was under the impression that you were older and at least somewhat wiser, but if you are, you are not acting your age.

Edit: Oh yeah. And next time if you're going to insult me at least spell check first. It's not spelled "fallatio".
    Last edited by jmdrake; 01-23-2013 at 10:15 AM.

I never said that, Drake. Those are your words.

And thank you for the personal insults and the neg rep. I won't lower myself to your obvious low-level of behavior. So, have at it.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    He's great! The beginning of this podcast had me in hysterics.

Look
    there are now 10 MILLION "ron pauls"
    but only OnE tOm w00dz!

And that's why I'm so pumped about Ron's "retirement" activities. Instead of playing bridge or golf, his hobby of purveying educationally induced activism is so inspiring. No doubt about it he's Founding Father material and then some.
    I actually said that to him once, and he replied with a chuckle and said something like: Well, I wouldn't go that far.....
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    I actually said that to him once, and he replied with a chuckle and said something like: Well, I wouldn't go that far.....
    good ol' ron...I $#@!ing love that guy.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Lew said he'd have a TV presence.... he keeps teasing.....
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Tom Woods attacked Ron's campaign. Benton didn't. HUGE difference.
    Uh.... So Benton diggin his knife in our backs isn't "attacking" the campaign eh? Okie Dokie, now... bye bye then!
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Can wait to see what this 'project' will be all about! Tom Woods is awesome.. pure awesome.

He isn't doing anything unlike many other public servants who have since retired. Obviously when one is in a certain position of authority or influence he or she must absorb the yap of many. And yap that pertains to a vast scope of different issues. Once in official retirement these officials tend to have and make do with this time to focus on things that they themselves are interested in.

The only thing that makes me stutter step is Ron's ignorance in technology. Sure, the www is a wonderful thing and provides a tremendous platform. But there be vampires out there. I don't know that ron fully understands the business of the marketing that falls under this illusion of technology.

Also. One more thing while I'm reminded. People who are usually propped up under this synthetic illusion that they are "brilliant" don't frequently become involved in discussion in which they don't often present the terms of controversy themselves. Many who prop them up are simply doing so in an effort to appease self ignorance regaring many topics of discussion and seek a higher visionary. Just because one sounds as if they know a thing or three doesn't mean they will ever look to understand a thing or four or and five. Or instigate others to do as such.That's important to understand. But I digress...

Something that many who are concerned continue to keep a close eye on....

Personally, I don't trust many of the interested entities that Ron is now becoming technologically involved with as far as I can throw them. That's just my own opinion but an educated one at the very least. It's not that I question their morality as human beings, it's that I question where the bottom line lays. As should anyone who is willing to look beyond the meme to see that processes themselves are begining to become more and more conforming to the Intillectual Propertyish memes of today. Only heroes count their name, after all. Heck, all it takes to count is a static jpg. You know? "The lookit me, I'm popular crowd". Nope. Only legends leave atheir mark. I suspect that it's always been that way. Real ones, mind you. Not the self ordained flavor.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 01-28-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    He isn't doing anything unlike many other public servants who have since retired. Obviously when one is in a certain position of authority or influence he or she must absorb the yap of many. And yap that pertains to a vast scope of different issues. Once in official retirement these officials tend to have and make do with this time to focus on things that they themselves are interested in.

The only thing that makes me stutter step is Ron's ignorance in technology. Sure, the www is a wonderful thing and provides a tremendous platform. But there be vampires out there. I don't know that ron fully understands the business of the marketing that falls under this illusion of technology.

Something that many continue to monitor....
    I'm still up for chipping in to a singing telegram bearing resumes to Ron, for just that reason....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123