Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tom Woods to join Ron Paul's big project

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    He slammed Jesse Benton in an off the cuff statement during a LibertyChat. This was at the end of March. The writing was pretty much on the wall at this point about RP's chances, not at the height of the campaign as you have said. By this point there was no shortage of contempt in the liberty community regarding Benton.

The rest of your statement is pure bull$#@!. Woods did not go on the record again until September. Then when he did he spoke from personal experience. It turns out he was right about Benton. What's this about him making "all kinds of unfounded accusations about people like Doug Wead"?
    He made a post about future C4L focus and included Wead in a group of some pushing for an unpopular position, and Wead said no, he wasn't involved, hadn't been at the conversation in question and was not employed by the same employer. Woods corrected his post to take Wead out of the group.

I do think TW occassionally isn't precise, is occasionally more snarky than necessary, but I'll take those qualities with all his others, working for Ron. No one is perfect and I think Ron needs people like Tom Woods at his side.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-18-2013 at 11:49 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I really like this Mike Salvi! You're right, green73, the whole thing is worth listening to.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where would someone go to get more info on this project?

Quote Originally Posted by belian78 View Post
    Where would someone go to get more info on this project?
    we are all waiting for the big announcement. It is taking forever....
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    I really like this Mike Salvi! You're right, green73, the whole thing is worth listening to.
    He's great! The beginning of this podcast had me in hysterics.

He's great! The beginning of this podcast had me in hysterics.
    I listened to the whole thing last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for posting!

This episode should be great also. He interviews Larken Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by mac_hine View Post
    I listened to the whole thing last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for posting!

This episode should be great also. He interviews Larken Rose.
    [video]
    Thanks! I put it on my "watch later" list.

He slammed Jesse Benton in an off the cuff statement during a LibertyChat. This was at the end of March. The writing was pretty much on the wall at this point about RP's chances, not at the height of the campaign as you have said.
    In your opinion, it was over. One hell of a lot of people didn't share YOUR opinion.

By this point there was no shortage of contempt in the liberty community regarding Benton.
    Yappers on the forums, no. Actual activists, not so much. Most people didn't even know who the hell Benton was. But, these were people who were out there actually doing something.

The rest of your statement is pure bull$#@!. Woods did not go on the record again until September. Then when he did he spoke from personal experience. It turns out he was right about Benton. What's this about him making "all kinds of unfounded accusations about people like Doug Wead"?
    Woods is not God and he showed exactly what he was made of when he publicly attacked RON PAUL'S campaign. If he, as he claimed, was only trying to get the information to Ron, perhaps picking up the phone might have been a bit more appropriate. But, he didn't do that did he.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    He made a post about future C4L focus and included Wead in a group of some pushing for an unpopular position, and Wead said no, he wasn't involved, hadn't been at the conversation in question and was not employed by the same employer. Woods corrected his post to take Wead out of the group.

I do think TW occassionally isn't precise, is occasionally more snarky than necessary, but I'll take those qualities with all his others, working for Ron. No one is perfect and I think Ron needs people like Tom Woods at his side.
    Yeah, maybe it will keep his mouth directed towards actually helping the liberty movement.

Keep your friends close and your enemies, closer.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Yeah, maybe it will keep his mouth directed towards actually helping the liberty movement.

Keep your friends close and your enemies, closer.
    Time to just get over it LE. If Ron is working with Tom then you attacking Tom is no better than others attacking Benton.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 01-18-2013 at 07:22 PM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Time to just get over it LE.
    Nah, I think I will remember it. I will forgive him, but I will never forget it. History has a bad habit of being repeated.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 01-18-2013 at 07:24 PM.
    ================

Nah, I think I will remember it. I will forgive him, but I will never forget it.
    Fine. But now you are becoming like the people you've been attacking for attacking Benton. Think about it.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Fine. But now you are becoming like the people you've been attacking for attacking Benton. Think about it.
    Perhaps you should have that discussion with green behind the gills.
    ================

So what's the speculation concerning this announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by FreeHampshire View Post
    So what's the speculation concerning this announcement?
    web programing. beyond that, no clue. If you hear more, let us know!

Given Beck is gearing up a pseudo libertarian site and will have to pull in some of the real deal to have anything remotely approaching credibility, it is a good thing Ron signed Tom up first, imho.

Given Beck is gearing up a pseudo libertarian site and will have to pull in some of the real deal to have anything remotely approaching credibility, it is a good thing Ron signed Tom up first, imho.
    I don't think there's a chance Woods would have worked for Beck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why? Is he attacking Tom Woods now? The point is, if you don't like folks attacking people Ron has chosen to work with, then don't attack someone Ron has chosen to work with. If Tom Woods is fair game even now, then don't complain next time someone rips Benton.

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    The problem is while Tom has a brilliant mind he isn't very good at communicating with your typical GOP voter... indeed he prefers to ridicule them.

I still like him though and whatever this is will play well with the base but will it win us new friends?
    Agree.

In an educational setting why is there particular need to focus on the Gop primary voter?

In an educational setting why is there particular need to focus on the Gop primary voter?
    I presume Ron's plan to continually educate people is steeped in some form of eventual activism on their part after the fact, at some point. At the top of the list of activism, among other things, is likely the bolstering of our ranks in reforming the GOP from the bottom up so that DC can be plunged for once. I mean, why would Ron back off his plan to restore the GOP that he started 5 years ago esp since his son is a heavy hitter these days..

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    I presume Ron's plan to continually educate people is steeped in some form of eventual activism on their part after the fact, at some point. At the top of the list of activism, among other things, is likely the bolstering of our ranks in reforming the GOP from the bottom up so that DC can be plunged for once. I mean, why would Ron back off his plan to restore the GOP that he started 5 years ago esp since his son is a heavy hitter these days..
    Right. All the education in the world is meaningless if one does not do something with the knowledge they have gained.

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    The problem is while Tom has a brilliant mind he isn't very good at communicating with your typical GOP voter... indeed he prefers to ridicule them.

I still like him though and whatever this is will play well with the base but will it win us new friends?
    Are you being serious. He is one of the only moderate people we have. He speaks to all the ex-republicans. He isn't crass or harsh to listen to. Plus he holds the degrees for the universities most of the public takes serious.

Why? Is he attacking Tom Woods now? The point is, if you don't like folks attacking people Ron has chosen to work with, then don't attack someone Ron has chosen to work with. If Tom Woods is fair game even now, then don't complain next time someone rips Benton.
    Tom Woods attacked Ron's campaign. Benton didn't. HUGE difference.

Still, I said he had useful qualities and I hoped he used them in this project. If you want internet fallatio performed on him, you will have to do it yourself.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 01-19-2013 at 11:29 AM.
    ================

Obvious RP sees it differently than our esteemed member above. Perhaps he realizes Benton is a jerk as well?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Obvious RP sees it differently than our esteemed member above. Perhaps he realizes Benton is a jerk as well?
    I didn't say that. You did.
    ================

This will probably really bug LibertyEagle.
    And with this unnecessary provocation, the thread immediately takes a predictable turn for the worse and a debate of personalities instead of a positive thread talking about the possibilities. Perhaps next time post the content, discuss the subject and avoid making it personal with snipes about other rpf members.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    I suspect Ron is keeping the torch going which draws people in to begin with, and that would mean continuing spreading the message as he always had. The campaign may have been over as to the nomination in April, but he was drawing an average of 5,000 people to every event and more and more people were tuning in.

Just as our candidates, in office, find it hard to get things done when they are surrounded with establishment murk the institutional existence of which pushes back, if the people really want this, the politicians will find themselves needing to cater to it.

Ron already said it himself: "I am not just trying to win an election, I am trying to change the course of history!"

Then when people are tuned in, they will look around for the best candidates and find them, but those candidates aren't lighting the sort of torch that brings in the mass of Americans that don't even tune into primaries - yet.

Ron's supporters, many of us, came out of 'nowhere' as far as primary polling goes.

Ron already said it himself: "I am not just trying to win an election, I am trying to change the course of history!"

Then when people are tuned in, they will look around for the best candidates and find them, but those candidates aren't lighting the sort of torch that brings in the mass of Americans that don't even tune into primaries - yet.

Ron's supporters, many of us, came out of 'nowhere' as far as primary polling goes.
    And that's why I'm so pumped about Ron's "retirement" activities. Instead of playing bridge or golf, his hobby of purveying educationally induced activism is so inspiring. No doubt about it he's Founding Father material and then some.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast